Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Laffety to LEEDS

6 month loan deal to end of season with option to sign on two year contract if he impresses. No figures been mentioned yet.

Not at all surprised if this happens.

Hope it works out for him there.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Good luck to him ... I''m sure this board will be alerted every time he scores![/quote]

I wouldn''t worry about that, based on his past goal scoring records, he won''t score a lot

Good luck Laff, thanks for the memories, but for me, if AN doesn''t fancy him in the team, it''s time for him to move on. Had good energy in the Championship for us, that sometimes spilled into the reckless (yellow card magnet) but the constant swooning and hype from some fans is beyond the pale.

To echo Buh, goodbye Cody Becchio

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Supposedly he was at Elland Road yesterday watching there game vs MK Dons.[/quote]

Unlikely as i saw him come out of the bookies on queens Road after the game yesterday

[quote user="NCFC198"][quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]Supposedly he was at Elland Road yesterday watching there game vs MK Dons.[/quote]

Unlikely as i saw him come out of the bookies on queens Road after the game yesterday[/quote]also unlikely as professional players now have it written into their contracts they are not allowed to bet due to implications or "fixing" in sport.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28599142

Had his photo taken with the mascots on the pitch before the game, all suited and booted....

[quote user="willo"]Had his photo taken with the mascots on the pitch before the game, all suited and booted....[/quote]Do you have this photo?

Well i definitely saw him there on queens Road. Think the betting ban only applies to foot. But doubt some of them abide.

Hes know as bit of gambler

Laffs tweeted that hes hoping to be in the mix for Citys cup tie with Man. City...obviously trying to play down the story for now, until and if it really becomes fact that hes going there.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Laffs tweeted that hes hoping to be in the mix for Citys cup tie with Man. City...obviously trying to play down the story for now, until and if it really becomes fact that hes going there.[/quote]And now Archant have a headline about it.Seriously guys, are you journos, or do you just recycle what you read on twitter?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Essjayess"]Laffs tweeted that hes hoping to be in the mix for Citys cup tie with Man. City...obviously trying to play down the story for now, until and if it really becomes fact that hes going there.[/quote]And now Archant have a headline about it.Seriously guys, are you journos, or do you just recycle what you read on twitter?[/quote]

Or it could be that The Pinkun has relatively few journalists working for it and they don''t have reporters all over the country or time/availability to look into every little bit of hearsay/gossip that occurs on twitter.  It''s the Pinkun, not Sky TV.

Morty in all honesty they sit behind desks at Archant and get their stories from Facebook,Twitter etc as reporters '' on the ground'' are totally non existent. Blimey they even ask people to send in any photos to back up news and sports stories as the days of photographers being dispatched in a car from Rouen Road are long gone.

LAFFERTY ON LEEDS LINK

Kyle Lafferty says he is flattered by interest from Leeds, but is focused on his next match with Norwich.

The striker, who has made just two substitute appearances for Norwich this season, posted on Twitter: "Just

to clarify a few things. I wasn''t at the Leeds game yday. I am

overwhelmed at the interest from Leeds Utd as I understand how passionate the club and their fans are.

"Atm I am still a Norwich City player and I will continue to work hard and try and force my way into the team. I will train and concentrate on our fa cup match against Man City on Saturday."

KYLE LAFFERTY UPDATE

Earlier today we carried quotes from Kyle Lafferty as the Norwich striker admitted he was flattered to be linked with Leeds United.

But Sky sources are telling us that a deal to take Lafferty to

Leeds is "a long way off." 

That''s because Leeds want a loan move with

the option of a permanent switch in the summer, while Norwich want a permanent

deal this month.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Morty in all honesty they sit behind desks at Archant and get their stories from Facebook,Twitter etc as reporters '' on the ground'' are totally non existent. Blimey they even ask people to send in any photos to back up news and sports stories as the days of photographers being dispatched in a car from Rouen Road are long gone.[/quote]Considering how much people go on about how closely linked Norwich City and Archant are linked, I struggle to recall the last time they actually got anything exclusive.

FACT.After the game I popped into the Bookies on Queens Road at approx 5pm Laffety was sitting down playing on of the gaming machines.ie Poker, Blackjack etcafter approx 10-15mins he went to the cashire with loads of tickets from the machine and cashed them in with the lady behind the desk for cash, he has a lovely wad of notes a few grand and put them into his pocket and walked out.Now to have loads of tickets means he must have been playing quite a while, all during the Southampton game.Now 2 confirmed sightings.Obviosuly not wanted to watch norwich play even when not playing.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Evans, the Leeds manager, has confirmed the clubs are talking to each other re a deal for Lafferty.[/quote]And also the possibility of us getting Sam Byram, maybe as a swap.

Well, apparently Norwich have told leeds that Lafferty is welcome to leave on a permanent basis only. I would assume this is subject to us bringing in somebody new though.

Looks like it''s the end of the Laffs love in!

I note the Leeds boss Mr. Evans is describing Norwich as being "slightly difficult"  over the Lafferty saga. He should not forget Laffs is contracted to Norwich and Citys perogative to deal with the player in any  dealings. I think in fact Mr. Evans has said a great deal about Kyle, while Alex Neil has remained quiet over the saga. Mr. Evans has chipped in the word "respectfully" a couple times, seemingly trying to make his utterances about our player "ok". Its about time this was done behind closed doors, i think Mr. Evans has said more than enough. Kyles tweets probably never helped the situation, but even so, if there is business to be done, then do it, quietly.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsrjky2bwu.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsrjky2bwu.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Oh fun, wonder wonder...who shall it be. Laffs to Leeds? Andreu to Alloa? Russ to Blackburn? Grabbs to Brighton?.Hooper to Wedesday again?Cam to Boro?..think my brain is running out of guesses...just as likely another player...ok  gussing is futile lol.