Sign in to follow this  
yoda

So what's happening then ?

Redmond to Palace with Gayle coming the other way,leaving Jerome free to go to Boro or is it just rubbish ? mmmm i wonder

Bloke on WOTB saying Pinto deffo signed. Also strong rumours about Byram coming, Ranocchia deffo not, & something about an £18m signing holding everything up.

Take your pick.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Bloke on WOTB saying Pinto deffo signed. Also strong rumours about Byram coming, Ranocchia deffo not, & something about an £18m signing holding everything up.

Take your pick.[/quote]

the only thing that I believe out of all of that is Ranocchia not signing.

Surely Gayle will only come in if 2 or 3 of Hooper/Lafferty/Grabban leave. Also he''s not a lone striker so I''d only think we''d get him of Naismith was sealed, i think him in behind Gayle could work.

Redmond might leave in the summer but I can''t see it happening now. If it did it would be suicidal to swap him for a 3rd choice forward and probably a few million.

Jerome won''t go unless he''s being replaced by a player much better than Gayle. I could see the board wanting to cash in though if a big offer came in.

its still early days but this window does seem already to be following an all too familiar pattern thus far.

rumours flying around of unrealistic foreign targets, some even more unrealistic domestic targets and numerous names being mentioned on a daily basis.

We would surely have to assume that if nobody has signed by Friday in time to play on Saturday its reasonably safe to say that we didnt have anyone lined up and ready to unveil as soon as the window opened ......definately so if nobody has walked through the door in time for Stoke next midweek..

so,will it be another month of random names being thrown around and a couple of panic signings in the last half hour of the window at the end of January, or will we actually act desicively......sadly I know which I''d be putting my money on.

Think the £18m signing rumour has come from the laughably named Twitter account @ncfcrummors. Spelt that way as ncfc rumours was already taken. Some of the stuff on twitter at the moment is awful. Someone earlier was tweeting the club and McNally with his scouting report and suggesting players to buy.

The club would make a fortune selling club branded nappies around the transfer windows as the pant wetting by some of our "fans" is unbelievable.

And don''t forget the 16 year old kids pretending to be journalists are all over the place "I''m hearing" or "we''ve been told". No-you are a teenager sat in your pants tweeting rumours you found on the Internet.

I''d not be surprised to see Redders off as he''s not signed a new contract. But if it''s a swap for Gayle then it would be with an additional 8 million with it!

I''ve not bothered to get too excited as the names being touted are the same as we missed out on in the summer.

Would be good to get different name in the frame, hate to say it but I would love Crouch for the rest of the season on loan.

Personally I would be devastated with this unless they kept Gayle and gave us £15m instead with a sell-on percentage. Whatever anyone says he''s still classed as one of the most highly rated English youngsters and plays in the Prem. That alone is £15-20m on any day of the week.

Redmonds form this Season has been terrible. He gives the ball away more times than anyone else. How many years is he going to be considered a "prospect"? Unless we start seeing some consistent performances he should be a bit part player. Watching Antonio''s performance for West Ham against Liverpool showed how far he is behind. Talk of 15M is ridiculous.

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]Think the £18m signing rumour has come from the laughably named Twitter account @ncfcrummors. Spelt that way as ncfc rumours was already taken. Some of the stuff on twitter at the moment is awful. Someone earlier was tweeting the club and McNally with his scouting report and suggesting players to buy.

The club would make a fortune selling club branded nappies around the transfer windows as the pant wetting by some of our "fans" is unbelievable.

And don''t forget the 16 year old kids pretending to be journalists are all over the place "I''m hearing" or "we''ve been told". No-you are a teenager sat in your pants tweeting rumours you found on the Internet.[/quote]

If that''s what teenagers are doing sat in their pants these days I think someone needs to tell them they''re using the internet wrong!

As exciting as it would be, I just can''t see us throwing 18 million at one player... Perhaps if we''ve made it to 4 seasons in a row, but that is a huge investment and a real risk...

The Zaza link seems to include us and about 5 other clubs, an indication to me normally, that the agent is trying to drum up some interest or is already negoatating with some of the bigger teams and is simple using other clubs as leverage for a better deal.

But my word if I was wrong...