Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Ruddy hell.

I doubt you''d get any more than about £2 million now and even that might be pushing it. It would still represent a near 10 fold profit on what we paid for him back in 2010 though - which sums up what a good purchase he''s been for the club in that time.

However, I am not convinced he''s finished at Norwich yet and I wouldn''t be surprised if he was back in goal by the end of the season. Much stranger things have happened in football.

If the club want Ruddy out the door sharpish then we could look at getting an experienced keeper on loan, and then re-assess in the summer. Of course this is probably easier said than done, especially with all the other transfer work that needs doing.This is one of the problems with not taking a profit when a player''s stock is high, there''s always a risk that for whatever reason we''ll end up selling for a lot less subsequently. In Ruddy''s case we had a reason to sell.After it became clear that he wasn''t the same post-injury we should have looked to have got rid, possibly utilising Bunn until we got the situation sorted.

If Ruddy leaves as a result of the club "inquiry" it will be very concerning if what I have been told occurred that evening was indeed what occurred.

If however it''s purely a footballing decision because Rudd is now the No 1, we get a decent offer and we are able to bring in an adequate reserve keeper then he goes with my best wishes and it may be right for all concerned. His head/form has not been quite right for some time now.

Forgive me for being slightly cynical, but if the incident was so grave why haven''t the police received a complaint?

[quote user="Jacko"]Forgive me for being slightly cynical, but if the incident was so grave why haven''t the police received a complaint?[/quote]Also being slightly cynical, but it seems that some here can''t wait to push him out the door...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If Ruddy leaves as a result of the club "inquiry" it will be very concerning if what I have been told occurred that evening was indeed what occurred. [/quote]
As with all "in the know" posters, I find your lack of facts disturbing.

"If the club want Ruddy out the door sharpish then we could look at getting an experienced keeper on loan, and then re-assess in the summer".

Victor Values ? (Ok wishful thinking).

Anders Lindegaard at WBA can''t get a game and soon to be 3rd choice when Ben Foster is back.

David Marshall, linked to WBA in the summer and now Everton £5m. A better keeper now than when he was with us before.

Dan Bentley at Southend is supposedly attracting alot of attention. Hull and QPR.

Wow, so Ruddy has gone from hero to zero, little over 7 months since Wembley?For what, losing a bit of form and clipping some lad who probably deserved it?Jeez, some of you....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jacko"]Forgive me for being slightly cynical, but if the incident was so grave why haven''t the police received a complaint?[/quote]Also being slightly cynical, but it seems that some here can''t wait to push him out the door...[/quote]Morty, part of me wonders if this is all wishful thinking by some. I sincerely doubt if he is on his way, and to judge the guy on a something and nothing incident and a slump in form is harsh if not daft.I fully expect to see Ruddy play for us again, and probs before the end of the season.

Amazed some of you wont give ruddy the chance to regain his form. Probably one of the greatest keepers in the history of the club and you''d cast him out like a Ipswich fan kicks his cousin out of bed on a Saturday morning.

The self righteousness regarding handbags outside a nightclub. Seriously, get over yourselves. Must have a backbone made out of Jeremy corbyns y-fronts.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]"If the club want Ruddy out the door sharpish then we could look at getting an experienced keeper on loan, and then re-assess in the summer".

Victor Values ? (Ok wishful thinking).[/quote]
I''d prefer Victorian Values myself.  A clean wholesome club with the corner flags covered up.

what we have to remember is it might well be ruddy wanting to leave

he has just lost his place

rumours unhappy on bench

we can not play him just because he feels hard done by !!

if he wants to stay on the bench wait for his chance again keep him

if he can not handle being dropped for bad form then best he leaves

[quote user="norfolkngood"]what we have to remember is it might well be ruddy wanting to leave

he has just lost his place

rumours unhappy on bench

we can not play him just because he feels hard done by !!

if he wants to stay on the bench wait for his chance again keep him

if he can not handle being dropped for bad form then best he leaves[/quote]And what you have to remember is that you have no idea if he wants to leave or not, or if rumours are true, but what would be so wrong about him unhappy to be on the bench, I should hope he is, and is doing everything to fight for his place.

