Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Norwich v Man City Match Thread

Going behind with a 5-man defence is always tough. Tactics ruined after 16 mins. Now it does not matter, might just as well put on Redmond and Laff, take off Martin and Dorrans. Play 4-4-2.

Pretty much mission accomplished by getting knocked out, Alex Neil has been all but saying it during the week. We don''t need the distraction and the wholesale changes confirm that. You just don''t want a thrashing though, a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat would have been ideal.

Terrible so far really, we''re not putting pressure on the ball and when we do have it the build up is generally slow and we just lose it due to them playing two strikers.

With quality like city it would always be difficult though.

No shame in losing, but for goodness sake don''t play the same players fro 90mins. Give some of the fringe players a chance (e.g. Lafferty)

2-0 down with 25 to play and we swap 2 midfielders for 2 midfielders, keeping the one striker up front!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Lafferty coming on, 3 nil win then [/quote]

Looks like you got it right MP ;)

I think the point was to give a few squad players a run out, try a different formation, lose gracefully & concentrate on the PL.I''m surprised 24,000 bothered to turn up when the intent and the outcome was obvious

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Obviously to give people like you a chance to come on to this forum and moan, you have missed this in the last few weeks.[/quote][:D]

Man City''s goals here if anyone is interested - http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/golazos/sergio-aguero-scored-a-solo-golazo-for-man-city-at-norwich-in-the-fa-cup-video/?

Really not bothered about this result, and I suspect neither is AN

although he may pretend otherwise.  There are after all, bigger things

at stake.

Fringe players? Hardly. Most of them start in the league.

If you can''t moan about Norwich not taking the fa cup seriously then you''re not a true football fan.

Biggest domestic cup in Europe by far and it''s not taken seriously might as well not bother entering it if it''s such a burden on footballers hard work life

Don''t diagree with your sentiments but i dont think you can isolate NCFC there are numerous clubs both towards the bottom of the PL and also at the top of the Championship who dont take it seriously

The real blame lies at the door of the TV companies

personally id still swap another day at Wembley for Premier League survival, after all its only the players that get anything from the extra money.

What I question is whether adopting this "relaxed" attitude to Cup games is actually beneficial for the subsequent league matches. Might the actual effect be that players lose focus which it then takes a league game or two to recover, by which time any previous momentum has been lost? I certainly don''t think it''s a good idea to approach any game with the attitude that it doesn''t really matter if you get beat. Winning is a habit, and trying your hardest to win is a habit too. Anyone thinking "It doesn''t matter if we lose" is more likely to find themselves habitual losers.