Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Implications of the Pinto signing

[quote user="STAN"]Number9 wrote the following post at 08/01/2016 12:28 PM: I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, Howson has been captain at every club/level he''s been at. Also he plays most games for AN.

He only played for Leeds prior to joining us?

His first season as official captain of Leeds was the same season that he signed for us in January. A season in which he was injured in October and he never played for Leeds again.

Personally I feel Howson ticks the "model pro" box, but he lacks most other key attributes that I would expect from a captain.

Russel Martin is our club captain. If Martin isn''t playing the captaincy should be decided on a game to game basis.

Hughtons idea of naming a ''club captain'' and a ''first team captain'' was probably the worst decision he made at NCFC![/quote]

Worst decision? Really? I''ll have to get back to you on that one.

Yes, beginning of the end in my opinion.

Undermined Russel Martin, unsettled the squad.

Howson may have been captain at leeds but he havent seen much of that in his 120 appearances so far so am not sure he is really a viable candidate; we get more from jerome and tettey in particular

leadership does appear to be a problem within the squad and I would love us to sign someone with that on pitch drive as an additional attribute.