Sign in to follow this  
pete

Waiting for Naismith

When and if we get Naismith or another striker would be stupid to let any leave no matter how much we might get. As soon as one comes in the door Grabban and Lafferty can leave. Hope it is Naismith.

"Nothing happens. Nobody comes, nobody goes. It''s awful." Apart from Pinto, of course!

After running the message through the analysts in shed 3 of Bletchley Park - the message reads:

BEFORE we get Naismith or another striker, WE would be stupid to let any OTHERS STRIKERS leave - no matter how much we might get. As soon as one comes in the door, THEN Grabban and Lafferty can leave. INCIDENTALLY I Hope it is Naismith THAT WE SIGN.

My response: Yes

In response to the OP, I would say that if Naismith comes I doubt he would actually fulfil the role of a primary striker. He''s played for Everton either in the number 10 position or on the flank. I''d expect him play those two roles for Norwich if he arrives. Naismith therefore wouldn''t be a direct replacement for either Grabban or Lafferty - in my eyes anyway.

Jacko said: "I would say that if Naismith comes I doubt he would actually fulfil the role of a primary striker. He''s played for Everton either in the number 10 position or on the flank".

Quite right. Evertonian says he is no midfielder nor striker - but will score goals if played alongside a recognised striker. A top bloke who does a lot for local charities. But until the club''s takeover is sorted, transfers in or out may not happen.

Note to all readers: posts which are not immediately clear may not be due to laziness or an education seemingly not as good as the reader''s own. Just saying.

Naismith is a CAM by nature and not a out and out striker. It still only leaves us with mbok and camjam so we still have work to do up top