it may or may not be true...A former international goalkeeper who has top flight experience and was once wanted by Chelski would certainly get the attention of the media... Possibly even before CUSDP found out of Ruddy''s agent was a little bit clever...It wouldn''t suprise me if he does go. Somethings not right with Ruddy, and since the injury he just simply hasn''t been the same goalkeeper... watching him now and he crumples instead of dives to make saves.I also think his heart isn''t in it. I''m fairly certain it''s got nothing to do with the incident in the city before Christmas, that was some Gobby chav trying to make a name for himself... Ruddy didn''t hit him as a certain tabloid would have us believe, however if he is heading for a new club this has had no bearing on the managers decision.We may well indeed have a goalkeepr lined up.. I think we''ve been busy the last few weeks doing business and the Dotting the I''s and Crossing the T''s will take place in the next 2 weeks to finalise the transfers.Something tells me bids have been accepted already for players, both in and out of the club.

Jas the barclay king wrote;

"Something tells me bids have been accepted already for players, both in and out of the club."

Totally agree, think there will be some swift business done ins and outs, which if happens is great news.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Enjoying all the "in the know" posters who can''t put into words what they "know".
[/quote]Little point in saying who why and where exactly as it has been posted previously but was dismissed out of sight by those who will not accept the written word. Funny thing it is still here to be read despite cries and libel and defamation.

Darth Bor wrote the following post at 01/01/2016 5:39 PM:

Enjoying all the "in the know" posters who can''t put into words what they "know".

Read the original Ruddy thread, it''s all in there

Yeah we all have a good idea what happened, but seriously, does it really matter?I am genuinely stunned that people are quite happily casting Ruddy aside just 7 months after the play off final.Would the best thing not be to at least keep him as no2? Or is he not even good enough for that now?

I can''t imagine at this stage of his career he''d be happy to stay as a no2

[quote user="JF"]I can''t imagine at this stage of his career he''d be happy to stay as a no2[/quote]Have you spoken to him about it at all?

Obviously not as clearly I would have said I''ve spoken to him and he isn''t happy to stay as a no2. My wording clearly states it as my opinion.

He''s been dropped as someone is doing good job better than him. I would imagine he''ll get his head down and work hard to get the no1 back not just up and leave...

you only have to look at how some fans treated grant holt at all stages of his career at Norwich to realise there are some serious, kamikaze, strange, strange sub-culture of fans that will cheer a legend that scores a hattrick against Ipswich and then push him down the stairs.

And they''ve always got "friends at the club" and a degree in psychology, obviously.

[quote user="JF"]Obviously not as clearly I would have said I''ve spoken to him and he isn''t happy to stay as a no2. My wording clearly states it as my opinion.[/quote]My point wasn''t just about your post, this thread is awash with people writing Ruddy off, and have him as good as transferred, mostly based on their opinion, and what John Ruddy might be thinking.Its strange.

If i was in Ruddy''s boots ( see what i did there ) having been on the fringes of the England set up and on the back of being an experienced Premiership keeper together with the success of a Play Off Final under his belt i would be a bit put out at losing my place to a younger keeper who appears to have a big future ahead of him. What i would do if i was him is move on and get my career back on track as a No.1 somewhere rather than hang around in the dug out hoping for Declan Rudd to get injured or sent off.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If i was in Ruddy''s boots ( see what i did there ) having been on the fringes of the England set up and on the back of being an experienced Premiership keeper together with the success of a Play Off Final under his belt i would be a bit put out at losing my place to a younger keeper who appears to have a big future ahead of him. What i would do if i was him is move on and get my career back on track as a No.1 somewhere rather than hang around in the dug out hoping for Declan Rudd to get injured or sent off.[/quote]Doesn''t say much about the man though, does it?"So Mr Ruddy, why do you want to sign for our club?""Well I just lost my place, so stuck my lip out and jacked it in""Ah right, we''ll be in touch[Y]"