Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Class act

Man city were a class act today ,time to move on and concentrate on survival in the premier ,which is more important. Just hope we make one or two signings shortly.

They were good but we made it easy for them to get ahead and after that they could take their foot off the gas.

Exactly.  AN made it clear  his focus would be on the league.  Two tricky away games, followed by two tough home fixtures coming up. Will do well to average a point per game from those four.

A good run out for the fringe boys today but nothing more. I think pretty much every Norwich fan would accept today as a defeat as soon as the draw was made. Nice to be at home but you''d expect man City to win every day of the week, especially fielding a relatively strong team. Now let''s get back on focus on staying up!

I''m going to be a little bit controversial here. I am going to go out and say from what I saw, I don''t think they looked title contenders.

The bit of class they had about them is going forward, Aguero is THE class act. The only thing he lacks is height, but he is strong, quick in terms of pace and in terms of feet and is just lethal.

I honestly didn''t feel that Sterling offered that much and looked very ordinary for most of the time he was on the pitch. Their defence was pretty ropey as well to be honest. But as I say, going forward we struggled to handle them and in the end that''s what cost us.

Some good play in the opening 15 minutes would not have been unfair to have seen us score. But we don''t have an Aguero, and nor will we for some time yet unless we can unearth a hidden gem somewhere. Him and De Bruyne are worth a combined £70 odd million in transfer sums alone. Who was our most expensive player on the pitch today? Odija? £4million-ish?

Our defending for all 3 goals was diabolical and I''m including the goalkeeping and those supposedly shielding the defence in this. They were good but we made them look really good.

[quote user="Clint"]Our defending for all 3 goals was diabolical and I''m including the goalkeeping and those supposedly shielding the defence in this. They were good but we made them look really good.[/quote]

Our goalkeeper made a string of fine saves and one outstanding save. If you are refering to the last goal think you will find De Bruyne simply took the p**s at mr Bennett but lets find some scape goats lol

I''ve included all of the defence, the goalkeeper and those shielding our defence in my summary of ''diabolical defending'', that''s a lot of scapegoats, lol.

Alex s words seem to say hes not overly bothered. "We gifted the game to them,"   "The game is gone, is forgot, the league is our bread and butter".He need never worry about Cup games getting in the way of Citys league fixtures. Be it non league Lutons or top teams like Man. City, we are bankers to exit early. Agree about Aguero, he is world class. Sterling and one or two others are heading that way, but as yet have more to prove.

Yes they were good and we were not, end of really.

I enjoyed their third goal particularly, can be dissapointed with City performance but still appreciate quality.

It''s over, £20 gone, move on.