Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Ruddy hell.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]" thread awash with people writing him off" it doesn''t read like that to me.[/quote]I see more people suggesting he''d be best leaving, and people speculating who might take his place, and the OP alleges that he has been told he can leave.Not seeing too much support for Ruddy here.

I don''t see that as writing him off, their not slagging him off and saying he''s cr@p, just saying that it might be good for him to move on. That''s true for a lot of players after a long time at one club.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I don''t see that as writing him off, their not slagging him off and saying he''s cr@p, just saying that it might be good for him to move on. That''s true for a lot of players after a long time at one club.[/quote]Well it seems a very sudden and easy acceptance, considering he was our first choice keeper a month ago.What is so wrong with the concept of not actually buying a keeper, and him fighting for his place? And before you mention about him not being happy to be number 2, that is pure speculation.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]" thread awash with people writing him off" it doesn''t read like that to me.[/quote]Me neither.  Having said that, I would tend to agree with the opinion that JR on a professional level would be better to stay and fight for his place, unless other things are affecting him and that a fresh start might benefit his personal circumstances and his career.  Also, he hasn''t had the best of support from some of our fans over the time he has been here, which isn''t likely to help him want to stay. His loyalty has been there throughout at times when he could have left - and whatever his form is like atm, he has served us brilliantly over the years. In five years with us, he has had two promotions to the premier league and two successful years in the premier league. One relegation, but that was not down to him alone.  Hope he stays and keeps the strong duo of the Rudd/Ruddy goalkeeping department intact.  Apart from anything else, we have two good goalkeepers and we need them to stay and compete with each other.

Nothing wrong with that concept. We are discussing hypertheticals here and obviously staying and fighting for his place would be a great option for everybody concerned.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Nothing wrong with that concept. We are discussing hypertheticals here and obviously staying and fighting for his place would be a great option for everybody concerned.[/quote]Yes it would, but it seems to be the minority opinion.

Yes but I think thread is starting from the point that he''s off, which is speculation by cuspd I suspect.

Anyway if he goes it will be with my thanks for what he''s done, I would be happier if he stayed and put Dec under a bit of pressure to perform.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Yes but I think thread is starting from the point that he''s off, which is speculation by cuspd I suspect.

Anyway if he goes it will be with my thanks for what he''s done, I would be happier if he stayed and put Dec under a bit of pressure to perform.[/quote]I think people forget that matchday is just 90 minutes in their entire week. Rudd and Ruddy have been training together a long time now, they work together every day in training. Rudd''s success is partly down to John Ruddy. And Rudd will need his support between now and the end of the season. I said in another thread that Rudd hasn''t really had a setback yet, been on the wrong end of a drubbing, or made a glaring howler, so we don''t know how he will react and bounce back.I wouldn''t assume that Rudd will have the jersey for the rest of the season. And I would be quite disappointed if John Ruddy just jacked it in and left, before, at least the end of the season. Yes, its obvious we''d like Declan to be the long term number one, but who knows what the rest of the season will bring.

In an ideal world Ruddy staying and fighting for his place is the thing to do but that fight will be fruitless unless Rudd gets injured,suspended or has a dramatic slump in form. Now come on guys is that likely to happen ? Ruddy probably has one big move in front of him  to another Premiership club maybe before the years start to catch up with him and forgetting everything else if i was him i would be angling for that. Rudd is our future and Ruddy POSSIBLY sees it that way as well.

If Rudd continues to do a good job then of course John Ruddy wouldn''t be happy to sit on the bench - it doesn''t take a mind reader or inside knowledge to know this. And if it continues then it''s in the best interests of both parties that Ruddy leaves.

I don''t see much criticism of JR on this thread but I would suggest he hasn''t been the same since the injury and in my opinion has cost us a few goals this year. This isn''t "writing off", this is merely offering an opinion on where he''s at.

I also don''t get the suggestion that Ruddy leaving would be him "giving up". He could do brilliantly in training but if Rudd is performing well then there would be no reason to swap keepers. Petr Cech, for example, is a world class goalkeeper that accepted he had to move on - there''s no shame in doing so.

I think at the end of the day it depends on which if any clubs are interested in him. If he can go be a number 1 goalkeeper elsewhere in the Premiership and we are happy to sell as cusdp states, I can''t see him wanting to hang around.

If he can only get a midtable championship side then I wouldn''t expect that to be a worthwhile move for us or him and I don''t see it helping his career either.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]If Rudd continues to do a good job then of course John Ruddy wouldn''t be happy to sit on the bench - it doesn''t take a mind reader or inside knowledge to know this. And if it continues then it''s in the best interests of both parties that Ruddy leaves.

I don''t see much criticism of JR on this thread but I would suggest he hasn''t been the same since the injury and in my opinion has cost us a few goals this year. This isn''t "writing off", this is merely offering an opinion on where he''s at.

I also don''t get the suggestion that Ruddy leaving would be him "giving up". He could do brilliantly in training but if Rudd is performing well then there would be no reason to swap keepers. Petr Cech, for example, is a world class goalkeeper that accepted he had to move on - there''s no shame in doing so.[/quote]I don''t disagree with a lot of that, but what does irk me is how quickly peoples minds have changed, and I suspect that non event in Tombland could well be influencing a few.People really can be fickle. Grant Holt could have stood on Gentleman''s walk on a Saturday afternoon eating live kittens, and no one would have batted an eyelid.It just feels a bit "Oh yeah Rudd seems pretty good, yeah we don''t need you now John, you may as well fuck off"

I think it''s always a bit different with goalkeepers. With an outfield player you always feel that there''s a chance he could force his way back in, in a Wes Hoolahan type redemption. However if a no.2 has a good goalkeeper in front of him then only an injury or suspension will likely see a change.

