Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Buy back scheme

Does anyone know how much the club gives you if you can''t make a game ? the official site seems to suggest £20 but that seems a bit tight.

[quote user="yoda"]Does anyone know how much the club gives you if you can''t make a game ? the official site seems to suggest £20 but that seems a bit tight.[/quote]Blimey Yoda, thought you wanted to buy back Grabban for a minute.[;)]

Made me laugh out loud !!😂😂😂😂

On the £20 ,, it''s what I have been told , but have never bothered on the odd occasion when I have been unable to attend . Personally I think that getting your money back ,, if they sell it ,, is a decent deal .

[quote user="yoda"]Does anyone know how much the club gives you if you can''t make a game ? the official site seems to suggest £20 but that seems a bit tight.[/quote]I didn''t think it was even that much. You really are as well not bothering, the scheme is terrible. You only actually get the credit towards your next season ticket IF they sell your seat on, on the day. And then you have to faff about claiming it, they don''t do it automatically.Utterly pointless scheme.

Thanks for the advice it''s the Liverpool game we can''t attend but like you say it''s not worth it.

[quote user="yoda"]Thanks for the advice it''s the Liverpool game we can''t attend but like you say it''s not worth it.[/quote]Its about time the club reviewed the scheme. Run properly it really could benefit both club and season ticket holder.

A couple of years ago I think it was only about £8 a game you got back, and still only as a credit towards your next season ticket, if they sold yours at full price. Its rubbish. Far better to offer it around on facebook or on here for £25-£30. Won''t have any trouble selling on and its cash in hand. Might want to take a deposit to ensure the card comes back though if its someone you don''t know.

I have used the scheme 2 or 3 times a season and originally the money was pitifully low and now it appears that is up to £20. My seat sells for £60 for the big games so the club gets a £40 profit which is a bit much when I have already paid just under £30 for the seat through my season ticket per game. That means that whenever I use the scheme for a top grade match the club effectively gets £70 for it.

As other have said you do not get it until renewal but it does not need to be requested as it is included in the pricing of your renewal cost.

[quote user="yoda"]Does anyone know how much the club gives you if you can''t make a game ? the official site seems to suggest £20 but that seems a bit tight.[/quote]The site does say up to £20. I think the amount used to depend on the category of the league match, with the highest buy-back prices for the highest rated games, but the site doesn''t now seem to list categories. I find the scheme very useful and it really isn''t a great hassle - you just email the club in advance to authorise them to sell the seat on.

You may as well authorise the club to sell the tickets if you can''t go - it gives other fans the opportunity to see the game as Liverpool will no doubt be a sellout.

I would suggest lending it / selling it for the day to fellow NCFC supporter as in these games FCR seems to be invaded by away supporters in the home ends

We''ve used it a few times, I''ve got £30 off my season ticket for next season and my wife £45. These are based on the games during the 2014/15 season, so all in the Championship and not paying that much back each.

This season there have been a number of £20 games, these included Arsenal and I believe Villa over Christmas too.

Living away from Norwich it''s useful for us, sometimes we don''t make the decision on whether to go until fairly late in the week depending on family commitments and it saves the hassle of managing the season tickets with friends etc.. It''s very easy to do on the NCFC website, just a couple of clicks and the seat is made available.

For the likes of the Spurs and Chelsea midweek games that I know I can''t make well in advance I let a friend use the ticket for a couple of beers as it''s better value for everyone (other than the NCFC, but they get enough of my money)!

Any games I am away at sea I give my seat away to a friend for free.You capitalist pigs.

[quote user="Mutley"]I have used the scheme 2 or 3 times a season and originally the money was pitifully low and now it appears that is up to £20. My seat sells for £60 for the big games so the club gets a £40 profit which is a bit much when I have already paid just under £30 for the seat through my season ticket per game. That means that whenever I use the scheme for a top grade match the club effectively gets £70 for it.

As other have said you do not get it until renewal but it does not need to be requested as it is included in the pricing of your renewal cost.[/quote]I''m in the same situation regarding having a £60 seat for the top games but I''ve never used buyback. A family member has used it in the past but it was always pretty unreliable. On some occasions the credit - which was then much lower - somehow didn''t get credited and it was then up to you to prove that the seat was sold. So much hassle.I too think the buy back rate is too low. They could give you the full cost to you, ie, season ticket cost divided by number of games, and still make a decent profit except on those very few games where they sell casual tickets at a big discount.Would much rather pass the ticket on to a friend.