Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Bournemouth back in for grabban SSN

posted at 07.44

CHERRIES LAUNCH GRABBAN BID

Bournemouth have submitted a formal bid for Norwich City striker Lewis Grabban, according to Sky sources.

A deal to take Grabban back to Bournemouth broke down in the summer, but we understand it could be back on once again.

Grabban has fallen out of favour at Carrow Road, with the 27-year-old missing from the Canaries’ five previous matchday squads.

dot mess around lets just take the money to re invest !

Should have sold him first and then bought Afobe, but hey ho.

It''s a SELL from me. Wasting away at our club and his value will dwindle by summer if he carries on not playing

Reinvest

On the face of it, I clearly want us to sell. He contributes very little to our squad now. There''s a couple of things though.

1) he obviously thrived at Bournemouth as Holt did at us where elsewhere he was perhaps half the player. I wouldn''t want to be helping Bournemouth out too much.

2) are we actually going to use that money to reinvestin the squad? Yes Naismith looks a goer which should give us just enough up top to scrape by but our more pressing concerns are at the back. What is that extra ÂŁ8m or so going to do to help us in an environment where average players like Afobe go for ÂŁ12m? Even defensively, people quote ÂŁ10m for the likes of Tom Lees, its silly season really.

If anyone - even a relegation rival - is offering us what we paid for Grabban or more, we need to bite their hand off for it. He''s not gettign games because he''s not good enough to be in or around our first team, it''s as simple as that. Maybe it will work out for him at bournemouth, who knows. But that money can be reinvested elsewhere at no risk to us - if it happens, it''s an extra, unexpected bonus that wouldn''t have been part of the board''s careful accounting and planning for the transfer window, so worst case scenario we spend the unexpected windfall by taking a gamble on a player who might or might not work out, and who we wouldn''t have risked signing without the extra cash to gamble on. If they turn out to be great, then we''ve won big time; if we gamble on someone who doesn''t make the grade then we''ve not really lost anything - just exchanged one player who''s not good enough to start for another, without affecting our main transfer plans.

We have Naismith all but nailed on, so we don''t need a replacement as Grabban has only been a very occasional player this past few months.

All I will say that returning players never do as well as they did prior to their departure, remember Barn Dooor Cureton?

Take the money and use it on the likes of Hellar or if at all possible that young lad at Ajax, anyone but Grabban.

Where are all the people bashing the club for turning last weeks bid down when it was only made today ?

Wilson Murray Afobe Defoe Abonglahor Grabbin they cant all play or even be on the bench Bournemouth''s way of staying up seems to be to buy their competitors players and unsettle the rest. Really hope they go the way of QPR

[quote user="Indy"]We have Naismith all but nailed on, so we don''t need a replacement as Grabban has only been a very occasional player this past few months.

All I will say that returning players never do as well as they did prior to their departure, remember Barn Dooor Cureton?

Take the money and use it on the likes of Hellar or if at all possible that young lad at Ajax, anyone but Grabban.[/quote]Naismith isn''t an out and out goalscoring forwardWe need someone who scores goals.

If Naismith is played as an out and out centre forward he will score goals. Before he signed fr Everton and when he first arrived, that''s exactly what he did. He doesn''t score so many now because he either doesn''t play or because Martinez chooses to utilise him as one of the wide men in a forward 3. See also Arouna Kone.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]If Naismith is played as an out and out centre forward he will score goals. Before he signed fr Everton and when he first arrived, that''s exactly what he did. He doesn''t score so many now because he either doesn''t play or because Martinez chooses to utilise him as one of the wide men in a forward 3. See also Arouna Kone.[/quote]Also, if we stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation we have defaulted to this season, I feel Mbokani will score a lot of goals if he stays fit. Think about it – if we sign Naismith, we have six quality options competing for those three positions behind the striker (Brady/Jarvis/Redmond as wide options, Wes central, and Vadis and Naismith who could probably play either centrally or wide). Or you could even drop Olsson and have an overlapping Brady at LB. Would imagine that Pinto is quite attack-minded, basically an upgrade on Whittaker. I think what AN is trying to do is to address the supply lines to the striker first and foremost, which is characteristically smart.

Still going to need an out and out goalscorer , that''s something we just have not got in the squad and i think people believing Naismith is going to fill that role will end up disappointed . Haller would be the player to go for but will we make an offer that cannot be turned down or just sit monitoring the situation untill somebody else snaps him up .

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Four goals in his first season at Everton doesn''t speak of a prolific centre forward, Temp the Revelator.[/quote]And 4 in 14 this season with 3 of those coming in one game , i hope we are not going to pin our survival hopes on one Scotsman . As for Mbokani scoring plenty can anybody remember him even having a shot at goal yet ? our strikers need a major upgrade as does the central defenders then we can start talking about survival .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]As for Mbokani scoring plenty can anybody remember him even having a shot at goal yet ?[/quote]Oh, get a job.

[quote user="Indy"]We have Naismith all but nailed on, so we don''t need a replacement as Grabban has only been a very occasional player this past few months.

Take the money and use it on the likes of Hellar or if at all possible that young lad at Ajax, anyone but Grabban.[/quote]
That sounds a little like my outhouse.....but it;s really chilly until the spring arrives.

Please time to do what is best for club and player , we need to bring fresh blood in , if this falls through we will get peanuts in summer.

Yes its a risk but thats life in premier league he will never be a regular goal scorer for us , too much history now.

If really near 8 mill take it now and reinvest, same with Hooper, Turner etc realistic bids then take them too

Secure Bournemouth''s best offer & let Grabban move on. Offload Hooper & Lafferty. Buy Naismith to play off either Jerome or Mbokani. Acquire a high quality goal scorer plus an effective central defender. Then focus on securing a top 10 place. Said quickly it all sounds simple enough...

How about more realistic, offload the three strikers, buy Naismith and Caulker, then splash out on Cerny from Ajax as the future replacement for Wes a key man.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Not until we have a better replacement[/quote]Just ordered a cardboard cut out and currently trimming my chest hair to stick on.

plenty of demand to play Naismith off a striker - that could only be at the expense of Wes; who to me seems the more productive player.

An option to have as an alternative to Wes - but he will need to improve his scoring ratio to justify his fee if we are relying just on goals from him.

There are crazy rumours  in a few places of a Muff  bid for Grabbs that defy belief,,the amounts being talked of are almost beyond all reason and sense..Alex truly does not want to sell Grabbs to a rival..if these crazy rumours are true, then Alex is forcing Muff to buy at a laughable price..it would be the only acceptable way.