If anything, if it continues like this then for me I''d be happy for Ruddy to go because I think he''s done too much for us, and is too good, to be a forgotten man on the bench.

The Tombland thing was nothing, I can''t see how that can make much difference to how anyone that''s ever had a life would view Ruddy, unless your a priest or something who is perfect in every way😄 And even they are supposed to forgive!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]" some Gobby chav " says Jas. Oh dearie me. [/quote]

So the person goading Ruddy was not some gobby Chav then?

Did you misread and think I said that about JR?

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I think it''s always a bit different with goalkeepers. With an outfield player you always feel that there''s a chance he could force his way back in, in a Wes Hoolahan type redemption. However if a no.2 has a good goalkeeper in front of him then only an injury or suspension will likely see a change.

If anything, if it continues like this then for me I''d be happy for Ruddy to go because I think he''s done too much for us, and is too good, to be a forgotten man on the bench.[/quote]Well for the overall good of Norwich City, which is what matters here, I would rather he stay.And, like I say, people are making wild assumptions that Declan Rudd won''t put a foot wrong for the rest of the season.

[quote user="morty"]Grant Holt could have stood on Gentleman''s walk on a Saturday afternoon eating live kittens, and no one would have batted an eyelid.[/quote]That did actually happen once, but McNally ''made the whole thing go away''.In seriousness, I am in full agreement and I have a lot of sympathy for Ruddy. He''s shown commendable loyalty to this football club, and at the first sign of trouble it seems as if the fans have deserted him. I agree he should have been dropped, but he''s being talked about as if he''s done something awful. Say what you like about the guy, he never hides, and I respect him for that.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]The Tombland thing was nothing, I can''t see how that can make much difference to how anyone that''s ever had a life would view Ruddy, unless your a priest or something who is perfect in every way😄 And even they are supposed to forgive![/quote]I suggest you read the thread again, a fair few people were proper Daily Mail outraged.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]If Rudd continues to do a good job then of course John Ruddy wouldn''t be happy to sit on the bench - it doesn''t take a mind reader or inside knowledge to know this. And if it continues then it''s in the best interests of both parties that Ruddy leaves.

I also don''t get the suggestion that Ruddy leaving would be him "giving up". He could do brilliantly in training but if Rudd is performing well then there would be no reason to swap keepers. Petr Cech, for example, is a world class goalkeeper that accepted he had to move on - there''s no shame in doing so.[/quote]I don''t disagree with a lot of that, but what does irk me is how quickly peoples minds have changed, and I suspect that non event in Tombland could well be influencing a few.People really can be fickle. Grant Holt could have stood on Gentleman''s walk on a Saturday afternoon eating live kittens, and no one would have batted an eyelid.It just feels a bit "Oh yeah Rudd seems pretty good, yeah we don''t need you now John, you may as well fuck off"[/quote]

I don''t particularly want him to leave and would welcome him re-finding his form of three seasons ago and forcing his way back into the side. I''m also certainly not being influenced by the Tombland incident - as I said above that should certainly not be a reason for him moving on.

However well before that Tombland incident many fans had been suggesting Rudd should get a chance and that Ruddy was costing us a few goals and also not dominating his area as he should be. He had been like that for 18 months or so. Whether that is linked to off pitch "issues" or simply a loss of form post injury I do not know but sometimes players in that situation need a move to make a fresh start, just as Jarvis has said was the case with his move to us. Whilst, therefore, my preference is to keep him if we can get decent money and it''s decided that a move is best for all parties then so be it.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]You must be reading a different thread to me. On his thread it only looks like Jim whose having a go about Tombland[/quote]

I think you need to read my post again. I was not "having a go", quite the opposite.

jim

"If Ruddy leaves as a result of the club "inquiry" it will be very concerning if what I have been told occurred that evening was indeed what occurred. "

Jim this bit confused me

Apologies if I missed your point.😄

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]You must be reading a different thread to me. On his thread it only looks like Jim whose having a go about Tombland[/quote]Oh dear, things are not going too well for Jr. No excuse.

Damn what a stupid man, suspect we have seen the last of him in a

Norwich shirt!! Always seemed like he had his head on shoulders but

recent comments and this act show him as just another egomaniac

What a muppetNot a great example to set for our young fans he should be subject to full club discipline

There is also a criminal law element to the case he could and should also face investigation for common assault.

Oh dear oh dear, that''ll hand Dec the No1 shirt for a while then.

Just get rid.

The perfect excuse to sack him and get this useless butter-fingered buffoon off the payroll before January

Those do for you? I can''t be bothered to look past page three.

Ah right, when Morty referred to "this thread" I assumed he meant this thread, but he meant that thread, so that''s sorted then.😉

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Ah right, when Morty referred to "this thread" I assumed he meant this thread, but he meant that thread, so that''s sorted then.😉[/quote]Ah sorry if I misled[Y]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]Grant Holt could have stood on Gentleman''s walk on a Saturday afternoon eating live kittens, and no one would have batted an eyelid.[/quote]That did actually happen once, but McNally ''made the whole thing go away''.In seriousness, I am in full agreement and I have a lot of sympathy for Ruddy. He''s shown commendable loyalty to this football club, and at the first sign of trouble it seems as if the fans have deserted him. I agree he should have been dropped, but he''s being talked about as if he''s done something awful. Say what you like about the guy, he never hides, and I respect him for that.[/quote][Y]