Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Kenneth

Joseph Baffo

Someone tweeted earlier about CB Joseph Baffo signing for us-took is as maybe another rumour.

Joseph Baffo (born 7 November 1992) is a Swedish footballer who currently plays for Eintracht Braunschweig.

Norwich airport arrivals show a Saxon flight arrival from Braunschweig at 540 pm. Coincidence?

He is 23 years old and plays in the 2nd tier of German football.

He only signed for Braunschweig in July 2015 - isn''t there a rule that precludes someone from playing for three different clubs in a year? He''s played almost every game and Braunschweig have the best defensive record in the 2. Bundesliga, so seems like he''s adapted well after playing in Sweden and Norway until the summer.

From " the canaries corner"

"Former Norwich City and Olympiakos target, Joseph Baffo, rumoured to have flown to Norwich International airport in preparation for a Norwich City switch.

In the summer, it was reported by the EDP that Norwich were keen on the services of Joseph Baffo – a centre-half of who at the time was playing for Halmstads BK. The 23-year-old has since left the Swedish club and is now contracted to Eintracht Braunschweig in the second tier of German football.

With Norwich known to be in the market for a central defender and Baffo being a former target of Neil, rumours have been circulating that Norwich is to go in for the promising defender once again this January.

The rumour of Baffo making a switch could now become somewhat of a truth as an ‘unexpected’ flight has been scheduled to fly into Norwich International airport this evening, taking flight at 17:40 PM from Braunschweig – you can track this flight on the official Norwich International Airport website.

flight

A ‘surprise’ flight coming in from the city of Baffo’s current club and Norwich’s interest certainly seems to make for an enquiry as to whether Norwich City has managed to agree on a deal behind closed doors without leaking any detail. Let’s not forget that German flights are not normally a regular occurrence for the airport, backing this rumour up.

Norwich missed out on the defender in the summer just passes but it seems that they could look to snatch him this time around."

Covert Canary wrote the following post at 03/01/2016 7:38 PM:

Looks like the cheap option again.

Norwich shopping in the 99p stores again

Couldn''t care less what the price is if it''s someone Alex wants it good enough for me.

Do I smell bin or Waveney.🤔

If this is true then I would hope this would be a squad filler and not THE star centre back that we need ... German 2nd division.

Or, maybe, we are putting all our pennies together for an audacious Remy bid?!

Covert Canary wrote the following post at 03/01/2016 7:49 PM:

I am not this Waveney character never been to Lowestoft

How was the pie at Whitehart Lane?

I say after our previous transfer window, trying to but domestic and coming across the most ridiculous, convoluted chairmen and agents all looking for a ridiculous price or to deliberately stall/mess up transfers I think I''d rather go for maybe a lower class of player but hopefully a well scouted, hungry player that actually wants to come to the club. Not some has-been.

From what I''m reading on another thread I should think the first place they will take him will be Prince of Wales Rd to show him the range of shots available to wealthy young professionals.

[quote user="Covert Canary"]I am not this Waveney character never been to Lowestoft[/quote]Soz Waveney, but this one has already been registered. [;)]

Players for sale for 99p you say Waveney?

Quick - alert your mates at Poorman Road. If Mick and Marcus have a good rummage down the back of the sofa they might be able to scrape 99p together and buy one of them there players you''re going on about.

I see Alex starting a brand new defensive theme somewhere in these rumours / stories. If he brings back young Toffolo we could have a defence of  Pint-o, Baff-o and Toffolo-o.

Yup and its good that we now have Vadis Odidja Ofoe-o in the team, hey our squads taking shape, dont think Alex will be needed much longer.