Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Ivo Pinto

[quote user="Essjayess"]Can be a whole host of last minute hitches to delay a signing im sure..just be patient...next few days all being well he should be a City player...heres hoping.
[/quote]

Well that has filled me full of confidence.

Tis only 4th January...we have already signed 2 guys, Pinto will be the 3rd..im sure behind the scenes Alex and co. are doing their best.

Essjayess wrote the following post at 04/01/2016 5:49 PM:

Tis only 4th January...we have already signed 2 guys, Pinto will be the 3rd..im sure behind the scenes Alex and co. are doing their best.

2? Jarvis and?

Diallang Jaiyesimi, 17 year old attacking midfielder. One for the future.

Beat other PL clubs for the lads signature too. I was going to post this on the academy thread but after the results picked up people seemed to lose interest....

Remember also its not just about incomings, theres outgoings also. Alex did say the amount of signings this month could be affected by the outgoings..some would have to leave before others could come in. Just reading snippets today, seems Bristol City want Elliott Bennett  for longer term...so talks going on there....then  theres the Lafferty situation with Leeds, maybe talks going on there...others  we dont yet know about.On top of all this theres the day to day regular routines of training sessions, thinking about the next match etc..to be honest the thought of Alex lazily sitting in a chair and saying "Oh yea Ivo my boy...err just sign there" makes me smile...the reality is the club probably has so much going on right now its a case of priorities. So easy for us fans to  sit here and post on a forum "when , when?"

[quote user="Darth Bor"]I''d go to Rymans if I wanted A4.[/quote]

And you could check out a few players while you were there...

[quote user="Essjayess"]Remember also its not just about incomings, theres outgoings also. Alex did say the amount of signings this month could be affected by the outgoings..some would have to leave before others could come in. Just reading snippets today, seems Bristol City want Elliott Bennett  for longer term...so talks going on there....then  theres the Lafferty situation with Leeds, maybe talks going on there...others  we dont yet know about.On top of all this theres the day to day regular routines of training sessions, thinking about the next match etc..to be honest the thought of Alex lazily sitting in a chair and saying "Oh yea Ivo my boy...err just sign there" makes me smile...the reality is the club probably has so much going on right now its a case of priorities. So easy for us fans to  sit here and post on a forum "when , when?"[/quote]

Let''s hope someone''s trying to sign Grabban too!

To be honest idoubt if Laffs or Grabban will be going anywhere until and if City identify then line up a striker they are interested in. Even if they get that far, theres then the tricky part...trying to actually coax then sign a striker  and around same time  having more talks with a player like Laffs to allow him to leave. All we seem to see in the media is "City interested in this player" or "City chasing that player", all of which mean absolutely zilch.The Ivo Pinto situation seemed way more clear cut as very early on the reports were that Ivo already heading to Norwich, etc etc. Its why i have been sceptical  wether City will even land a new CB this window, or a new striker for that matter. Can only hope on what Alex and the club had been saying for weeks and months prior to the window opening...that they learned from the summer windows failings and would do the groundwork  early to identify their targets then try to get some business done early. Obviously this seems to have worked with Pinto, but as yet, in complete fact, we have zero idea about any CB or dedicated striker coming to the Carra. Unless City have done a remarkable job in keeping their targets 100% hush hushed, then i have to say, as fans we see no sign at all of a new CB coming in. Media reports and gossip mean diddly squat.

Does the ''all-bar-announced'' purchase of Pinto mean that a part-exchange deal with Leeds involving Byram and Lafferty is a non-starter?

[quote user="Essjayess"]To be honest idoubt if Laffs or Grabban will be going anywhere until and if City identify then line up a striker they are interested in. Even if they get that far, theres then the tricky part...trying to actually coax then sign a striker  and around same time  having more talks with a player like Laffs to allow him to leave. All we seem to see in the media is "City interested in this player" or "City chasing that player", all of which mean absolutely zilch.The Ivo Pinto situation seemed way more clear cut as very early on the reports were that Ivo already heading to Norwich, etc etc. Its why i have been sceptical  wether City will even land a new CB this window, or a new striker for that matter. Can only hope on what Alex and the club had been saying for weeks and months prior to the window opening...that they learned from the summer windows failings and would do the groundwork  early to identify their targets then try to get some business done early. Obviously this seems to have worked with Pinto, but as yet, in complete fact, we have zero idea about any CB or dedicated striker coming to the Carra. Unless City have done a remarkable job in keeping their targets 100% hush hushed, then i have to say, as fans we see no sign at all of a new CB coming in. Media reports and gossip mean diddly squat.[/quote]Whilst I see what you''re saying here, can you imagine the doomsday scenario where we would actually be relying on Lafferty or Grabban to get us goals in this league. I don''t think either have even featured on the bench over the Christmas period?

[quote user="Essjayess"]To be honest idoubt if Laffs or Grabban will be going anywhere until and if City identify then line up a striker they are interested in. Even if they get that far, theres then the tricky part...trying to actually coax then sign a striker  and around same time  having more talks with a player like Laffs to allow him to leave. All we seem to see in the media is "City interested in this player" or "City chasing that player", all of which mean absolutely zilch.The Ivo Pinto situation seemed way more clear cut as very early on the reports were that Ivo already heading to Norwich, etc etc. Its why i have been sceptical  wether City will even land a new CB this window, or a new striker for that matter. Can only hope on what Alex and the club had been saying for weeks and months prior to the window opening...that they learned from the summer windows failings and would do the groundwork  early to identify their targets then try to get some business done early. Obviously this seems to have worked with Pinto, but as yet, in complete fact, we have zero idea about any CB or dedicated striker coming to the Carra. Unless City have done a remarkable job in keeping their targets 100% hush hushed, then i have to say, as fans we see no sign at all of a new CB coming in. Media reports and gossip mean diddly squat.[/quote]I don''t particularly see this supposed balancing act as a problem. It seems likely that Sheffield Wednesday would be happy to extend Hooper''s loan to the end of the season (and the same with Bristol City and Elliott Bennett) and I suspect there would be other ambitious Championship clubs that would take Grabban and/or Lafferty on loan. In other words reducing the numbers in the squad to allow transfers in should be achievable. What might be harder would be to sell any of the unwanted strikers to part-finance incoming deals. I am pretty sure we don''t need to sell to buy - ie we don''t need to sell anyone we want to keep to buy someone else - but equally I am sure we would like to get some money in from offloading those deemed surplus to requirements.

The crazy thing for me is Laffs has been at club a decent while now yet  we really have no idea at all how he would be given a few matches  run. But Grabban we do know more about and i guess most fans view it as  yea hes ok but just doesnt cut it as a striker. In anycase no doubt if we do get a striker in this month (if, if, if) then 1 of them will be on their way.

Report in vital football indicates that the Pinto signing will definitely happen and quotes the same source that predicted RvWs move and Leroy Fer going as well. It makes sense that he comes to us as we have a large Portuguese presence in Norfolk so would never get home sick!!!!