Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Today's team.

TEAM: Ruddy; Bennett, Martin (c), Bassong; Wisdom, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Olsson; Howson, Odjidja, Jerome.SUBS: Rudd (GK), Whittaker, Mbokani, Lafferty, Andreu, Redmond, O''Neil.

Pretty strong really! No grabban at all is a surprise. Nice to see Ruddy back in goal given a chance and Andreu on the bench. Hope he gets on for half an hour. He''s been in blistering form the last couple of weeks at Rotherham, tore Bolton to bits.

Aguero playing.Man City XI: Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph, Navas, Sterling, Iheanacho, AgueroSubs: Hart, Sagna, Clichy, Humphreys, Horsfield, Celina, De Bruyne

Hardly a massively weak Citeh side, is it - even with a few omissions there''s plenty of first teamers/''names'' in there.

Interesting we''ve given Wes and Brady the full day off. Grabban is j retesting, does his omission/Laffs inclusion suggest that he''s more likely to leave?

Struggle to see us scoring, bar perhaps a set piece, with that lineup.

Conceding possession in a 5-4-1 but little/no pace on the counter. Shame, as Demichelis is playing.

Going to be goal-shy, likely.

Predict 0-0, 0-1, 0-2, 1-2

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Upper Barclay today for a change, you''d love it Gref, just like looking at a big TV screen 😄[/quote]

Ah, no farting in the couch with Mrs Jenkins then..

So thats 7 changes from our last league game, Mbokani, Wessie, Tettey, Brady, Rudd, Redmond, Oneil 
Wasn''t expecting such a strong Man City team, is it just those 3 who aren''t regular first team starters or have I missed some??
13 Caballero ............ plays cup games ( Hart on bench)
05 Zabaleta
30 Otamendi
26 Demichelis
11 Kolarov
15 Jesús Navas............. normally on bench
06 Fernando
18 Delph
07 Sterling
10 Agüero
72 Iheanacho.............. youngster not a regular

Demichellis is not normally a starter but Kompany and Mangala are injured/unfit i think.

They are probably De Bruyne, Yaya Toure and Hart away from playing their strongest available lineup.

As expected, no goal threat from us today. Did not expect ys to ship 3 goals though.

Anyway, poor setup and tactics from AN today. I don''t believe he believed this team could beat ManC today. They had a walk in the park.

All about the league for us, though.

As for Ruddy in, and Martin as CB...well, it may be a coincidence (and strong opposition), but we always seem to ship rather easy goals with these two in the side.

There wasn''t a stream today greffy so you can''t pass too much judgement on AN tactics etc

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Four punts at the correct score Grefstad and all wrong...........[/quote]

Correct about our goals though. Missed a goal for Man C, but forgot Ruddy was in goal..

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I think it''s clear Neil was using this game as a free pass to try something different. It didn''t come off, and we''re out of the cup.No harm, no fowl.[/quote]

Different? To me it looked like a lazy copy of the setup used at the Etihad. Going a goal down with that setup will always make it a mountain to climb as you need subs to alter formation.

At Man C in tve league we got a lucky goal and hung on, until Ruddy messed it all up with his clumsyness.

Today, we never had a chance, as we had no pace bar Jerome in midfield and forward areas, so playing a defensive "suck-up-pressure" formation did not give is any attacking threat on the counter either.

Most dissappointing for me is our constant problems: too easy to pass, to easy to rin and dribble past our players.

This is also shown clearly on the Opta stats (Whoscored.com too), and Aguero proved evidence today with the first two goals, just walking past our players. Poor.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]"Correct about our goals" - apart from the prediction where you said we''d score that is.....[/quote]

Had 4 score picks. Us not to score in 3 of those 4. I guess you want to brand it bad picks..0-0, 0-1, 0-2, 1-2

[quote user="grefstad"] Aguero proved evidence today with the first two goals, just walking past our players. Poor.[/quote]You clearly haven''t seen anything from the game yet. If you have, to describe Aguero as ''walking'' is the only thing that is poor. The guy is world class.Here are 2 other takes on it from other people who know more about football than you.[img]http://s8.postimg.org/dhm10rzol/ncfc1.png[/img][img]http://s8.postimg.org/4l6nj3jol/ncfc2.png[/img]

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Four punts at the correct score Grefstad and all wrong...........[/quote]

Correct about our goals though. Missed a goal for Man C, but forgot Ruddy was in goal..[/quote]I''m sure if you just explain that to the bookmakers, they''ll probably pay out, and you''ll be quids in.Congratulations.

Nope, I never bet on scorelines. Only losers do.

But then again, I have nothing to learn about betting from the likes of a thirsty lizard and the ghost of a very poor Australian goalkeeper

[quote user="hogesar"]There wasn''t a stream today greffy so you can''t pass too much judgement on AN tactics etc[/quote]Grefstad, Norway''s answer to Canary Call."I didn''t see the game today, but........"