Sign in to follow this  
daly

FA CUP Shame

Seems like the Fa Cup has now become a non event. I remember the FA Cup runs when we queued for hours for tickets and winning meant something. It has now spread to the fans, spoke to 6 season ticket holders this evening who have no interest in going tomorrow. All thanks to Sky pouring millions into TP

To have Man City at home we should be sold out.

Hopefully we can see the multi million pound over rated so called super stars off and go on a cup run.

OTBC

[quote user="daly"]Jarrold Stand K Block

ARE YOU?[/quote]Yes I am.So thats at least two of us.

What are you basing the non event on, by the way? Do you know how many tickets have been sold?Or is it just based on 6 season ticket holders not going? Other side of the coin is that I have a group of mates going, who normally can''t get tickets, and for one of the group, its his first City game.

But on a separate and related note, I wouldn''t be that bothered if we lost tomorrow.  In some ways I would prefer a defeat to a draw, because the last thing we need with a thin squad is extra matches from replays.
Maybe if it''s still level on 90 minutes we can bring on Whittaker to score an own goal, give the Barclay the finger and seal his place in the NCFC Scapegoat Hall of Fame before he leaves to join Burnley.

Hate to see the FA cup belittled by the big clubs ,I can remember as a kid getting excited if we got a big club ,it was a chance to see the big stars at the time , now as tonight at exeter the reserves are playing for Liverpool.

Not fair on the fans .

Not based on 6 season ticket holders not going. Seems to be an apathy about the whole game, very little interest on this site.

This is Man City, supposedly one of the the top 6 teams in Europe

[quote user="daly"]Not based on 6 season ticket holders not going. Seems to be an apathy about the whole game, very little interest on this site.

This is Man City, supposedly one of the the top 6 teams in Europe[/quote]I wouldn''t take whats said herea s being particularly representative.I would expect 20k+ tomorrow.

[quote user="daly"]Probably right but should be a sell out.

Just my opinion[/quote]Nah I don''t disagree.We suffer slightly from maybe having so many season ticket holders who maybe just fancy a Saturday off.And we all know neither side will be anywhere near full strength, but the price of £20 (and a tenner for the kids) reflects that.

[quote user="Spillay"]Yes Morty, good fun isnt it ;)[/quote]I actually laughed out loud at that goal just before half time[:D]

[quote user="Number9"]Exeter keep looking for another, won''t be long[/quote]They are making Liverpool look very, very ordinary.

[quote user="morty"]In other news, anyone watching Lolerpool?[/quote]Yes Morty. It''s what the FA Cup is all about. Exeter are right in their faces and deservedly ahead. I''d expect Liverpool''s class to tell in the end but good luck to the Grecians.Such a contrast to how the game will be at Carrow Rd tomorrow. The Cup''s not the same when it''s an all-Premier League tie as all the clubs are only interested in winning the League or staying in it and consequently most of the best players are rested.The only way to get a decent crowd for these sort of fixtures is to reduce prices and that means a '' kids for a quid atmosphere '' with many of the crowd barely knowing which one''s the home team. Fulham at home a few years ago was a classic example. It felt like being at an American sporting event as only the popcorn was missing.I hope those that go do tomorrow enjoy it and see us win but personally I just don''t enjoy this sort of game at all.

Liverpool in desperate need of competition in goal. Wonder if they will take a look at Ruddy.

The game will finish 2 all. Liverpool looking at revenue from the home replay.

Tbh I''d say it''s Liverpool making Exeter look ordinary! That goal from a corner was comedy gold tho! Shame they basically gave Liverpool their goals.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Liverpool in desperate need of competition in goal. Wonder if they will take a look at Ruddy.

The game will finish 2 all. Liverpool looking at revenue from the home replay.[/quote]

You mean Exeter.

I''m going tomorrow so that''s another season ticket holder who''ll be there.Going lower Barclay for this one though, should be good!

Did I just watch the FA cup or FA Youth Cup on bbc1?!

[quote user="canary_1902"]I''m going tomorrow so that''s another season ticket holder who''ll be there.Going lower Barclay for this one though, should be good![/quote]I have swapped my Upper Barclay seat for one in the JArrold.The view is good, but the atmosphere $hite, I shall probably immediately regret it!

Count me in too. With Duncan, Jellytot and Twidio. So that''s four more ST holders. And I hope it rains because I''m in the dry this week[st] [um] [H] [Y]

But if season ticket holders aren''t going that''s not a great loss. STs used to be for people who wanted to go to every game. Now it seems some are for people who are afraid they would miss out on some games. If these people aren''t going then it will free up some decent seats for the people who want the club to build them a new stand....

[;)]

Why not put £50 on the season ticket to cover all home cup games up to semi finals, as a fan you could win you could lose, the club could win it could lose, but at least it would guarantee a full house?

I think we should keep what we''ve got Ray. I like the idea that decent seats are available to the casual fan rather than the mates of ST holders.