Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Bournemouth/Norwich

So Bournemouth have Grabban back.  His flirting with Norwich didn''t work out and he was not popular on here by many, even before his punch and then later his walking out strop.  So he has gone back to where he felt loved and partly because of that he will no doubt return to full form straight away (although I hope there is some kind of agreement that he can''t play on Saturday).  So why wasn''t he popular at Norwich?  Maybe he never quite looked good enough or maybe our fans are too impatient - but he is apparently good enough for Bn''mouth.......so that begs the question, why did they sell him in the first place?  Football is strange sometimes.

I think it was the walking out strop that really made him unpopular.

However since most on here appear to have forgotten all about it I would like to say thanks for the goals against Ipswich Lewis.

He just never really felt right at norwich. Sometimes that happens.

Glad hes gone as was never gonna do well here.

Just hope we pull our fingers out and make some signings. It was a good price for him, but no point being debt free and in the championship. Might as well be 20 /30 million in debt and be in the prem

What makes you think Grabban will go back and be a success? Most times players return to a club they struggle, even our own Jamie was pants on his return!

There''s added pressure on Grabban with this move, there''s better players at this level and he''s a very temperamental type one who was always first down the tunnel here, he hardly ever interacted with the fans here and when he did score it only meant additional money in scoring bonus to him!

Glad to be shot of a very average championship player with a premiership replacement in Naismith, no brainier it''s like a swap deal so we should still have a good sum left for a CB and a young striker.

Just remember guys, if Afobe and Grabban both play Saturday, and contribute to  beating City...its only one match, and no matter how much Muff fans bleat and crow about beating us, theres 17 other games to play in the Prem, so its about City doing the bizz themselves in those games. The Bournemouth game will come and go and be a fleeting memory quickly enough.

Bottom line is Afobe made it clear in the summer he didn''t want to come here and Grabban has made it clear from the start he didn''t really want to be here, so no worries, I doubt they will both play if either will start.

One the other foot, what if Naismith is here, Bournemouth play both and we win 1-0 how many will be crowing?

Thats a big if at this moment Indy, Afobe and Grabban are Bournemouth players, no definite sign as yet that Naisy will be a City player.

[quote user="Indy"]Bottom line is Afobe made it clear in the summer he didn''t want to come here and Grabban has made it clear from the start he didn''t really want to be here, so no worries, I doubt they will both play if either will start.

One the other foot, what if Naismith is here, Bournemouth play both and we win 1-0 how many will be crowing?[/quote]

I don''t think Afobe ever said anything about joining us all the talk was from the wolves manager

[quote user="lake district canary"]So why wasn''t he popular at Norwich?  Maybe he never quite looked good enough or maybe our fans are too impatient [/quote]
13 goals in 44 games over one and a half seasons.  Define "impatient".

[quote user="Essjayess"]Just remember guys, if Afobe and Grabban both play Saturday, and contribute to  beating City...its only one match, and no matter how much Muff fans bleat and crow about beating us, theres 17 other games to play in the Prem, so its about City doing the bizz themselves in those games. The Bournemouth game will come and go and be a fleeting memory quickly enough.[/quote]

In the context of the season though it feels like a very big match. We go there and win and we probably find ourselves in id table with a nice cushion on Bournemouth. Lose both our games this week and they go above us then they are the ones with momentum. I am not adverse to this sale in principal but there is no way it should have been done ahead of Saturday if he is allowe to play. No way.

In 20+ years i can''t remember an NCFC player who has missed as many clear cut chances as Grabban. Yeah he scored a few but 8 million? Great business on our behalf, as long as a replacement is incoming of course.