Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Ruddy hell.

boro it is then

and by implication the outcome of the clubs inquiry; mcnally was only ever going to be the winner in that one...

Not surprised. Been told that he didn''t take being out of the team particularly well.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"]Oh Danny, you are a tease[:)][/quote]

Who''s Danny 🙄[/quote]Well whatever your name is, stop being so vague.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"]Oh Danny, you are a tease[:)][/quote]

Who''s Danny 🙄[/quote]Well whatever your name is, stop being so vague.[/quote]Danni.....

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"]Oh Danny, you are a tease[:)][/quote]

Who''s Danny 🙄[/quote]Well whatever your name is, stop being so vague.[/quote]

Love you mark[/quote]You had a sniff of the barmaid''s apron mate?[:P]

I did suppose this might happen on a recent JR thread.

Still rumours are not official press conferences just yet.

If Ruddy does leave, interesting quandary as to who replaces him. If they bring in someone of Mandanda''s ilk (as has been rumoured), there''s no way he''ll come in to sit on the bench. This runs the risk of ostracising Declan, who has waited years for his big chance and has taken it with both hands. Can''t imagine they''d leave just Rudd, Kean and the youth keeper (Killip?) on the books. Even bringing Matthews back from his loan at Burton (assuming he even has a recall clause) would still leave us dangerously lightweight in the goalkeeping department.I have no reason to doubt CUSDP''s post, but ''free to leave'' is a pretty vague term. Presumably that means we want him off the books, but is any Championship club really going to splash out £3m+ on a goalkeeper in the January window (presuming that''d be his minimum worth even with recent events)? And would we sell him to a rival Prem club if one were interested? If we go down the loan route, we''re still stuck with him in the summer, eating up wages. Be fascinated to see how this one unfolds...

Matthews loan at Burton runs out this month (Jan), so maybe just the three youngsters? A big risk so doubtful.

Problem is, even if they did want to replace him, you can''t just say "John... We don''t think you''re good enough but we can''t find a replacement yet, can you wait around on the bench until we sign someone?"

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]by implication the outcome of the clubs inquiry[/quote]As certain members of the Board should recall, it''s all too easy for even the most gentle people to have too much to drink and then do something very silly. At least JR didn''t do it in front of 25,000 people with a microphone in his hand.

It should also be remembered that JR has been a good keeper and stayed loyal when he didn''t have to . If this thread has a reality and JR is possibly on his way , there has to be a slight sense of sadness as he has been a large part of out last few years .

Respect to him .

Well said Barclay, sometimes a player''s time at a club just comes to its natural conclusion, for a whole host of reasons, it may well be that it''s best for everyone if he moves on to another challenge and takes with him our thanks for what he''s done for us.

I would hate him to leave under a cloud, if indeed he does go.

There is no way Ruddy will be allowed to leave unless we bring in a keeper with significant top flight experience.

If Rudd were to get injured we''d be short of cover. Jake Kean has been poor in the under 21 games I have seen and the idea of him stepping into a Premier League game is a scary thought. Our next most experienced keeper would be Remi Matthews - a player deemed surplus to requirements by Burton Albion.

Whilst Rudd is doing well, there are still many unknowns about him. Will he be able to sustain this form? How will he react to making a bad mistake? I like Rudd but these are issues which can befall any goalkeeper new to the Premier League.

As things stand Ruddy is an important squad member who we need working hard to ensure Rudd is pushed and to be there as insurance if Rudd goes through a dodgy spell.

I''m not referring to this thread specifically but I think it''s sad people are giving Ruddy a hard time. Its true he has not played well for a while and whatever happened in Tombland was clearly avoidable on his part. However, he''s been a good servant to the club and could have departed for more money at various points yet decided to stay. As supporters we often bemoan they''re being no loyalty in the game, but we would also do well to remember that loyalty is a two way street when a player does actually show some.

If we sign a new goalkeeper then the whole position may change - for both Rudd and Ruddy. As I doubt an experienced top flight keeper will becoming to sit on the bench as cover.

I ll be sad if Ruddy leaves, he''s been a good servant to the club for the last 5 years and we should all be able to move on from his one error of judgement.

But if we do let him go what do people think we can expect to get for him now, I know he was banded around for £6m last summer but we won''t get half of that now will we?

Happy New Year CUSDP