Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Afobe-wha's changed since the summer

Just curious for thoughts, but we had a well published pursuit of Afobe in the summer.

What do you think has changed since the summer for us not to go for him (if we haven''t and Bournemouth get him)?

Also curious that Wolves wanted at least £12m in the summer, he''s done well in a poor team this season, and yet are close to agreeing £10m, in the highly inflated Jan window. Bizarre

Wolves need the money and he''s struggling a little. He''s certainly lost the momentum he had from his move from league 1 to championship. I have doubts as to whether he''d be an improvement on Jerome and Mbokani.

Maybe the people in charge have been to see him play and realise he''s not that good/much better than what we have??

It always amazes me how some fans think a player linked to them is a talent, and as soon as he''s about to join a rival he becomes substandard and a massive risk.

Norwich have missed out here. He would have been decent for Norwich.

Bournemouth are building a decent team for next year in the Prem - very jealous!

Time will tell if I''m right or you those who are about to slate me are right...

[quote user="Lewis DW"]It always amazes me how some fans think a player linked to them is a talent, and as soon as he''s about to join a rival he becomes substandard and a massive risk.

Bournemouth are building a decent team for next year in the Prem - very jealous!

Time will tell if I''m right or you those who are about to slate me are right...[/quote]Completely the other way round on here normally.

Absolutely, Herman - I recall in the summer that most people thought Afobe was pretty ropey and didn''t want him; now he may be going elsewhere of course the story is very different and it seems we''d somehow be missing out.

Medical tomorrow at Bournemouth , doubt we will get anything better and will probably end up with the worse than useless Dwight Gayle with Grabban still here as well .

[quote user="Lewis DW"]It always amazes me how some fans think a player linked to them is a talent, and as soon as he''s about to join a rival he becomes substandard and a massive risk.

Time will tell if I''m right or you those who are about to slate me are right...[/quote]People used to say the same thing about QPR.If I were Bournemouth, I''d be more worried abut the amount of money they''re spunking on unproven players, should they go down. They already have around £15m from the summer sitting in their treatment room.

Well, it seems they are going to be paying absolutely top dollar for a player who may or may not make it. I''m not so sure I''d be happy with that spend level of risk, and it didn''t work out so well for them in the summer - but with their bankrolling owner perhaps Bournemouth don''t have to be concerned about finances

It''s a really good question? What has changed in such a short space of time. This guy has talent, and potentially a big player for the future. Big, strong, young and quick, oh and knows where the goal is. If we don''t try and intervene I think we are making a big mistake. We need a striker, badly. Naismith isn''t the answer for our striker problems, he isn''t a number 9!

Do people on here realise that Arsenal have a very good youth system, reserves coaching and decided that he''s not good enough, so sold him and a Championship side paid 2 million for him......

I don''t know if he''s motivated enough to push himself, but the little I''ve seen of him, he''s not super quick, doesn''t get into goal scoring positions, he does run the channels and puts himself about......we don''t need another like that unless we were thinking about selling Jerome.

Who knows if Afobe will be worth the 36 million some apear to know he''ll be worth in the future, but t 23 he''s no Lakaku that''s for certain.

I think more likely this will be his big money move and he''ll be the next Cameron Jerome from promoted club to promoted club.

Time will tell.