Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

£1.75M "take it or leave it" offer for Francis

Two years ago I thought Damo was our best midfielder in my opinion, so unless Portsmouth up their bid to 2.5+ Mil then I think we should keep him.

We know he was inconsistent last season, but when we won the title I thought he was pretty damn good.

The question is if we keep Damo which two out of DF, JJ and Youssef get to start? Can Jarrett play on the wing at all or is he just a centre mid?

On the 28/5/05 DD would "Bite their hands off for £3M" for Francis now its £1.75M, I am glad you are not the manager DD losing us £1.25M is 5 weeks!  We are certainly not that desperate to get rid of him, and we all know that a motivated Francis will be a big asset in the CCC.

Francis although inconstant was in the top 5 goal scoring midfielders, up there with Lampard, Cahill, Keane, Gerrard etc, how much are they worth?  (£32M for Gerrard.)  He outscored, Shearer, Ronaldo, Kluivert, Giggs, Viduka, Cisse, how much are they worth.

Francis is IMHO worth around £3M and until we get an offer of at least £2.5M we should reject all offers.

Outscored Cisse??????

And which part of his compound fractured tibia and fibula was Cisse supposed to be scoring with!!!????

Charlton have opened talks with Darren Ambrose which looks to have scuppered our hopes of their interest pushing The Lazy One''s price tag up.

No way! Francis is a quality midfielder! he scored 7 good goals last season, for a city side down at the bottom! he was the top scoring midfielder out of the bottom four clubs! Ok yes, many of you stil have hes lackluster perfromance against fulham still fresh on the mind, but just remind urselfs of his performances against southampton, west brom at home, and many other top notch 100% performances that he gave over the course of the season!

Also, if we as a club keep him, it sends out a very clear and powerful message to premiership clubs, not mensioning ones name on the south coast, and to all the championship clubs that we are prepeared and mean business!

Josh