Sign in to follow this  
bruce bogtrotter

will we go up?

do you think will we go up. i really cant see it. we have the players, drury green safri jonson mckenzie, but i just cant see it happening. we will play football wehereas other team will just play the target game.HOOF, which we will no tbne able to cope with. i also dont beleive we have the right manager for the job.eny other suggestions.

I have to admit I find your views a touch strange. Sure we will no doubt try and play football the way its supposed to be played. But thats what we were doing when we won the league last time, with this manager and most of the better players involved in that season are here surrounder by better players. I also think you''ll be hard pushed to find a more prolific striker in this league than Dean Ashton. Followed by Huckerby and McKenzie who both have enough quality to score close to 20 goals each this season. Sure we will have spells of the season where we don''t get the results we feel we should but over the whole season I think we''ll have more than enough for promotion. All I can say is, make sure you leave the Monday after the Wolves game at home free. Shall be fun

We will go up. Where as the binners - all the players have ditched them leaving a very average squad. They certainly dont have the players and i definately cant see that happening at all. What do you think?

Course we''re going up, it will be harder than last time but we''re back to the prem better and stronger at the end of this season. I think we have trimmed the dead wood out of the squad and the 3 in so far seem like they will all contribute posatively to the season ahead. We''re going up and I''m going with them, jumping around and yelling all the way!!

1) We have the best strikeforce in the Divison

2) We have the best goalkeeper in the Division

3) We have the best manager in the Division

Sort the defence out and it''s looking pretty good from where I''m sitting to be honest Bruce

yes. i think we will be in the top 2 with wolves the other team fighting with us. we need another centre/right back and a right midfield.

How''s this for a suggestion - keeping the faith?!

Come now, man, chin up! Just because we got relegated from the Prem, doesn''t mean its all doom and gloom - we have a stronger squad already than we did in the promotion year.  Nigel is an even better manager now, having learnt from some mistakes (see my other thread Lay Off Worthy for more concise arguments), and we''re in a much healthier position than any of the other relegated teams - we have something called team spirit - and we still have the best board and the best director in the country, certainly not something the Southamptons and Palace''s of this world can boast.

There are no certainties in life, but I will be putting my money on City going up this year, and as Champions again too! Why? Because I believe! It may or may not happen in the end, but all through the season I will be singing my heart out: "going up up up... do doo do..."

In a way, its two different questions for two different people - ask me if we really will go up, then the realist in me answers "I don''t know, but hopefully".

Ask me if we''ll go up, then the optimist in me simply screams one word, over and over and over:

"YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!"

All together now: "WE ALL FOLLOW CITY..........."

I must be in a good mood this morning.............................

Arf Arf! Brucie the Binner. You''re such a card I can hardly contain my mirth and my sides are gonna split!

So whats the matter then? All gone a bit quiet down your end of the A140 eh?

Signed any more has been strikers then? Quite like the look of your new strike partnership!

Forster and Parkin eh? What do you get if you use the first four letters of FORSter and last three letters of ParKIN?

I think that will sum up the coming season for you quite well!

Of course we can, some say should, never say we will. 

OTBC

[quote]1) We have the best strikeforce in the Divison 2) We have the best goalkeeper in the Division 3) We have the best manager in the Division Sort the defence out and it''s looking pretty good from wher...[/quote]

hear hear Beds!!!!!

atleast we dont have the worse defence in the league anymore!

But with new players coming in, that problem could well be solved too.