Sign in to follow this  
coachkemp

Conor Washington - worth a punt?

Bit of a bold suggestion here and I am wearing my tin hat at the ready but if we are to complete deals to see Lafferty and Hooper at the very least leave and we bring in one or 2 more strikers and need another up and coming option I would be inclined to suggest Washington?The boy is 23 years old, has been a good goal scorer at a lower level (yeah I get its not the prem...) but with 14 goals already this season he is raising some eyebrows with his ability to run in behind whilst finding space between the centre backs and full backs. He is also a quick lad with the ability to get on to the end of things. I am not suggesting he is the main man as far as I am concerned but with all the talk of Gayle, why not go for a cheaper and probably just as capable alternative?interesting to see as well we finally lost out on Randall Williams from Dulwich Hamlets to Palace (bit closer mind!)

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]At least he hasn''t got too far to travel !

We still have the Murphy''s, Carlton Morris and Loza to develop, not sure this lad is any further on ?.[/quote]Do agree with the fact that we have Loza and Morris as the other options for up top (havent counted murphy''s in this position) but I mmust admit having been a big fan of Morris in the U18 he has dropped off as he has fuond that his movement off the ball hasn''t been cute enough to get better of defenders enough whilst Loza completes the incredible feat of 5 goals in a game and yet has struggled to get a sniff of a game and a goal whilst out on loan at several clubs over the past 18 months. I would dearly like to see these boys come right through and make it but do we think they will? (Probably a completely seperate discussion!)My thought is very much that if we want to try and get an up and coming striker who is scoring goals in Pro football at a reasonable level then surely a better option that £10m or whatever other number has been mentioned on Dwight Gayle.

Heard worse arguments for players Coach Kemp, I haven''t seen anything of this lad, we have done well in the past with P''Boro signings.

Be interesting to see if any others have seen him. or know anything more about him.