Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

No Olsson, clean sheets

So, another clean sheet, back to back, and another game with Olsson dropped. No coincidence. I have said on several ovcasions that Olsson (and Martin) is a liability, and quite poor at defending.

We are better without him in the side, and with Jarvis back, I expect Omsson to struggle for a place in the team.

Swedish punters also velieve Olsson should be behind Wendt for the LB spot in their national team, and I think they are right.

I hope we continue with Brady at LB, and Pinto (hopefully) at RB when the time comes.

Akward with Jarvis out of the side, as Wes or Howson on the left us not really ideal, but it still works much better than with Olsson as LB.

I do actually have to agree with the OP on this point, I''ve never rated Olsson as a defender, he''s good at getting forward and has a decent cross on him but he is horrendous at actually defending and was definitely the weak link in our defence, Newcastle away for example, 5 of the 6 goals came from our left hand side. Disagree about Martin though, he was fantastic today and was made a scapegoat earlier on in the season, at times he was left marking two players because Bassong had gone walkabouts. For me i''d have Brady at LB, Bennett, new CB and Martin at RB.

Disagree about Martin as well firstly because I love that man and secondly because he played well today despite having Redmond in front of him for a large part of the game and not tracking back to assist in defending.

I think Brady will stay at left back with Jarvis left wing when he comes back.

Overall the defence is much better, for 2 reasons, the change in personnel and a slightly more conservative, organised approach that leaves the defenders less exposed.

All good!!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Funny, I thought Olsson was brought in to ensure we kept a clean sheet...........[/quote]Sorry, that should read - Funny, I thought Olsson was brought on to ensure we kept a clean sheet......

[quote user="ellis206"]I do actually have to agree with the OP on this point, I''ve never rated Olsson as a defender, he''s good at getting forward and has a decent cross on him but he is horrendous at actually defending and was definitely the weak link in our defence, Newcastle away for example, 5 of the 6 goals came from our left hand side. Disagree about Martin though, he was fantastic today and was made a scapegoat earlier on in the season, at times he was left marking two players because Bassong had gone walkabouts. For me i''d have Brady at LB, Bennett, new CB and Martin at RB. [/quote]

Defend first,but he also had a huge part in the two goals we scored that day.

Poor example given the manager held his hands up tactically that day.

[quote user="grefstad"]So, another clean sheet, back to back, and another game with Olsson dropped. No coincidence. I have said on several ovcasions that Olsson (and Martin) is a liability, and quite poor at defending.

We are better without him in the side, and with Jarvis back, I expect Omsson to struggle for a place in the team.

Swedish punters also velieve Olsson should be behind Wendt for the LB spot in their national team, and I think they are right.

I hope we continue with Brady at LB, and Pinto (hopefully) at RB when the time comes.

Akward with Jarvis out of the side, as Wes or Howson on the left us not really ideal, but it still works much better than with Olsson as LB.[/quote]

You should go and support Villa then you would reall have something moan about lol

How do you know what did and didnt work well, you were at the Gooners game today.

Hold on, it''s just struck me, you must have had your 50 inch TV with you, you know the one that lets you see more of the pitch.

Bet they loved you at the Emirates.

Just ignore - he is obviously a troll - did not even know Norwich was a city - you would have thought the clue might have been in NCFC but clearly not a very bright troll.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="ellis206"]I do actually have to agree with the OP on this point, I''ve never rated Olsson as a defender, he''s good at getting forward and has a decent cross on him but he is horrendous at actually defending and was definitely the weak link in our defence, Newcastle away for example, 5 of the 6 goals came from our left hand side. Disagree about Martin though, he was fantastic today and was made a scapegoat earlier on in the season, at times he was left marking two players because Bassong had gone walkabouts. For me i''d have Brady at LB, Bennett, new CB and Martin at RB. [/quote]

Defend first,but he also had a huge part in the two goals we scored that day.

Poor example given the manager held his hands up tactically that day.[/quote]Yeah he set up 2 goals from crosses but that''s no good if you are then responsible for 5 going in the other end.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]How do you know what did and didnt work well, you were at the Gooners game today.

Hold on, it''s just struck me, you must have had your 50 inch TV with you, you know the one that lets you see more of the pitch.

Bet they loved you at the Emirates.[/quote]

wait, so by his standards - Since I watched the game today on my roommates 60" Telly, I got a better view of what really happened during the game today?

Wooo! I''m about to email my resume w/ tv size to the beeb. Maybe they''ll replace lawro and his 30" with me?

Mr Jenkins I bow to you, your first reply to this thread was so on the money I needn''t bother myself.

Dear old Grefstad, if you lived in the UK you could get help with your problem, yes you would be sectioned, but god the results would be fantastic as we would not have to endure your crap anymore.

So the 20-ish year old "students" claim Olsson is a good defender? Just shows the complete ignorance and lack of knowledge riding most of the knobheads in this forum. Olsson is the worst leftback in the league, by a mile.

Keep Ollson out of the starting setup, and we will have a better chance of keeping clean sheets.

The useless pr1cks claiming Olsson is up to the task should study a few of the games he has played. Never seen a senior player with worse positioning. He also has a knack of passing teammates into trouble, and he seems to be a very slow thinker (on the pitch). All-in-all, our worst defender by some margin. Even Martin look like a champ alongside Olsson.

And I have not yet mentioned all the lost back post headers, the offsides he manages to feck up with his silly roaming, etc.

Grefstad W*******r wrote;

And I have not yet mentioned all the lost back post headers, the offsides he manages to feck up with his silly roaming, etc.

You can see all that on your little screen ?

I''m not claiming he''s a good defender

I''m claiming you are a c0ck mate.

Get it right.

"You can see all that on your little screen"

I wonder if you look at the screen on a smartphone through a magnifying glass, is it the same as a 50 inch?

The Lesser specimen wrote;

Nope, knowledgable people just know, even when sitting in other stadiums, watching football. It is in the blood, or spine, if you like. I can smell shite defenders, as much as stupid Lesser specimen claiming to be knowledgable.

Let me know you want lessons, Lesser. You sure need it.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]"You can see all that on your little screen"

I wonder if you look at the screen on a smartphone through a magnifying glass, is it the same as a 50 inch?[/quote]

Everything is seen better from a shite seat next to a 80-something pensioneer in the N&P stand, I guess?

When Jarvis is back, he and Brady will be the strongest combination. But it''s a squad game and Olsson will still play a big part

Why don''t you just support a team in Norway?

You could actually moan everyday about the quality of Norwegian football. You could strap your white coat on and bounce of the walls until your hearts content

Seek mental help grefstad

[quote user="grefstad"]The Lesser specimen wrote;

Nope, knowledgable people just know, even when sitting in other stadiums, watching football. It is in the blood, or spine, if you like. I can smell shite defenders, as much as stupid Lesser specimen claiming to be knowledgable.

Let me know you want lessons, Lesser. You sure need it.[/quote]

What on earth does this mean? You could smell Olsson from The Emirates? Sure that wasn''t Wenger?

[quote user="JF"]When Jarvis is back, he and Brady will be the strongest combination. But it''s a squad game and Olsson will still play a big part[/quote]

Agreed, JF. But Olsson will find it hard to start games once Jarvis is back.