Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

£8m Grabban bid - turned down!

I get that they are a relegation rival, I get that he could give them something they don''t currently have (pace up front) and I get that he''ll probably perform better there than he has here. But that is a hell of a lot of money for a player out of contract in 12 months who isn''t really getting much of a look in.

8 million?!

Id fly back from Mexico just to drive him down there :O

Having said that if Gayle is worth 8million then probably about right.

Absolutely crazy money for a bang average footballer

I''d wait until later in the window. See how we''re doing in the league and if we''ve signed anyone else then decide from there

I very much doubt it was anywhere near 8 million, more press bull.....lets be honest 8 million even AN would drive him personally to Bournemouth!

It would be madness not to sell a misfiring, troubled player, one who doesn''t want to be here and one not really ever connected with most of the fans......8 million would go a long way to purchasing Haller or such like.

better the devil you know here surely?......far better that we sell a player we know isnt good enough for the premier league to a rival, rather than risk them using that £8m on a striker who might score them goals.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]better the devil you know here surely?......far better that we sell a player we know isnt good enough for the premier league to a rival, rather than risk them using that £8m on a striker who might score them goals.[/quote]Can you see the lack of logic in what you said?He has contributed one goal ( I think) and has not looked good enough at all.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]....thats exactly what i said......[/quote]What makes you think he will score goals at Bournemouth?

eh? I dont??

let me start again......surely it is better that we sell Grabban to Bournemouth for £8m knowing they are getting a striker who is not good enough for the premier league, rather than turn the offer down and then risk them using that £8m on a striker than might score goals for them.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]eh? I dont??

let me start again......surely it is better that we sell Grabban to Bournemouth for £8m knowing they are getting a striker who is not good enough for the premier league, rather than turn the offer down and then risk them using that £8m on a striker than might score goals for them.[/quote]Ah right, got you now[Y]Kind of.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]eh? I dont??

let me start again......surely it is better that we sell Grabban to Bournemouth for £8m knowing they are getting a striker who is not good enough for the premier league, rather than turn the offer down and then risk them using that £8m on a striker than might score goals for them.[/quote]Ah right, got you now[Y]Kind of.[/quote]

I can confirm from reading your conversation that you do both in fact think the same thing; that Bournemouth spending £8million on Grabban would be a waste of their money.

And you make a very good point. If it stops them from actually buying a striker worth £8million (Naismith for example) then sell, sell sell!

Would he be our biggest valued sold player? Lewis grabban... What a joke.

Sorry if Bournemouth are back in we move quickly and let them have a poor player. Then we can move on and get a better quality player.

hilarious valuation if any truth in it, cant see how he has gone up in value at all - what did we pay for him exactly? Seems bizarre that Hooper has apparently devalued by £2 million but Grabban hasnt. Guess its just a supply and demand thing and the fact Bournemouth want him means he becomes worth what they are willing to pay. I think for £8 million the club should charter a Sanders Coach to drive him round to Eddie Howe''s place right quick.

[quote user="smooth"]Would he be our biggest valued sold player? Lewis grabban... What a joke.

Sorry if Bournemouth are back in we move quickly and let them have a poor player. Then we can move on and get a better quality player.[/quote]
Think he''d be second behind Leroy.

If this is true and we don''t sell him, then I would say you have to question the sanity of the decision makers at our club.

We signed him for £3m, how on earth has what he''s done here increased his value by £5m? This is laughable, which makes me think it can''t be true but I guess supply and demand can be a strange concept at times!

In theory he could score one goal for B''mouth which could keep them up and send us down. Just don''t think its worth the risk, likely to have suitors in the Championship so would much rather farm him out there. Just because we could get £8m for him, doesn''t mean we''d be able to spend it anyway.....players seem reluctant to come here for whatever reason.

Gordon, I guess you can look at this bid (if true) in two ways.

The positive slant is that we can potentially use that money to make our squad better. The negative slant is that we can potentially knock back the bid in order to try and make Bournemouth ''s squad worse.

I can see the arguments on both sides. But I''d personally prefer the first option if there are deals that could be done with a further injection of cash.

We may be playing a waiting game, trying to get a striker in before letting him go, plus this way he won''t be playing against us next week. Sell him to Bournemouth, invest in a better player that could end u there if we don''t.

Apart from his value, he''s absolutely no use to us whatsover.Doesn''t want to be here so he''s never gonna give everything for the Club while his mind is set on going to Bournemouth.There is no point in keeping him and we could do a lot with £8m.He''ll be on his way once we have a replacement lined up.Patience

See lots of comments about him not wanting to be hear and bad attitude.

Like this unconfirmed £8m bid is that just rumour and supposition, random assessments based on what we think we see rather than fact and evidence?

Who knows the truth but for Bournemouth, if they want him at that price as evidenced by the bid last summer, it''s a win-win to make the bid.  Either we agree to sell, or they unsettle him (some more).  So why wouldn''t they ?

I guess the question is whether selling him to them strengthens their team ... compared to them having the £8m to spend on someone else.  On balance having thought it over, I don''t think he''s up to Prem standard and I''d be happy for us to sell - providing he isn''t allowed to play against us on the 16th. 

Whilst I have huge doubts the £8 million is true, if it were it would make the stupidly inflated prices for players like Afobe seem a bit better.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

I don''t think he''s up to Prem standard and I''d be happy for us to sell - providing he isn''t allowed to play against us on the 16th

[/quote]
Genuine questions; is that actually enforceable and has it ever happened? I know players on loan generally can''t play against their parent club but has a club ever sold a player on the proviso that said player can''t play in the next match against the club who sold him?

i think that is specifically banned within the rules of the game chip..