Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Snodgrass Calling Hughton

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]"Like I told you in the past, Hughton, I take the friggin'' penalties."[/quote]Quite right Yankee. Just watch, their top striker won''t score another goal for Hull again after this.......

Loved his goal celebration today where he runs right over to the away dugout and stands there eyeballing Houghton before being dragged away by his celebrating colleagues.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]Loved his goal celebration today where he runs right over to the away dugout and stands there eyeballing Houghton before being dragged away by his celebrating colleagues.
[/quote]

Except of course he didn''t do that.  It''s a pity he couldn''t have scored the penalty against Villa and then we might have stayed up.

It''s more of a pity Chris Houghton spent £14m on two woeful strikers unsuited to the role he wanted them to play, and then compounded the issue by insisting on a tedious, negative safety-first "don''t lose" style of football which resulted in a funereal atmosphere most Saturdays and a subsequent relegation.
But yeah, that one penalty.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Darth Bor"]Loved his goal celebration today where he runs right over to the away dugout and stands there eyeballing Houghton before being dragged away by his celebrating colleagues.
[/quote]

Except of course he didn''t do that.  It''s a pity he couldn''t have scored the penalty against Villa and then we might have stayed up.

[/quote]Did you go?

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Darth Bor"]Loved his goal celebration today where he runs right over to the away dugout and stands there eyeballing Houghton before being dragged away by his celebrating colleagues.
[/quote]

Except of course he didn''t do that.  It''s a pity he couldn''t have scored the penalty against Villa and then we might have stayed up. [/quote]
Did you go? [/quote]I went this morning and again at about 4.00 this afternoon. Thanks for asking.

Re: Snodgrass Calling Hughton

Darth Bor wrote:

Nice guys finish last.

Rubbish.

Careful ldc, you''re sticking up for Hughton again!

Hull City manager Steve Bruce was delighted to see Robert Snodgrass emerge as the hero as City book their place in the FA Cup fourth round draw by beating Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 at the KC Stadium.
Hull City boss Steve Bruce labelled Robert Snodgrass a "class act" after the winger scored the only goal of the game – and his first for the club – to earn the Tigers a 1-0 win over Brighton in the third round of the FA Cup.
Snodgrass''s 42nd-minute spot-kick, awarded after Lewis Dunk fouled Harry Maguire inside the box, was enough to hand City victory. The Scot produced an excellent performance and Bruce was rightly pleased with what he saw.
"We''ve seen what we''ve missed, basically," Bruce said. "I''ve said repeatedly that unfortunately one of the reasons why, in my opinion, we''re not in the big league, is the loss of our big players.
"We''ve seen Snoddy produce a performance that we''ve missed. He''s a class act. We paid a lot of money (for him) and unfortunately for him he''s got injured on his first day. A big pat on the back to him and, I have to say, to my medical staff in particular because it''s not been a straightforward one.
"It''s been one of these complicated injuries that I don''t think we''ve seen before. So all credit to everybody concerned and more importantly to Snoddy himself. He''ll feel terrific tonight, which is good to see."

Que sera, sera....
Manager Chris Hughton has spoken of his disappointment at seeing Brighton crash out of the FA Cup at the third round stage to Hull City earlier today.
Making the trip to the KC Stadium to face fellow Championship promotion hopefuls Hull, a late first half penalty in their favour decided the game, but Hughton wasn''t just disappointed with the loss - it was the overall performance and the manner of the loss that really grabbed his frustration.
Having less possession in the game, and doing very little with the 46% the side had, Brighton didn''t manage a registered shot on target across the entire 90 minutes and they were only credited with fashioning two shots in total.

So snodgrass is back to his best...MOTM performances and a goal.

Whilst Hughton is also back to his best. Mind numbingly dull football.

[quote user="hogesar"]So snodgrass is back to his best...MOTM performances and a goal.

Whilst Hughton is also back to his best. Mind numbingly dull football.[/quote]
Thank God Snoddy did get us relegated by missing that one penalty, otherwise Houghton might still be in charge.