Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Call yourselves fans?.

Okay, we''ve had Worthy bashers.

Now we have Francis haters.

Lies, rumours and accusations have come from so called fans on here to support their obvious hatred of Damien.

He''s off to Charlton, no, Everton...hmm?.

He''s now going to Portsmouth....hmm?.

I''m often accused of not supporting City on here, by the same posters slagging off Francis today, with not the slightest bit of real hard evidence to support them, other than rumours, and ''my mate said''!.

Well, I hope Damien stays, but could you really blame him for going, after the bloody unfair treatment he''s received on here?.

Yes, there are a few brave souls, still want him to stay. But in general, you seem to blame him, for City getting relegated, I''m sorry to be blunt, but that''s ludicrous!

If he goes, even today, I, as City supporter, will miss him dearly and wish him well, so should YOU.

After all, you all claim to be City fans, yes?.

PS. Before you ask, my use of the phrase ''sod off'' is usually followed with a ''wink'' smilie okay?.

what a strange post Wiz.   I have read most of the comments about Francis and cannot see amy evidence of what you say - hatred of Damien!!!

I think you are confusing debate about a players worth with something altogether different.

It''s quite hypocritical really, when we often have to read your posts moaning and groaning about Worthy.  One of your favourite players gets a few negative comments and you have a go, even questioning peoples loyality as a fan!!

Not everyone has to like every player in the side you know.

On a personal note, I think Damien is a good player.  Certainly based on past two seasons would be first choice for the CM role, but to think we can just wave away an offer for £1.75M because he is worth more is a joke.  Is this offer is real then it deserves some very serious consideration.

Oh the irony, coming from someone whos bashed Worthy more than most of the other posters combined.

I don''t see Francis haters,what I do see is posters who question his commitment to the canary cause.If there is a lack of commitment.....well he could always sod off!

Remember your posts about Greeno?  Slating him for saying he MIGHT have to move to further his England career? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because we don''t always agree doesn''t make someone less of a fan.

[quote]YOU LOVE AN ARGUMENT DONT YOU WIIIIIZZZZAAAARRDDD!!!!![/quote]

You know me well Stuart..

Seriously, its not about me, or what I may have said in the past, or think about Worthy, no, its about how fans seem to have jumped on a strange bandwagon, and decided that Damien, is virtually the spawn of the devil!. 

Yes, I know he was the devils son in the film ''The Omen''.

But I can''t just get my head round it thats all, and it worries me somewhat, that if he does stay, the slightest little mistake he makes, will result in loud booing from sections of the Carrow Road crowd.

And no one, but no one deserve''s that sort of treatment.

I can asure you that I am a city fan through and through. That is why I get so annoyed when I see obviously gifted professionals not showing the commitment that others around them are.

If I was a professional playing for a club in a relegation scrap and had other clubs rumoured to be interested in me I definately wouldn''t have done what Francis has. My first priority would be to play my heart out for the club and the supporters. Even if the club does go down, the supporters of that club will remember me for being one of the players that put in 110% every game in an effort to keep the club up. And then other teams will be interested in my services and I''ll make the club as much money as possible from any transfer. I''d do this for any club, not just Norwich.

Francis has done the complete opposite. He heard the rumours of Charlton being interested around January. Thats when he stopped being are most influencial player and started to be more of a liability. He wasn''t scoring the goals and he wasn''t protecting the defence. Since we''ve been down the only thing he has achieved are Portsmouth playing games in the press and most of the fans being on his back. If he''d been playing to his full potential I would have expected many more clubs to have had bids.

Do I hate Francis? Of course I don''t. I just don''t like the way he didn''t seem to care very much about Norwich. I especially didn''t like the way when after the Fulham game he was laughing and joking around when most of the other players were in tears and applauding the fans for the support.

I think this is how most of my fellow City "SUPPORTERS" (Wiz) feel about it. Its nothing to do with lack of loyalty. In fact its got to do with having a lot of love and loyalty for our club. Surely you want the best for the club Wiz?

I prepare my self for a lecture on how you''ve been going to matches since 195'' something and that we have a "crap" manager.

Its a quality v quantity argument for me - do you want 5 gary holt types or 1 damo francis?

IMO city are better served having damo perform inconsistently well than having holtys playing 100% averagely?  I am in the Damo camp and will support him on the pitch while continuing to despair on these forums when he underperforms.

Hoepfully having jarrett to push him will means he ups his performance levels...

OTBC

Hear Hear Rasputin- a very eloquent explanation of why many of us fans feel the way we do about Damo. And no-one''s even told him to SOD OFF as far as I am aware....!!

Francis is a very gifted player and was one of our most influential in places, last season.  I have admiration for the way he plays and scores goals and think he is occasionally an awsome player. 

I cannot however forgive the way he conducted himself in the latter half of last season, as soon as Charlton etc were sniffing around for his services.  He was the Lord Lucan of the team for many key games and I will never forget the amazing no show against Fulham. 

I too saw him laughing and joking and as an ardent fan, It felt like he had just stabbed everyone connected with the club in the back.  Same goes for Bentley and a couple of others who looked as though they didnt give a toss. 

I think Damien Francis has bitten the hand that feeds him and has 2 options

1. If his heart isnt here at Norwich he should make a quick exit, to allow Worthy to bring someone in who would give it all in a Norwich shirt (I actually think Jarrett may be similar player to Francis)

2.  To speak out publicly against his agent and commit to another season back in the championship.  After the dreadful performance against Fulham he should want to stay to make up for this. 

Staying until January would have the same result as last season, an inept string of performances. 

Although I admire his footballing abilities I can personally see him riding the gravy train back the riches of a Premier League club.  Slapping everyone at Norwich City who had shown faith in him, in the face. 

