Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Tom Lees

"According to a report in The Sun, Norwich City have placed £7 million-rated Sheffield Wednesday defender Tom Lees among their January targets.

The former Leeds United defender has been a key player for the Owls this season, starting 18 Championship matches before succumbing to injury at the beginning of December. Strong in the air and excellent at reading the game, his fine

performances at Hillsborough this season haven’t gone unnoticed and

links to the Premier League won’t come as a surprise to supporters.

According to a club-by-club January transfer report in The Sun, Lees is said to be a target for Norwich as the Premier League duo look to bolster their defensive ranks this month. Lees is valued at £7 million in the report, a huge increase on

the outlay Wednesday paid to bring him to Hillsborough after the

25-year-old struggled to make an impression at Elland Road.Norwich are heavily involved in a relegation battle this season,

with Canaries currently occupying 15th position following their 1-0 win

over Southampton on Saturday. With 32 goals conceded thus far, it’s easy to understand why Alex

Neil’s side may look place a new defender at the top of their

priorities this month in their bid to avoid the drop."
Everything sounds right about this one......He''s ex-Leeds, he''s overpriced, he''s injured..........and they''ve even supplied stats for grefstad. [:D]"Lees has averaged 2.2 interceptions and 4.8 effective clearances per Championship match this term."

[quote user="lappinitup"]

"According to a report in The Sun, Norwich City have placed £7 million-rated Sheffield Wednesday defender Tom Lees among their January targets.

The former Leeds United defender has been a key player for the Owls this season, starting 18 Championship matches before succumbing to injury at the beginning of December. Strong in the air and excellent at reading the game, his fine

performances at Hillsborough this season haven’t gone unnoticed and

links to the Premier League won’t come as a surprise to supporters.

According to a club-by-club January transfer report in The Sun, Lees is said to be a target for Norwich as the Premier League duo look to bolster their defensive ranks this month. Lees is valued at £7 million in the report, a huge increase on

the outlay Wednesday paid to bring him to Hillsborough after the

25-year-old struggled to make an impression at Elland Road.Norwich are heavily involved in a relegation battle this season,

with Canaries currently occupying 15th position following their 1-0 win

over Southampton on Saturday. With 32 goals conceded thus far, it’s easy to understand why Alex

Neil’s side may look place a new defender at the top of their

priorities this month in their bid to avoid the drop."
Everything sounds right about this one......He''s ex-Leeds, he''s overpriced, he''s injured..........and they''ve even supplied stats for grefstad. [:D]"Lees has averaged 2.2 interceptions and 4.8 effective clearances per Championship match this term."[/quote]But does he run about enough, when fit of course?  Or have I got the wrong poster?[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"]But does he run about enough, when fit of course?  Or have I got the wrong poster?[;)][/quote]I think you may be confusing him with Lakey OR, but they do have many similarities. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="OldRobert"]But does he run about enough, when fit of course?  Or have I got the wrong poster?[;)][/quote]I think you may be confusing him with Lakey OR, but they do have many similarities. [;)] [/quote]I stand (or sit) corrected.[;)]

part exchange with hooper heading in the other direction may soften the steep fee?

Certainly 3 of the better options in the champs are Lees, Curtis Davies and Lewis Dunk - but not sure how much better than our current pair they are, if at all, but some cover would be good.

I reminded guys in another post about Lees that hes out  a fair while with a niggly hamstring injury so would fail a medical anyway. Just to seem to reiterate that, Paddy and Michael Bailey in todays debate said Alex would only sign players who can hit the ground running..dont think Lees would fit that bill right now.