Sign in to follow this  
?

Elliot Bennett

Seemed like a top pro. Not sure he was up to Premier League standard, although he might yet prove me wrong if given a chance elsewhere in the future.

Best of luck to him though, always came across as a very likeable bloke.

I had a lot of time for E Benno, bumped into him a fair few times in and around the city and on a few occasions he''d stop for a quick chat.

As others have said, a great role model at the club and whilst he might not have been in and around the first team enough for his liking in the past season or so he was a massive part of our development squads progression - he was constantly helping and coaching the youngsters whilst on the field with them and that''s something they really engage with.

Off the field he did a lot of things for the community sports foundation and will surely be missed by a large numbers of people.

From a footballing point it makes sense. He''s not getting any younger and it gives him a good chance to rebuild his career. The sad truth is the injury changed him a bit as a player; he lost that extra yard of pace and no longer looked like the dangerous winger which saw him start nearly every game during our return to the Prem under Lambo. That goal against Spurs is a fond moment for a lot of people, and surely the highlight of his career. That said as I outlined above whilst making his slow comeback he showed he was happy to help the squad - operating as a wingback when needed and always putting in a good shift.

I genuinely wish him all the best in his new ventures, I think people underestimate how well liked he was around the squad and I echo Nutty in saying this is the type of player we want in our club, an honest, hard working down to earth guy. Good luck Benno!

Good lad, kept his head down & worked hard. Been a bit unlucky here really.Always thought he had the potential to be a decent Right Back.Hope Lambert can get the best out of him & it all works out well for the both of them.

One of the reasons for PL signing RB was because he has legs. Remarkable, absolutely remarkable.http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/paul_lambert_hails_signing_of_norwich_city_old_boy_elliott_bennett_1_4371506