Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Ivo Pinto

Grefstad, any old plank can look up a random player on Wikipedia then pretend to be the font of all knowledge. This ''skill'' of yours really isn''t that impressive.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Normally I''d call patronising tw@t with a God complex.And I''m calling it.[/quote]

Says the guy feeling hit by the claim. My original comment was that most people I have been in a discussion with, in this forum, know little, if anything, about football outside of Norwich (if I stretch it, outside the PL). And they know it themselves. Instead of proving the opposite, it is easier to shoot the messenger, eh?[/quote]Unsubstantiated horsesh*t, as per usual. Can we see your quantitative research methodology, please? Maybe some form of graph that shows where posters come from on one axis, juxtaposed against whether they know little, nothing or less about football outside of Norwich, and another column for knowledge of football outside the Premier League? Who came bottom of the league table for knowledge of football outside Norwich? Do you think they might escape relegation to the footballing underclass if they run around a bit more between questions?Any psychologist will tell you that a person who feels the need to try to assert their superiority over others all the time is usually pretty insecure. I recommend spending a couple of weeks as a Dionysian wine-drinking communist sympathiser, it''ll sort you right out.Happy new year, by the way - although I''m sure it will be just as miserable as the previous one.

Feedthewolf....you don''t know me, and probably never will, but those who do know me would not brand me as "insecure".

I know what I can do or not do, I know my own (rather few, it has to be said ;)) shortcomings, but insecurity is not one..

As for being patronising and a bit of a besserwisser, yes, I can be. Comes with age and wisdom..but I usually got my opinions well covered with facts. And if I don''t, you just have to take my word for it, or prove the opposite.

Pinto is signed sealed and delivered! Training tomorrow with the boys!

[quote user="grefstad"]Feedthewolf....you don''t know me, and probably never will, but those who do know me would not brand me as "insecure".

I know what I can do or not do, I know my own (rather few, it has to be said ;)) shortcomings, but insecurity is not one..

As for being patronising and a bit of a besserwisser, yes, I can be. Comes with age and wisdom..but I usually got my opinions well covered with facts. And if I don''t, you just have to take my word for it, or prove the opposite.[/quote]Ancient Chinese proverb say, empty can make loudest rattle.

I doubt he''d be training with the match squad today as they''ll just be doing base training ahead of a game

1st January Ron...impossible to sign  seal and deliver anyone until the window opens, even Matty Jarvis has to wait  until tomorrow to sign officially.

Will this bring the end to Whittakers Norwich career. Pinto, Martin & Wisdom would all seemingly be ahead of him in the pecking order. And I believe he is also into his last season of a 4 year contract.

Ha ha. Agreed.

I was just looking to see who else''s contracts expire in the summer 2016.

-Michael Turner

-Elliott Bennett

-Gary O''Neill

-Jamar Loza

Safe to say they all look fairly likely to leave aside of perhaps Mr O''Neil who might get one more year if required

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="grefstad"]Feedthewolf....you don''t know me, and probably never will, but those who do know me would not brand me as "insecure".

As for being patronising and a bit of a besserwisser, yes, I can be. Comes with age and wisdom..but I usually got my opinions well covered with facts. And if I don''t, you just have to take my word for it, or prove the opposite.[/quote]Ancient Chinese proverb say, empty can make loudest rattle.[/quote]I really am starting to question if this is a massive wind up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="grefstad"]Feedthewolf....you don''t know me, and probably never will, but those who do know me would not brand me as "insecure".

As for being patronising and a bit of a besserwisser, yes, I can be. Comes with age and wisdom..but I usually got my opinions well covered with facts. And if I don''t, you just have to take my word for it, or prove the opposite.[/quote]Ancient Chinese proverb say, empty can make loudest rattle.[/quote]I really am starting to question if this is a massive wind up.[/quote]If it is, it''s a pretty convincing one and I tip my cap to whoever has created this monster. The attention to detail is clearly vastly superior to your average troll... [:)]

He was in Norwich and had a medical on Weds according to an EDP journalist. I imagine we won''t hear anything about any potential new deals until they are signed, sealed and delivered and the player is ready to be unveiled. Could, of course, happen at today''s game if we''ve been busy behind the scenes. Could give the crowd a good lift - but then that''s just wishful thinking isn''t it!

Sounds like an excellent bit of team strengthening there, presumably he''s been very thoroughly scouted and fits the bill of what AN is looking for. I''d imagine Whittaker will go, surely even his biggest fans on here can see that he''s not been good enough this season and isn''t up to PL standard.

Surprised he wasn''t announced to the crowd at H/T, guess we''ll have to wait till Monday!

Hope we get him, it''s becoming clear that right back, and right wing today are becoming our weak positions.

Not Martin bashing but the time has come to look for an upgrade.

If you picked a team of 110% Martin would be in everyone''s team, but his lack of quality is becoming more and more obvious every week.

Interestingly we have also been better since Brady dropped back to left back also.

The start of this transfer window differs quite a few days it seems...for instance no one can sign a player from Spain until at least Jan 4th. Ive no idea when the Croatian window opens, its all pretty bizarre. but in any case, IF this guy is signing for us , it may still be a few days yet till we know.

Here''s an Ivo Pinto ''Best Bits'' YouTube clip if you want to get a flavour of what he''s like. We all know that these things can paint a false picture, but at least we can see him in action here. To be honest, it looks like whoever made it just put every touch he had over several games. The first half of the video isn''t exactly impressive, but in the second half he looks good. Fast, attacking full back with a decent cross and happy to run into midfield too.Take a look:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG-omzjEq6E

Seen his suave, manly cut on his happy new year 2016 pic on his facebook page. Looks like the City ladies will take a shine to his good looks, hoping his lady doesnt mind that. But then whos to say what any lady sees in a footballer, im sure some Canary ladies took a shine to Bill Punton once upon a time >.>

Can be a whole host of last minute hitches to delay a signing im sure..just be patient...next few days all being well he should be a City player...heres hoping.