Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Bournemouth bid 8 million for Grabban

And we reject it.
Allegedly.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/07/gb-norwich-city-turn-down-bournemouth-bid-for-lewis-grabban/?
If true then we''re mental. A rival is willing to pay us 8million for a poor striker who will miss loads of chances and not score very many goals, and we say no? Got to be media nonsense, we''re not that stupid as a club? Surely?

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Like the one he missed against Arsenal.[/quote]
No he scored that - Took him to the heady heights of 6 in the calendar year of 2015. 
The two yard tap in is a skill that strikers in the Conference should have in their locker.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Like the one he missed against Arsenal.[/quote]
No he scored that - Took him to the heady heights of 6 in the calendar year of 2015. 
The two yard tap in is a skill that strikers in the Conference should have in their locker.
[/quote]
Sorry just watched it again. The 8 yard tap in.

To be fair £8m sounds an amazingly generous offer for someone who hasn''t pulled up any trees at the higer level.It''s pretty obvious Grabban isn''t happy at Carrow Rd so we may as well free up the cash for someone who wants to be here.The old argument of it being mad to sell to a close rival doesn''t hold water. Unless an ambitious Championship club comes in we''re only ever going to be able to sell to a lower level Premier club meaning he''s stuck on our books forever and a day if we''re worried he might help his new club send us down.True Bournemouth might buy him back and turn him into a goal machine but so far Premier League evidence suggests otherwise. There''s also the very real possibility that returning to a former club won''t work out. It rarely does.No one else has been beating down the door to sign him so if this is true I think we''d be foolish not to sell.

Just a hunch KIO, but I suspect it is the opening round of negotiations.

I have never heard of any transfer being concluded at the first turn.

If you were happy to accept £8m for Grabban, then you will wet your pants if we get , say £10m in the end.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Just a hunch KIO, but I suspect it is the opening round of negotiations.

If you were happy to accept £8m for Grabban, then you will wet your pants if we get , say £10m in the end.[/quote]If anyone parts with £10m for Grabban they''re clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.

[quote user="kick it off"]
[/quote]

You had a right good go at me recently for writing something deemed stupid and then come up with something like this.   Suggest you keep your insults to yourself in future if you are going to write rubbish like this.

......and Smith must score. wrote the following post at 07/01/2016 5:36 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Like the one he missed against Arsenal.

Congratulations on your 5000th post Mr J

The oldies are the best.

Crack open the champagne....

I thank you😄

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Just a hunch KIO, but I suspect it is the opening round of negotiations.

If you were happy to accept £8m for Grabban, then you will wet your pants if we get , say £10m in the end.[/quote]If anyone parts with £10m for Grabban they''re clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.[/quote]
If McNally swindled £10mill for Grabban, you''re damn right I''d wet my pants, I''d be absolutely p1$$1ng myself. 
I don''t care if it is opening round or not. No point holding out for an extra bit when they''re offering stupid money for a useless waste of squad space.
If someone offers you £100 for a post it note, you don''t try and wait it out in the hope they offer £120. Take the money and run!

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Just a hunch KIO, but I suspect it is the opening round of negotiations.

If you were happy to accept £8m for Grabban, then you will wet your pants if we get , say £10m in the end.[/quote]If anyone parts with £10m for Grabban they''re clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.[/quote]
If McNally swindled £10mill for Grabban, you''re damn right I''d wet my pants, I''d be absolutely p1$$1ng myself. 
I don''t care if it is opening round or not. No point holding out for an extra bit when they''re offering stupid money for a useless waste of squad space.
If someone offers you £100 for a post it note, you don''t try and wait it out in the hope they offer £120. Take the money and run!
[/quote]

But then you have to ask yourself...why are they offering so much for just a post it note?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="kick it off"]
[/quote]

You had a right good go at me recently for writing something deemed stupid and then come up with something like this.   Suggest you keep your insults to yourself in future if you are going to write rubbish like this. [/quote]
You were arguing that Rudd is as good as De Gea. You continued to argue it for about 10 pages.
I got the distance of Grabban''s tap in wrong. Checked, and corrected myself.
I''m not quite sure why or how you believe that to be similar, but for once can you try and make it through an entire thread without attention seeking and trying to make it about you. You''ve made your point, I''ve answered it, either discuss Grabban or GTFO, I really don''t care which but I''m sure I''m not alone in being bored of the Lakey Diaries in every thread.

If true, it really shows how much Alex rates and values Lewis. We have our fans opinions but it  matters nothing. Good news in my opinion. Alex is not going to let Lewis go without a  bigger offer coming in, one that only Alex knows. Ive heard that "Grabban doesnt want to be here" stuff for months now, how does anyone know how Lewis feels now?..have you asked him? Hes a professional footballer contracted to City and part of Alexs plans, and to me hes got on with his job. His strike rate? not bad for the type of formation we play..on a par with Cam id say.Last day or two ive noticed more and more managers saying "not for sale" in relation to their players, think Alex is no different. The old adage that money can buy you any player is just not so, and theres always a decent chance we cannot get new guys in, so on that basis, Alex is just saying to clubs...if you wanna buy  my guys that are part of my plans...you going to pay thru the nose. Lewis will be valued whatever Alex values him at, what we think is irellavant.

[quote user="chrisr1606"]But then you have to ask yourself...why are they offering so much for just a post it note?[/quote]
No. I know the value of a post it note. If the buyer feels it''s worth more and are willing to pay then let them get on with it. Not my problem.

