Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Ivo Pinto

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Not sure about this one, hear he''s only about half as good as Leroy Lita.[/quote]Where would you rate him alongside Kevin Gallen?[/quote]

Oh, you two...
Big Smile [:D]

More here about him, hope link works

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/rumour_mill_norwich_city_close_to_signing_dinamo_zagreb_right_back_ivo_pinto_1_4361468

I believe Jurgen Klopp said recently that Liverpool had something lie 20 players out on loan and that he needed them back to see how good they are for himself. I guess Wisdom could be included in that?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I believe Jurgen Klopp said recently that Liverpool had something lie 20 players out on loan and that he needed them back to see how good they are for himself. I guess Wisdom could be included in that?[/quote]Wisdom just tweeted to someone that he is working his way back from injury, he is happy at Norwich, and not to believe everything you read!

I can see this being quite clever.

Wisdom is only likely to stay until his loan expires in the summer. At which point we may need not one but two right backs. I don''t see Whittaker as a long term option in that position. There is also the potential, that with Rangers looking favourites to go up, that he will possibly want to return there if the chance arises.

This lad is an attacking full back as well. So you have the option of bringing in a player, with cover to allow him a few weeks to bed in and get used to his new surroundings before bringing him into the fold. Especially early on in January so by the end Whits could be out on loan or sold if Pinto gets up to speed quick enough. 25 is a great age and what works out to be just over £2.2million looks like a decent gamble at least.

There is also the possibility that he could play right midfield as well. Especially if he has a delivery.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I believe Jurgen Klopp said recently that Liverpool had something lie 20 players out on loan and that he needed them back to see how good they are for himself. I guess Wisdom could be included in that?[/quote]Wisdom just tweeted to someone that he is working his way back from injury, he is happy at Norwich, and not to believe everything you read![/quote]

Whats not to believe? Just pointing out what Klopp said about the loanees, I would think that if we after a right back someone has to lose out. Could just as easily be Whittaker who is out of favour currently. One thing I would say is I can''t see how a club our size would need 4 Right Backs.

[quote user="Indy"]I assume he''s a right back, at 25 should be at his best and looks like he''s in our budget and wants to come so two plus points.

Is he any better than we have ? Who knows never seen him play so can''t comment.

As said looks like a done deal, does that mean we will send Wisdom back early giving us potentially two more loans this January? Or the end of Whitts?[/quote]

We''ll be at our Witts End!!

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I believe Jurgen Klopp said recently that Liverpool had something lie 20 players out on loan and that he needed them back to see how good they are for himself. I guess Wisdom could be included in that?[/quote]Wisdom just tweeted to someone that he is working his way back from injury, he is happy at Norwich, and not to believe everything you read![/quote]

Whats not to believe? Just pointing out what Klopp said about the loanees, I would think that if we after a right back someone has to lose out. Could just as easily be Whittaker who is out of favour currently. One thing I would say is I can''t see how a club our size would need 4 Right Backs.[/quote]He said "Don''t believe everything you read" not me.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I''m surprised how little chat there is about this guy seeing as though the main site seems to suggest this is almost a done deal

It''s it because none of us have heard of him?[/quote]

Ever seen a Norwich fan with knowledge of players overseas or in other leagues? No? Not me either. Most know nothing about players outside PL and/or Championship.

For what''s it worth I saw a Dinamo Zagreb fan on Facebook saying he was very quick, a solid defender and that he deserves a move to a better league.

Tor Kristian Karlsen, former sports director in Monaco, and well known scout, has a lot of good things to say about Pinto:

@karlsentk: Ivo Pinto is a very decent signing for Norwich City. Athletic right-back, very attacking-minded. On the radar of several other PL clubs too

@karlsentk: Incidentally, Ivo Pinto was one of my "transfer targets" in this piece for The Guardian a year ago: http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2014/dec/30/transfer-window-20-premier-league-targets-for-january-2015

I don''t know much about the player, but the fact that he''s a Portugal hopeful and that his last two clubs were FCR Cluj - a well managed Romanian side with good scouting and sales record - and Dinamo Zagreb - a top Croatian side, and his PL/ EL experience sends very positive vibes.

Interesting stat: he''s never scored a goal at senior club or international level in a total of 251 appearances (according to Wikipedia).

