Sign in to follow this  
DeanoBravoWSM

Stoke Away

Wouldn''t say "certainly winnable", definitely a tough game, but with AN''s attention to preparation we have a good chance, certainly a big support there would help no end, IMO.

Decent record vs Stoke in recent years. Looks like a goal shy game. Posting from a phone, so it might look like crap in the browser.

2015-08-22 Norwich - Stoke 1 - 1 Premier League 2015/2016

2014-03-08 Norwich - Stoke 1 - 1 Premier League 2013/2014

2013-09-29 Stoke - Norwich 0 - 1 Premier League 2013/2014

2013-04-27 Stoke - Norwich 1 - 0 Premier League 2012/2013

2012-11-03 Norwich - Stoke 1 - 0 Premier League 2012/2013

2012-03-03 Stoke - Norwich 1 - 0 Premier League 2011/2012

2011-08-21 Norwich - Stoke 1 - 1 Premier League 2011/2012

I can confidently predict that if nothing else it will be fecking freezing, because the Britannia always is, regardless of the time of year or weather.

Ha yes freezing as always Bought ticket yesterday. No idea of how many sold. Exiled in Staffordshire so an easy one for me to get too. Obviously tricky for home based fans with no Trains. so yes lets hope for a good turnout.. Will be grabbing a pint in the Glebe (Stoke town) 10 mins from station on the slim chance anyone else in that area..

This is defiantly the "but are they up to it on freezing cold night in Stoke though" game that is so often mentioned!

Working in Birmingham, I could drive up there in an hour straight from work. Doubt I can persuade any work mates to go with me though.

Won''t be the first time I''ve had to go on my own to a game!

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Any idea on ticket information? Not too far for me to get to, especially on a weekday evening.[/quote]

Tickets on general sale now, just ordered mine.  £15 plus booking fee, when was the last time you paid that for a game in the Prem ?

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Working in Birmingham, I could drive up there in an hour straight from work. Doubt I can persuade any work mates to go with me though. Won''t be the first time I''ve had to go on my own to a game![/quote]

I often travel to away games on my own and never have a problem chatting to other canaries before the game and at half-time (and the odd comment about how the game is going too).

As it happens I have an old college friend who''s based south of Manchester who''s coming to this game - while she''s not a city fan (or a "fan" of any club for that matter) she''s happy to come along to see city a couple of times a season.  This has included some dire fixtures eg losing 1-0 at Wigan, a 1-0 win at Port Vale (still a dire game - I think Fleming scrambled in the winner late on) and losing 4-0 at Man U a couple of times.  This year she came with me to Everton and stayed for the end of the penalty shootout so I''d say she''s entitled to come !

Tickets on general sale now, just ordered mine.  £15 plus booking fee, when was the last time you paid that for a game in the Prem ?

Can''t remember, there was a game ( Bolton last season I think) that was pretty cheap. Ordered my tickets! Gonna go with my mate who supports Liverpool. Maybe we can convert him to support a proper club!

Just bought five for me and my family - we''re only a couple of hours away - for a mere £45. Never been to The Britannia before, but had the misfortune of spending a weekend in Stoke in the nineties. Is it still a dump?

I''ve never been to Stoke before so, other than turning up early and using the South car park, has anyone any tips on where to park reasonably close to the stadium?
Thanks

Back to uni in Liverpool this weekend and looking to get tickets in the away end with a couple of, temporarily, Norwich supporting-friends.

Anyone know the easiest way for me to get tickets for them and myself please?

Anyone going could stop in here for a bite pre-game, or not!!

http://goodfoodshops.blogspot.co.uk/2008/06/barrys-pantry.html

The Alsager Lad review is especially evocative.........

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Back to uni in Liverpool this weekend and looking to get tickets in the away end with a couple of, temporarily, Norwich supporting-friends. Anyone know the easiest way for me to get tickets for them and myself please?[/quote]

You need registration numbers for everyone who you''re buying a ticket for.  If they''re not already registered, it''s pretty easy to register them, you just need their full names and home addresses - I think that''s it.  Your best bet is to call the ticket office.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Just bought five for me and my family - we''re only a couple of hours away - for a mere £45. Never been to The Britannia before, but had the misfortune of spending a weekend in Stoke in the nineties. Is it still a dump?[/quote]

I went to the old Victoria Ground back in the mid 90''s and the pre-match was one of the worst I can remember. Literally NOTHING in the town, total s**thole. Had this so called "all day brekkie".. more like all week it was so yuck!

Woostercanary;

I''ve never been to Stoke before so, other than turning up early and using the South car park, has anyone any tips on where to park reasonably close to the stadium?

We are driving up Wooster, and using Just Park, best go on line, and book early and can get parked within 1/2 mile of the ground, and get away quite easy after, longer leave further from ground you will end up having to park.

LC,
I have just registered for Just Park (for the Bournemouth game) but wasn''t bright enough to think about that for Stoke - duh.  Thanks for the idea.

NOTHING has improved, I have the ''pleasure'' of working in Stoke on a daily basis, very limited watering holes near the Britannia. A harvester and power league.

Luckily some nice real pubs in Stoke Town, however a 30 minute walk too...and back. Got a good feeling about this game though. Lets see

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Woostercanary;

We are driving up Wooster, and using Just Park, best go on line, and book early and can get parked within 1/2 mile of the ground, and get away quite easy after, longer leave further from ground you will end up having to park.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on this LC. Never heard of JustPark but I just signed up and got a space very close to the ground for £3.60. Useful site!

Splendid Rush...... Thanks for the heads up on this LC. Never heard of JustPark but I just signed up and got a space very close to the ground for £3.60. Useful site!

Well done, mine was £6.00 so hopefully not too far to walk in the artic blizzard that''s bound to arrive next week.

Anyone else traveling by car and not booked any parking follow signs too Michelin/Campbell Road 15/20 minutes walk to the ground over the A500 ,past the incinerator,over the canal brings you to the Britannia stadium. OTBC

[quote user="stoke canary"]Anyone else traveling by car and not booked any parking follow signs too Michelin/Campbell Road 15/20 minutes walk to the ground over the A500 ,past the incinerator,over the canal brings you to the Britannia stadium. OTBC[/quote]Lovely.Still, if Hull is to be the European City of Culture 2017 there''s hope for everybody...... 

If you want something more exotic There''s The Hem Heath pub on Stanley Mathews way 20 mins walk Postcard ST4 8HP Us locals will be in there from 5ish