Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Is Redmond leaving?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]You should have stuck with " I have no idea "[/quote]

Nah, I''ll leave that up to you.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="jaemae2"]Seeing as I have no idea who is avayilable, but people that would be attainable? Nathan Dyer, Matt Ritchie, Elmohamady, etc.. etc.. etc.. etc. etc... etc...[/quote]

Elmohamady.......really better than Redders, we missed out on Gray who was on par in my book, I''d rather Murphy back then that list![/quote]

Yeah, that one isn''t better than Redmond. Same though, definitely no worse.

This is CLINICAL GARY HOOPER IS SO CLINICAL... BAGS OF GOALS!!!!!!!! all over again, and it''s hilarious. (TBF Redmond is far far far far far better than Hooper.)

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Redmond for Lennon plus cash our way. not thrilled by this.[/quote]John Lennon?

[quote user="hogesar"]All I can say jamae is. ..

Hahaahahhaahahahaahahhahaa[/quote]

Hey look, for a guy that thinks/thought Michael Turner was a PL calibre CB, that you got it..

''Fraid not Mort, Two entirely separate Everton supporters have told me that this is happening( they dont know each other and live in different countries) , weirdest thing is that one of them never speculates ..ever. I sincerely hope they are wrong.

Aslong as the money was right, would be no major loss.

Yes he''s only 21 but he''s played over 150 professional games, is he really going to get much better?

Shame Gray has gone Leicester, could have been a ideal replacement. Would also like to see Murphy given some game time upon his return.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''Fraid not Mort, Two entirely separate Everton supporters have told me that this is happening( they dont know each other and live in different countries) , weirdest thing is that one of them never speculates ..ever. I sincerely hope they are wrong.[/quote]I would view this as a definite step backwards.

I believe Redders has a lot more to offer than he has currently shown, but that said if a good offer came in for him and say we could replace him with Andros Townsend, then I would say that it would be good business all round IMO.

This is in no way a slight on Nathan as a player! Sometimes things just go stale and a change of scenery is good for all concerned.

Snake

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Redmond for Lennon plus cash our way. not thrilled by this.[/quote]

Highland will be like a terrier with two tails if this one happens.....

Oh.... you mean Aaron Lennon[:$]

I''d like to Redders stay for a few more years but if he''s not wanting to sign a new contract I can fully understand the club cashing in on him now.

Not too sure on Lennon as a replacement.

Realistically the only players I would like to see leave are the obvious ones. Hooper, Lafferty and Grabban, with a decent striker coming in.I have no interest in us getting rid of anyone else.

That sounds worryingly feasible, well done on making that up if you have done. Especially when you throw in the Naismith delaying tactics.

If Redmond is rejecting a new contract we could do worse in the short term.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''Fraid not Mort, Two entirely separate Everton supporters have told me that this is happening( they dont know each other and live in different countries) , weirdest thing is that one of them never speculates ..ever. I sincerely hope they are wrong.[/quote]But that means nothing nowadays. It can easily be (and usually is) a rumour from one person getting seen in cyberspace (public or private) and repeated by others. In this case there will not have been anything coming out of Carrow Road, because a very tight lid is kept on potential deals, so if one of these informants of yours knows anything genuine it will have to have come from Goodison. As it happens there is nothing on what looks like the main Everton fans'' forum, and you might imagine that someone passing on news to you might also have told Everton supporters.If there is anything in this a more plausible scenario than Redmond for Lennon is Redmond for Naismith, or even possibly Redmond for Naismith and Lennon, but I would be surprised if Martinez saw Redmond as anything but a player for a year or two ahead, and he seems to need quality additions who will improve his starting eleven now.

Why is it that Redmond is considered tosh by some of our fans but the only sides interested in signing him are sides well above our level - maybe the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool think he''s good?.

Remember many on here saying Harry Kane was the worst player we had ever signed.

I don''t blame players wanting out and others not wanting to come when their only crime is giving their best for NCFC and then being given grief by their own fans. Players not good enough however Lafferty, Hooper and E Bennett to name but a few have praise heaped upon them - likewise no wonder they want to stay - easy life

I would love Redmond to stay ... he has some golden years (and major transfer value!) ahead.

However, if he can''t be talked into a new contract we need to cash in and spend.

City have been linked to so many players this window already and the summer window also that it seems logical that the media  will at some stage link some of our main stays to other clubs. In the last few days weve had Ruddy linked to Muff, Redmond to Palace and today Jerome to Boro. Really cannot see any of these players moving, unless its for big money and also replacements are already in hand. DM  remember said that maybe 2 or 3 new guys  could come in, any more would mean shifting others out, but likely fringe players, like Elliott Bennett today. Recall Alex saying just few days ago our squad was already small and threadbare and he wanted to add to the squad to help those here already. Selling any or all of Redders, Cam  or Ruddy would severely reduce us even more imo, and the way things work with City and new signings, always seems to take long time, to long for the very short window that is January.We are a no-need-to-sell club, if any leave itll be the fringe guys like Laffs and EBenno .

[quote user="Essjayess"]City have been linked to so many players this window already and the summer window also that it seems logical that the media  will at some stage link some of our main stays to other clubs. In the last few days weve had Ruddy linked to Muff, Redmond to Palace and today Jerome to Boro. Really cannot see any of these players moving, unless its for big money and also replacements are already in hand. DM  remember said that maybe 2 or 3 new guys  could come in, any more would mean shifting others out, but likely fringe players, like Elliott Bennett today. Recall Alex saying just few days ago our squad was already small and threadbare and he wanted to add to the squad to help those here already. Selling any or all of Redders, Cam  or Ruddy would severely reduce us even more imo, and the way things work with City and new signings, always seems to take long time, to long for the very short window that is January.We are a no-need-to-sell club, if any leave itll be the fringe guys like Laffs and EBenno .[/quote]Yeah I reckon he might go...

Morty dont  be clever, id already  acknowledged EB had left higher up, the bottom part was for generalising and summing up.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Morty dont  be clever, id already  acknowledged EB had left higher up, the bottom part was for generalising and summing up.[/quote][{][}]

[quote user="Essjayess"]City have been linked to so many players this window already and the summer window also that it seems logical that the media  will at some stage link some of our main stays to other clubs. In the last few days weve had Ruddy linked to Muff, Redmond to Palace and today Jerome to Boro. Really cannot see any of these players moving, unless its for big money and also replacements are already in hand. DM  remember said that maybe 2 or 3 new guys  could come in, any more would mean shifting others out, but likely fringe players, like Elliott Bennett today. Recall Alex saying just few days ago our squad was already small and threadbare and he wanted to add to the squad to help those here already. Selling any or all of Redders, Cam  or Ruddy would severely reduce us even more imo, and the way things work with City and new signings, always seems to take long time, to long for the very short window that is January.We are a no-need-to-sell club, if any leave itll be the fringe guys like Laffs and EBenno .[/quote]With Bennett gone our squad is already down to 23, and it will be a major surprise if all three out of Hooper, Lafferty and Grabban (all of whom are in that 23) are still here (and in the new squad) at the beginning of February.In addition I think it significant that those three players highlighted in red who have been linked with possible moves away are all players whose places in the starting eleven have recently become doubtful. Significant not because we now want to offload them - I very much doubt we do - but because to the uninformed outsider journalist who has no hard news it is easy to put two and two together and assume they are available.