To be fair, Ian Culverhouse scored 2 goals in 369 appearances for Norwich and I regard him as our greatest ever right back. I''m not saying Pinto will be our best ever full back but it does go to show goal scoring isn''t a prerequisite.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Splendid Rush"]I''m surprised how little chat there is about this guy seeing as though the main site seems to suggest this is almost a done deal

Ever seen a Norwich fan with knowledge of players overseas or in other leagues? No? Not me either. Most know nothing about players outside PL and/or Championship.[/quote]
Normally i''d call hypocrisy because generally speaking if you''re posting on this forum that line would apply to you. Sadly i''m not sure it does.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Splendid Rush"]I''m surprised how little chat there is about this guy seeing as though the main site seems to suggest this is almost a done deal

Ever seen a Norwich fan with knowledge of players overseas or in other leagues? No? Not me either. Most know nothing about players outside PL and/or Championship.[/quote]
Normally i''d call hypocrisy because generally speaking if you''re posting on this forum that line would apply to you. Sadly i''m not sure it does.
[/quote]Normally I''d call patronising tw@t with a God complex.And I''m calling it.

Re Having 4 right backs.

This does not seem excessive to me as, with Wisdom currently injured and at risk of being recalled, at the moment an injury to just one of our CBs would mean Martin at CB and Whitts at RB.... enough said.

quote user="Trevor Hockey''s Beard"

This does not seem excessive to me as, with Wisdom currently injured and at risk of being recalled, at the moment an injury to just one of our CBs would mean Martin at CB and Whitts at RB.... enough said.

Wisdom has said don''t believe the rumors, he is staying at Norwich and has been injured / is back training.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Splendid Rush"]I''m surprised how little chat there is about this guy seeing as though the main site seems to suggest this is almost a done deal

[/quote]Normally I''d call patronising tw@t with a God complex.And I''m calling it.[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]Re Having 4 right backs.

This does not seem excessive to me as, with Wisdom currently injured and at risk of being recalled, at the moment an injury to just one of our CBs would mean Martin at CB and Whitts at RB.... enough said.[/quote]

Wisdom can''t be recalled. I believe we have to cancel the loan for that to happen. We paid a sizable loan fee for him, in essence buying him for the season. Liverpool can''t take our money and then cut the loan short.

[quote user="9Зvintage"]Interesting stat: he''s never scored a goal at senior club or international level in a total of 251 appearances (according to Wikipedia).[/quote]

his assist stat''s don''t read much better with just two in the last two seasons, but honestly we don''t really need a full back that will be putting in direct crosses and scoring goals. if he can defend well and get up the field to help w build up play and get back to defend in a flash, then he will do fine in our team.

without ever seeing him play, it''s hard to tell whether or not he can do that, but if AN thinks he''s the right fit for us then bring him in, if reports are true he may be ready to play v City in the cup. should be interesting.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"][quote user="9Зvintage"]Interesting stat: he''s never scored a goal at senior club or international level in a total of 251 appearances (according to Wikipedia).[/quote]

his assist stat''s don''t read much better with just two in the last two seasons, but honestly we don''t really need a full back that will be putting in direct crosses and scoring goals. if he can defend well and get up the field to help w build up play and get back to defend in a flash, then he will do fine in our team.

without ever seeing him play, it''s hard to tell whether or not he can do that, but if AN thinks he''s the right fit for us then bring him in, if reports are true he may be ready to play v City in the cup. should be interesting.[/quote]Yes, looks like a decent signing. He''s nearly 26, cheap, good value, a Portugese who''s played in Croatia. Anyone who''s watched Portugese players and Croatian teams should realise that he''d fit in with a passing game played on the deck, and I''d not worry too much about lack of goals.

He''s scored 2 more goals than Tony Hibbert has in a similar number of games, what''s the problem? 😄

Strengthening an area of weakness early; got to be commendable.

Its clear that Wisdom does not offer enough of an attacking threat while being solid defensively; while whits & martin offer better attacking options but are limited premier standard defending.

Get him in early and used to the squad demands and introduce him as we have mbokani, slowly but surely and rotate martin / wisdom depending on whether we need to attack or defend that flank.

Fingers crossed he is announced quickly and we can move on to a CB & striker.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Normally I''d call patronising tw@t with a God complex.And I''m calling it.[/quote]

Says the guy feeling hit by the claim. My original comment was that most people I have been in a discussion with, in this forum, know little, if anything, about football outside of Norwich (if I stretch it, outside the PL). And they know it themselves. Instead of proving the opposite, it is easier to shoot the messenger, eh?

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Normally I''d call patronising tw@t with a God complex.And I''m calling it.[/quote]

Says the guy feeling hit by the claim. My original comment was that most people I have been in a discussion with, in this forum, know little, if anything, about football outside of Norwich (if I stretch it, outside the PL). And they know it themselves. Instead of proving the opposite, it is easier to shoot the messenger, eh?[/quote]
As opposed to you, who knows nothing about football inside Norwich. Or out of it, for that matter.

Sounds like a done deal now with the medical having been completed which leaves the question who is leaving as we have Russ. Wisdom, Pinto, Whitts for rb now?