Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Is Redmond leaving?

5 days ago @NathanRedmond22: Tick. Tock. ⏰

4 days ago @NathanRedmond22: They gonna'' appreciate you when it''s too late b. Word.

Hasn''t tweeted since and today deletes his NCFC header leaving it blank?

All starting to smell funny or is it just me?

Not so sure it''s about leaving. I''d hope not. Could be a number of things, but on a personal level for him it does come across that he''s frustrated. We know that he''s basically put his family on his back, so it may be something to do with that, but again, I hope not.

in the end it could be that Ryan bennet has taught him his awful transfer window windups.

Wouldn''t bother me if he did providing we get the right money. Massively overrated and some games it''s like we are playing with 10 men.

[quote user="coops"]Wouldn''t bother me if he did providing we get the right money. Massively overrated and some games it''s like we are playing with 10 men.[/quote]

although this may fit in with

"They gonna'' appreciate you when it''s too late b. Word. "

Certainly not impossible to see him leaving, but I doubt it, in this window.

His development may have stagnated a bit, or perhaps we have higher hopes for his development than what is realistic?

If he leaves, it will be a rather decent fee. 8-10 mill?

I did think this when I saw it, but wrote it off as being paranoid. Hey ho, what will be will be, but I would rather we put a contract in front of him and got it signed than sell him.

[quote user="grefstad"]Certainly not impossible to see him leaving, but I doubt it, in this window.

His development may have stagnated a bit, or perhaps we have higher hopes for his development than what is realistic?

If he leaves, it will be a rather decent fee. 8-10 mill?[/quote]

I would honestly say 10m is on the low side, all things considered.

10m is what I would think most would want for a summer sale, but adding in to the fact that it''s January, and he''s English (so you have to add on a few mill, it seems like that''s mandatory) I''d say 15m would be fair.

For the right price I''d sell - he''s certainly pretty well thought of elsewhere, even if his performances for us don''t really live up to the hype; having been here several years it is probably a matter of time before he moves on.

Wouldn''t be the end of the World.Flatters to decieve far too often & Jarvis is arguably just as good & has a much more rounded game.Then there''s the Murphy''s who could both be as good as Redmond.£2.5 million spent on Jarvis, £6m+ recouped from Redmond sale free''s up money for more important positions.Sounds like a good deal to me.It''s all very well tweeting "They gonna'' appreciate you when it''s too late" but if he thinks he''s that good then he should have shown us a lot more when he had the chance.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"][quote user="coops"]Wouldn''t bother me if he did providing we get the right money. Massively overrated and some games it''s like we are playing with 10 men.[/quote]

although this may fit in with

"They gonna'' appreciate you when it''s too late b. Word. "[/quote]

Could the ''b'' refer to (Elliot) Bennett now we know he is going to Blackburn?

Be a shame to lose our brightest talent. Presumably if he does go it will go to a club higher in the league than us which would make a good case against all those that seem to want him gone.

It''s strange that when fans of other clubs talk about Norwich they always say " i like that Redmond " and yet half of our fans don''t.

I''d be fuming if we got rid of Redmond in a swap for Gayle.

Redmond is a quality player and still very young so will only get better. He has won us more points than he''s given credit for this season as well. Hopefully this is all just bullcrap paper talk.

He''s only frustrating to watch sometimes because he''s our most direct player and the only real player we have that can really put fear in the opposition with his pace and trickery. We''d be a lot worse off without him.

[quote user="yoda"]It''s strange that when fans of other clubs talk about Norwich they always say " i like that Redmond " and yet half of our fans don''t.[/quote]Exactly, the way he is scapegoated on here sometimes is embarrassing. I''d rather have him than not, is it really likely that if we sell him we''d buy someone better?

Ideal scenario is that he helps us stay up, being sold for more than decent money in the summer, and the Murphys will then have a season of league footie on loan under their belt, and may be ready to play for Norwich in August.

Longshot, perhaps, but not totally unthinkable.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="yoda"]It''s strange that when fans of other clubs talk about Norwich they always say " i like that Redmond " and yet half of our fans don''t.[/quote]Exactly, the way he is scapegoated on here sometimes is embarrassing. is it really likely that if we sell him we''d buy someone better?[/quote]

YES. Wouldn''t be that difficult to find either.

Surely the issue is he has only 18 months left and has shown no inclination to sign a new contract. So he''ll go this window or in the summer, even though I''m sure the club would like to keep him.

I am a bit torn as like him (if he can be a bit infuriating) but it is coming to the crunch time with 18months on his contract, where he might be at the top price we''d get. If the ££ was wisely spent I think it would not be so bad to sell.

I do think some fans of other sides are rather swayed by the u-21 performances/''tag'' - several friends who have seen him play against their side this season have been less impressed than they thought they''d be, he''s not the ''tricky winger'' they expected. It would certainly be interesting to see how he fared if he left.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"][quote user="yoda"]It''s strange that when fans of other clubs talk about Norwich they always say " i like that Redmond " and yet half of our fans don''t.[/quote]Exactly, the way he is scapegoated on here sometimes is embarrassing. is it really likely that if we sell him we''d buy someone better?[/quote]

YES. Wouldn''t be that difficult to find either.[/quote]Go on then, who?

I''d be surprised if he''s here come Feb 1st unless he''s signed a new deal.

But this swap with Gayle is laughable, I''d be surprised if West Ham or Everton might not be where he ends up, time will tell.

Seeing as I have no idea who is available, but people that would be attainable? Nathan Dyer, Matt Ritchie, Elmohamady, etc.. etc.. etc.. etc. etc... etc...

All wingers are frustrating and that is what makes them so enjoyable to watch - for that one time in ten when they do something brilliant. Ruel Fox was frustrating. Eadie. O''Neill. Huckerby. Snodgrass. Redmond is in good company.

[quote user="jaemae2"]Seeing as I have no idea who is available, but people that would be attainable? Nathan Dyer, Matt Ritchie, Elmohamady, etc.. etc.. etc.. etc. etc... etc...[/quote]

Rajiv Von La Parra... Craig Noone... Hell I''d take Antonio from West Ham...

[quote user="jaemae2"]Seeing as I have no idea who is avayilable, but people that would be attainable? Nathan Dyer, Matt Ritchie, Elmohamady, etc.. etc.. etc.. etc. etc... etc...[/quote]

Elmohamady.......really better than Redders, we missed out on Gray who was on par in my book, I''d rather Murphy back then that list!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]You should have stuck with " I have no idea "[/quote][:D]