Football breeds greediness.  

STev

[quote]Francis is a very gifted player and was one of our most influential in places, last season. I have admiration for the way he plays and scores goals and think he is occasionally an awsome player. I...[/quote]

Well said Steve. 

[quote]I can asure you that I am a city fan through and through. That is why I get so annoyed when I see obviously gifted professionals not showing the commitment that others around them are. If I was a pr...[/quote]

Rasputin: Me lecture you?, why? I''m not that arrogant, and it would serve little purpose.

We''re both supporters, with a very different view on this issue, yes?. But IMO, others have been quite nasty.

In fact you put your case well, with no insults, so I''ll take what you say with respect, and we''ll have to agree to disagree, yes?.

Mook: Read my post again mate, this time properly. Did I not mention ''Sod Off'' has a winking smilie face on the end of it, every time I have said it.

It means not to be taken that serious (a bit like me really :laugh I''m surprised you missed that point!.

I will on this occasion, agree to disagree Wiz. I do hope you didn''t take offense and my closing statement about loyalty lecture. T''was only joking as I know you are a City fan who feels very strongly about loyalty.

[quote]Wiz my friend, you are a man with a shovel looking for a mountain[/quote]

Or a man with a foot looking for a mouth.
Seems to find it with alarming regularity too...

You know I''m kidding Wiz, but you can be a bit of a git at times.

my worry with francis is... that he hasn''t come out to quash any speculation... usually meaning there is somethin in it

if francis stays will he be in a good frame of mind or will he sulk and be waiting for the jan. window

i am very happy for him to stay if he puts in 110% effort and that is every game... in order to regain prem. football with norwich... if he begins to sulk then of course we should sell... and that is what worthy has said

i''m sure worthy et al have discussed with francis what they expect and his goal celebration with worthy against wba (scum) showed his passion... that is what we want every game next year as every team will be looking to get a result over us

i just wished we had spent £ by now so we wouldn''t be speculating departures for £ so we would buy class... i have been a fan of francis and think on his day he is good but has needed to develop many attributes further

[quote]You know me well Stuart.. Seriously, its not about me, or what I may have said in the past, or think about Worthy, no, its about how fans seem to have jumped on a strange bandwagon, and decided that ...[/quote]

"Seriously, its not about me, or what I may have said in the past, or think about Worthy"

Most your posts are about you. Have you ever written one that doesn''t contain the word "I"? You spend half your time slagging Green and Worthy and then post suggesting anyone that''s had a go at Francis isn''t a fan! What do you expect the response to be?

[quote]"Seriously, its not about me, or what I may have said in the past, or think about Worthy" Most your posts are about you. Have you ever written one that doesn''t contain the word "I"? You spend half yo...[/quote]

Shall I assume Spat, that you won''t be sending me a Christmas present this year then?. 

[quote]ZLF... Gary Holt has been gone for 2 weeks now and you still can''t resist a dig !!![/quote]

Fair play FTFW - I agree it looks like a dig at holt (who was excellentfor a couple of seasons up to our championship season) but he is only really an example of the type of player that I would rather not have too many of at a club whereas Worthy (the real target of my ''dig'') likes these 100%er (like Hughes).

Mypoint was really I like players who can play, create ad influence a game rather than rely totally on players who have a neagtive influence on the game only cos all they can do well is close down space.

OTBC

[quote]Fair play FTFW - I agree it looks like a dig at holt (who was excellentfor a couple of seasons up to our championship season) but he is only really an example of the type of player that I would rather...[/quote]

Why apologise ZLF?. Holt was a bloody carthorse at times last year, a trier I''ll grant you, but basically, a carthorse, we''re well rid of him.

You called it right mate, so never feel sorry about that!. 

My apology is really over my poor messaging, not for criticising Holt - the original post does look like a hit on holt, who although poor last season, was not the target of my comments, well this time anyway!

There is a place for harrying players like holt but they have to be effective at the level the club is playing at and no club can afford to have more than couple in the side at any one time.

OTBC 

This thread has been most amusing! I really enjoy when Wiz posts his usual controversial comments and sits back for everyone to bite. I''m not entirely sure if he really believes what he says and just does it to cause frustration and enjoyment in equal measure. Whatever, it keeps this board interesting.

The Wizard would be more amusing if he could add a little variety and creativity to his posts. Even the frequency of his name changes are becoming predictable ( as soon as someone overly upsets him ) along with the tiresome number of times he has said "goodbye" to fellow posters, analogous to a man with a roving eye only to regularly return to his poor suffering wife. The "wife" needs a new plot Wizard.

[quote]The Wizard would be more amusing if he could add a little variety and creativity to his posts. Even the frequency of his name changes are becoming predictable ( as soon as someone overly upsets him ) ...[/quote]

Unlike you Yankee, who lost the plot ages ago!. 

Korean Canary: Hmm, you may have spotted things that even old YC hasn''t, well done mate.

I usually lurk more than post on this board, but this thread has just made me chuckle too much to resist the opportunity!

"1st Wizard", have you not started several threads criticising the manager/other players? Yet when somebody else vents their, in my eyes, pretty valid opinions about Francis you accuse them of not being "true fans"?!

Either that''s one of the most hypocritical things I''ve read in a long time or I just don''t seem to have the capacity to understand your reasoning!

With regards to the comments made about Francis, I agree, he was awesome for us at the start of the season, but it seems that (apparently) when other Prem clubs started sniffing about in January his level of performance certainly dropped. However, it could just be that he could never quite get back into the swing of things after he fractured his cheekbone. I think we should wait and see what happens before the season starts before we should start proclaiming him to be an incarnation of the devil His behaviour after the Fulham game was pretty disgraceful though -- compare say, Deano''s reactions to Damo''s!

Ian