KIO - It is not relevant how much I think Grabban is worth. He is currently not in our team, and we are the (potential) selling Club. It is the January transfer window and teams are slightly desperate to get players in. Bournemouth will be back to us, with another offer, I would put my mortgage on it. We would then (perhaps) agree to sell him. Win win!

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]KIO - It is not relevant how much I think Grabban is worth. He is currently not in our team, and we are the (potential) selling Club. It is the January transfer window and teams are slightly desperate to get players in. Bournemouth will be back to us, with another offer, I would put my mortgage on it. We would then (perhaps) agree to sell him. Win win![/quote]

Was gonna say exactly the same in that you never go with opening bid (did we get Brady with our 1st offer, irrespective of whether it''s Jan or Aug) With a bit of luck they''ll improve it (whether we''ve given them our valuation) and we''ll reach a compromise.

Concerned its to a rival but he''s never gone hot the heights for us, he''s not in the team, he keeps throwing his toys out the pram and it''s pretty clear he doesn''t really want to be here, so best for all if a deal can be struck, and gives us valuable cash to get a replacement

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="kick it off"]
[/quote]

You had a right good go at me recently for writing something deemed stupid and then come up with something like this.   Suggest you keep your insults to yourself in future if you are going to write rubbish like this. [/quote]
I got the distance of Grabban''s tap in wrong. Checked, and corrected myself.
[/quote]

[:D] You''re just making it worse.

I''d be dead set against selling a player that we know has top notch performances in him even if he''s off form. But 8m for what is a good championship level striker, I''d take their money before they spend it on someone really decent. Still as someone has already said I''ll trust AN judgement.

In the Champs Grabban scored in 3 games where his goals made a difference to the result. Every other goal he scored was basically irrelevant as all it did was inflate a winning margin or a loss (I know that''s a black and white way to look at things and doesn''t give the full picture, but essentially he doesn''t turn 1 point into 3 very often, he''s not a gamechanger). He scored 7 goals between September and May, including a run of 2 goals in 22 games. We have (allegedly) been offered nearly triple our outlay for a player who frankly wasn''t very good in the Championship, and hasn''t even remotely looked like cutting it in the Prem.
I don''t see why there is an issue with selling him to Bournemouth. He is not good enough to score goals at this level, and takes up the spot of someone they may sign instead who might turn out to be good.

[quote user="kick it off"]In the Champs Grabban scored in 3 games where his goals made a difference to the result. Every other goal he scored was basically irrelevant as all it did was inflate a winning margin or a loss (I know that''s a black and white way to look at things and doesn''t give the full picture, but essentially he doesn''t turn 1 point into 3 very often, he''s not a gamechanger). He scored 7 goals between September and May, including a run of 2 goals in 22 games. We have (allegedly) been offered nearly triple our outlay for a player who frankly wasn''t very good in the Championship, and hasn''t even remotely looked like cutting it in the Prem. I don''t see why there is an issue with selling him to Bournemouth. He is not good enough to score goals at this level, and takes up the spot of someone they may sign instead who might turn out to be good.[/quote]

When on form, Grabban was first choice under AdamsWhen on form, Grabban was first choice under AN.On form he is a handful for any opposition.And if he is so poor, why would Bournemouth want him back?And his goal against Arsenal was not a "tap in".

One way or another we will probably get a decent indication on Saturday, I think it likely that if he is off he won''t be in the team. He''s not made the bench for the last two games and you''d have thought if he was in Neil''s plans then he would be starting the cup match at the very least.

I''d say the money is only any good if we have someone of equal or better standard lined up.... Jerome or Mbokani get injured and we''d be down to one striker that Neil seems happy to start at this level.

£8m is good business for grabbhan, I would play the league game against Bournmouth because if we sell before he would likely score against us. It''s &8m we could put towards Austin/Afobe which at worse are on level par with grabbhan.

Please take the money 🙏🏻🙏🏻💷💷💷💷💷💩🐴

[quote user="lake district canary"]When on form, Grabban was first choice under AdamsWhen on form, Grabban was first choice under AN.On form he is a handful for any opposition.And if he is so poor, why would Bournemouth want him back?And his goal against Arsenal was not a "tap in".[/quote]
When first choice for Adams, Grabban was so poor with his 2 in 22 special run, he was a large part of the reason we were doing badly enough for Adams to "resign".
Yep, and how long did that last? His ridiculous red cost him his place and he''s never won it back for more than 2 or 3 games. What does that tell you?
I disagree with that. Name one game where you walked away (or turned off the laptop) where you thought "Wow, Grabban was excellent, really changed the course of that game" or similar? He''s good at running around not doing much, but I don''t think that constitutes being a handful.
Bournemouth obviously think they can return him to the form he showed when he was there in the Champs. Plus the fact that they are struggling to attract anyone of any note I would imagine. Iturbe is a name but that is mainly based on flashes of potential a good few years ago, not because he is a good player. 
If Grabban is such a good striker then why is it only Bournemouth and a handful of Championship teams after him? Surely if he is so great then we would be beating offers away from all quarters. If he is not "poor", if he is even mediocre at Prem standard, surely someone like Sunderland would be interested?  So why such a dearth of interest in a player that is obviously available? 
Once he turned the defender, which was relatively simple given the fact he was between defender and ball and the ball was on a plate for him from Brady, he was essentially unmarked 8 yards out. If a striker misses a chance like that he shouldn''t be anywhere near a football league squad. It was hardly a wonderstrike was it?

I doubt the figure is the truth because if it is they are welcome to him. They can definitely have him for 10m. That should buy a decent replacement!