Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Jean-Pierre Gbamin

Going by Soccerway he seems to have been pretty much an ever-present for Lens last season in Ligue 1 (admittedly getting relegated) before getting injured, and he is still only 20. According to the story I''ve seen Lens are looking to strengthen  but - it seems to suggest - would need to sell to buy, perhaps unless their owners cough up some money. The player''s people are saying he doesn''t want to leave this winter, but they probably would say that whether true or not.

[quote user="Paris aint German"]Club looking at RC Lens player, €5mill is the quoted fee[/quote]There may be more than one story running on this, but from what I have read it is not clear whether that €5m is the price tag, or whether it is an amount Lens need because of financial difficulties, and so an assumption (probably correct) has been made that is what it would ask for Gbamin.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]I know it''s dangerous to go on Youtube - but the only thing I can find is a clip of him backheeling it into his own net.[/quote]
Cracking finish though. Maybe the plan is to stick him up front?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Paris aint German"]Club looking at RC Lens player, €5mill is the quoted fee[/quote]There may be more than one story running on this, but from what I have read it is not clear whether that €5m is the price tag, or whether it is an amount Lens need because of financial difficulties, and so an assumption (probably correct) has been made that is what it would ask for Gbamin.[/quote]Having fouind another story it is clear the €5m is the sum Lens need to raise to keep going and, but it may or may not be the specific price tag on Gbamin. This story says we and an unnamed club up in the Championship are in the running.