Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Do we still have a problem at the back?

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 04/01/2016 12:27 PM:

"My back plays me hell at times..

My doctor suggested losing some wieght from my front.

Do we have a problem at the front? "

Do you have visual contact with your striker?

[quote user="Felixfan"]Ok. We might need a bit more cover at the back but surely every spare penny should be spent on a quality striker that terrifies opposition. No teams look at the opposition and say "they have that terrific centre/full back" What they do say is "They have x striker who terrorises defences we need to make sure we mark him well" What teams come to Carrow Rd. thinking what are we going to do with Hooper/Grabban/Jerome/Lafferty/Mbokani?![/quote]

I think teams who have a solid defence and can keep clean sheets regularly are the ones that stay up.  If we have Mbokani or Jerome starting for us, teams coming to Carrow road know they''re going to cause them some problems (unlike having RVW/Elmander/Hooper in that position).  Unless we get really lucky and unearth another Sutton, we''re not going to be able to sign a striker that will terrify Prem teams coming to CR.  If you keep a clean sheet, you only need the one goal to get 3 points.

[Y] This ^. And it''s not just opinion. It''s backed by solid evidence drawn not just from the EPL but other top European leagues.