Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Time flies

Thanks for that TC.

Just to pick up on accentuating the positives. I thought the 2nd goal at Wembley was 17 passes?

I loved the stat about only the 1 0-0 game in 2015.

Liked the pub story (although doubt that would happen now!)

David McNally must take a lot of credit (even though anyone would have had slight doubts, I am sure), it shows that only some people have balls big enough. That''s why they get paid what they do.

What a fantastic read. Thanks for the link.When Neil was first announced as managed - once I used wikipedia to actually learn who he was - I was actually shocked. I didn''t judge too quickly, but in conversations with family and friends simply described it at the ballsiest decision McNally had ever made.It still is. Say what you want about McNally, he has a massive set of coconuts. And I for one am glad he does.

It would be an interesting debate as to who out of Mike Walker, Paul Lambert and Alex Neil had the biggest immediate impact (and I am talking about just the short term before and after, not the long term legacy here).

Long may AN continue to improve and learn, as well as keeping faith with his philosophy. Its been a helluva year.

Fantastic piece, well written.

A good reminder of what we have, and the stupidity of some (a minority I know) that called for his head at numerous times throughout the season so far.

Out of his depth? Too inexperienced? Rubbish..

An amazingly quick learner, willing to adapt and a bond with his players that should be cherished and kept hold of at all costs.

"Central defender Sébastien Bassong, who Neil recalled from a loan at Watford following a falling-out with Neil Adams, told The Sunday Times about their first meeting: “The way he was talking, even if it was a bit… threatening… that’s what made me think, ‘I can get along with this guy.’ Because there’s no bullshit.”

Before Neil let Bassong leave the room, he had one final piece of advice: “‘Before you go, Seb,’ ‘Yes boss?’ ‘If you fuck around I’ll break your balls''"

Hehehe, great stuff from AN. No doubt he would''ve broken Seb''s balls had he fu*ked around.