Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Did AN confirm we turned down a large bid for Grabban?

Just had a chat with fellow city fan who said that AN confirmed City turned down a significant offer for Grabban from Bournemouth, until now I assumed it was all pure press bull, can anyone else confirm what he said?

Thanks, I haven''t seen any AN interviews and didn''t think it''s been reported.

I can''t believe Bournemouth would be that daft or City that daft to turn it down if it was true, just press talk.

As far as I know they only enquired and last I heard no bid had actually been received. Make of that what you will.

According to SSN they have only just come in for him.

Good luck Grabbin Afobe Defoe Wilson Abonglahor ( if true ) and Murray as one of you will play 2 will warm the bench and 3 will just sit around picking up a big pay cheque.

Bournemouths way of staying up seems to be buy everyone that other relegation candidates might want and unsettle the rest. Still a small club with no money punching above their weight according to the media.

What is the point of financial fair play ? by acting as an ethical business / football club we are disadvantaged and people in the media holding up Bournemouth as a club with ambition and not us for doing within budget and debt free even after seeing the demise of the likes of Leeds and QPR for chasing the dream.

Whilst I don''t pretend to know the ins and outs of FFP, surely with the minimal income Bournemouth have, surely they are breaking the rules, again, throwing all this money around.

[quote user="OldRobert"]Whilst I don''t pretend to know the ins and outs of FFP, surely with the minimal income Bournemouth have, surely they are breaking the rules, again, throwing all this money around.[/quote]And yet unlike Forest and Bolton etc they got a slap on the wrist so where is the incentive not to do it again? A small fine of £250,000 on nigh on £15m of transfers isnt going to hurt them or make them think twice. Just been invested in heavily as well so expect them to do a sort of QPR type of dance over the next 18 months.

[quote user="OldRobert"]Whilst I don''t pretend to know the ins and outs of FFP, surely with the minimal income Bournemouth have, surely they are breaking the rules, again, throwing all this money around.[/quote]And yet unlike Forest and Bolton etc they got a slap on the wrist so where is the incentive not to do it again? A small fine of £250,000 on nigh on £15m of transfers isnt going to hurt them or make them think twice. Just been invested in heavily as well so expect them to do a sort of QPR type of dance over the next 18 months.

The Premier League and Championship have different FFP rules. If Bournemouth were still in the Champ they would also have a transfer embargo - as they are Premier League now the Football League has no authority to enforce an embargo.

The different rules for different leagues are explained here

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The Premier League and Championship have different FFP rules. If Bournemouth were still in the Champ they would also have a transfer embargo - as they are Premier League now the Football League has no authority to enforce an embargo.

The different rules for different leagues are explained here

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php[/quote]aware of that, just shouldn''t be the case that the generally more successful or richer clubs in a money laden league should be able to abide by different rules. should be an FA thing as opposed to an FL/PL rule.

FA have no jurisdiction over these kind of matters, they lost all that when the league broke away.

Whilst Bournemouth did break the rules last season, their wage spending was still less than Norwich''s - I guess they could argue that Championship FFP rules just help the established clubs and restrict anyone else from challenging them, and they would have a point. The Premier League FFP rules very much try to prevent anyone challenging the position of Man City, Chelsea etc.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The Premier League FFP rules very much try to prevent anyone challenging the position of Man City, Chelsea etc.[/quote]Chelsea are doing an excellent job of challenging their own position this season... [:D]

[quote user="coachkemp"][quote user="OldRobert"]Whilst I don''t pretend to know the ins and outs of FFP, surely with the minimal income Bournemouth have, surely they are breaking the rules, again, throwing all this money around.[/quote]And yet unlike Forest and Bolton etc they got a slap on the wrist so where is the incentive not to do it again? A small fine of £250,000 on nigh on £15m of transfers isnt going to hurt them or make them think twice. Just been invested in heavily as well so expect them to do a sort of QPR type of dance over the next 18 months. [/quote]So might as well chuck PL FFP rules in the bin then.  Total waste of space.  Let''s all do what we want and spend what we like.