Sign in to follow this  
Wilfred Grimsdale

John ruddy to Bournemouth 3 million

[quote user="ellis206"]Yeah it''s pretty obvious to a moron. Don''t dish it out if you then cry about it.....[/quote]There''s only one person ''dishing it out'' from where I''m standing..........

Poor Nutty, happy to make a sly dig at someone who may or may not post but then needs his teammates to come to his defence when subjected to a forthright assessment of himself.

I didn''t know that self-styled bingo calling bog cleaners are so sensitive.

Here goes! I have been told that he in the weeks leading to his removal from the team that he didn''t accept the criticism for his mistakes he had made and that angered the manager. Also hasn''t reacted well to losing his place since. Allegedly!!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Poor Nutty, happy to make a sly dig at someone who may or may not post but then needs his teammates to come to his defence when subjected to a forthright assessment of himself.

I didn''t know that self-styled bingo calling bog cleaners are so sensitive.[/quote]

A sly dig! LOL Just a bit of fun with the initials DR. Taking offence at such things would take sensitivity beyond anything a barber ever gave out for the weekend...

Crafty, I''ll have you know my bingo calling was styled on many of the great callers I saw on the holiday camp circuit. The main influence being the master himself Graham Henry. But while you''re here I think Ellis may need a doctor....

Ruddy is a good goalkeeper that had a bad patch of form. Some people have short memories.

His demeanour will be due to the fact he suspects his career at Norwich is over after being stupid on a night out; he was baited and reacted in the wrong way. A bit was caught on camera, doesn''t mean there wasn''t more to it.

The guy had a moment of madness but is a good goalkeeper and yes, he may have played his last game for us; doesn''t mean we should forget the contribution the guy has made to the club.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]needs his teammates to come to his defence.....[/quote]I can remember when you had a posse behind you Crafty before you became a Lone Ranger.Now, whatever did happen to Cluck Cassidy the Fixed Assets Kid? They were a wild bunch. Did Delia and her cohorts drive them out of town or did they just slink off in the night like skunks?Sighs!  I still miss ''em though. [:(]

This is awkward. If we see Rudd, who has done well, but has only 4 PL games under his belt, as our No1 keeper, then who could we possibly find as a number two? Top form keepers, like Mandanda, are not likely to come to be Rudd''s understudy. But who would? Somebody younger than him? Some veteran like Carroll? Another PL teams No2/3? Perhaps someone experienced from abroad or a lower league who see the move as a step up?

If we were to sell any players - it would be daft to sell them to those who we are likly to be fighting position with.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]This is awkward. If we see Rudd, who has done well, but has only 4 PL games under his belt, as our No1 keeper, then who could we possibly find as a number two? Top form keepers, like Mandanda, are not likely to come to be Rudd''s understudy. But who would? Somebody younger than him? Some veteran like Carroll? Another PL teams No2/3? Perhaps someone experienced from abroad or a lower league who see the move as a step up?[/quote]Exactly.We are saying in one breath that a top quality keeper like Ruddy won''t want to be a number two behind Rudd, then in the next breath expecting to recruit a top quality keeper to be number two behind Rudd?Sorry but that doesn''t make a lot of sense to me.

I don’t understand why clubs shouldn’t sell to other clubs in a similar position unless the player is requesting a transfer and/or has been offered a new contract and won’t sign. If this is the case then the ‘selling’ club obviously rate the player and want to keep him, if however the ‘selling’ club want to unload then obviously the player isn’t considered good enough for their squad, or has an attitude issue, so why not sell to a competitor, after all is not as if the buying club wouldn’t have a man between the sticks if we didn’t sell John Ruddy, or a striker if we didn’t sell Grabban and who is to say that player wouldn’t put in a better performance than our ex-player? Just because Grabban scores doesn’t mean they wouldn’t have scored anyway and he may of course miss a sitter or drop a cross if he was a keeper.

Ruddy hasn''t been the same since coming back from his long term injury. He is still a decent keeper & selling him in this window would be a mistake unless we are getting in a significant upgrade to be the No1 choice. However, doing this would undermine Rudd & lead to an unhappy back up keeper.

By all means review again in the summer but leave alone till then.