Sign in to follow this  
unique

Eder - Sampadoria

A ''respected'' Italian agent suggesting Norwich City have put in a bid........not accepted.

I guess anybody who knows their Italian football would confirm that this would be quite a coup?

[quote user="unique"]A ''respected'' Italian agent suggesting Norwich City have put in a bid........not accepted.

I guess anybody who knows their Italian football would confirm that this would be quite a coup?[/quote]

He''s a very very very good finisher that springs to action at the top of the box. Beyond that he does little else. He''s a dirty little player, but very very smart. I am not a big fan, but if he gets opportunities he takes them 95% of the time. He''s pretty lightweight and has next to no work ethic. He likes getting shots in beyond anything else.

Another Hooper-type player, not needed for us. Can''t play lone striker, lacks work ethic, not got the physique, too egoistic to be a no 10. Getting on in age, and expensive. Not a good fit imho

[quote user="grefstad"]Another Hooper-type player, not needed for us. Can''t play lone striker, lacks work ethic, not got the physique, too egoistic to be a no 10. Getting on in age, and expensive. Not a good fit imho[/quote]

Except better, but yeah likely would find life tough in England on the field.

It would seem from what the agent said when interviewed, that our bid was not rejected, but rather Sampdoria wanted 15m Euros up front. Playing as a striker in serie A against top Italian defenders and scoring regularly would indicate that the lad, Brazilian I believe, is well able to perform and produce to a level that would satisfy all you moaners.

As he''s not actually Italian we may have a chance?! After watching the way other diminutive South American strikers have played at Carrow Rd in recent years I.e Suarez and Aguero, I certainly wouldn''t complain if the hand was on the other foot for once (or was that Maradona?).

[quote user="star_manic"]It would seem from what the agent said when interviewed, that our bid was not rejected, but rather Sampdoria wanted 15m Euros up front. Playing as a striker in serie A against top Italian defenders and scoring regularly would indicate that the lad, Brazilian I believe, is well able to perform and produce to a level that would satisfy all you moaners.[/quote]

Playing in Italy is often much lower tempo, which suits the more technical players.

Now, you can argue that the Prem is not exactly high tempo either these days, but still..

I wonder how Eder would cope when Alex Neil instructs him: "Work the channels, lad, drag their CB out to make space for Howson on a deep run".

Yeah, a Brazilian born striker in Italy, with reputation for being rather selfish, and shooting on sight of everything...dont think he fits in well with AN''s work ethic scheme. But I hope I''m wrong.