Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Ivo Pinto

at least we can now remove those irritating #ANNOUNCEPINTO tweets.

never in doubt; one press conference a week enough. Good news and great to hear AN being positive. Suspect we will quickly see him start.

Good early start to this window. Next please

Good news!

Considering we now have Pinto, Martin and Whits available for RB could this see the early return of Wisdom? Frees up a loan place and wages for us and considering Liverpool''s defensive injury list it would probably suit both clubs.

Never in doubt Zipp?  Inotice the signing is still "subject to paperwork" so lets hope nobody anywhere messes that up or forgets  it or loses it.Apart from that, yes  well done City in bringing this guy in, and the hard work associated with it. Welcome Ivo!

Looks good on paper, let''s hope he''s as good on grass! Well done all concerned and welcome to NCFC.

I wonder whether Whittaker will leave this window, not Wisdom Hairy. Wisdom can also cover CB at a push, though still hoping for reinforcements here.

Whitts heading back to Rangers? Wisdom back to Liverpool?

Good to have our 3rd signing done, good to see the fringe players cleared out too. Would be nice to sell Laffs, Hooper & Grabban then to see a decent striker, CB and Naismith to complete a good January.

Good start to January and off a great run of results things are looking very positive.

paperwork is a formality in this case, no permit issues as he is a euro national - signatures from club and players only between FA & UEFA; - should comfortably be done by 5pm this evening in time for tomorrow if needed.

There was never a rush; no league game until tuesday and only the fans impatience imposing any urgency on this

[quote user="Indy"]Whitts heading back to Rangers? Wisdom back to Liverpool?

Good to have our 3rd signing done, good to see the fringe players cleared out too. Would be nice to sell Laffs, Hooper & Grabban then to see a decent striker, CB and Naismith to complete a good January.

Good start to January and off a great run of results things are looking very positive.[/quote]I should imagine that Russel Martin is wondering where his next game is coming from, too.

Looks useful business. In the Portugal squad so must have something about him. I can''t think we''ll change a winning formula at the back just yet, so Russ will probably get the nod against Man City and Stoke unless we''re resting people this weekend.

I''d imagine he''ll be on the bench against Stoke. I don''t know what it means for Wisdom as he can cover at centre back as well but I think it spells the end for Whittaker.

I wonder if he can cover left back as well...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]Whitts heading back to Rangers? Wisdom back to Liverpool? Good to have our 3rd signing done, good to see the fringe players cleared out too. Would be nice to sell Laffs, Hooper & Grabban then to see a decent striker, CB and Naismith to complete a good January. Good start to January and off a great run of results things are looking very positive.[/quote]

I should imagine that Russel Martin is wondering where his next game is coming from, too.
[/quote]

Great news !

Like Garrido a while back - it''s easy for us to forget that players are human and when we bring in someone who''s (hopefully) better in any given position that translates into someone already at the club slipping down the picking order.

I think we shouldn''t get too far ahead of ourselves, RM gives us cover at both right back and centre back, and we''d have to see how Pinto establishes himself.

Makes sense all round to look at selling Whitts in this window now - a technically good player who is let down by a painful lack of pace.  The problem with lack of pace is that it doesn''t take Prem teams long to work it out and then you know that if you play him, most Prem teams have a pacey flank player they can target against him and you''ve got a real problem.  Ditto if Pinto gets bedded in quickly and we get another CB in then you can''t see much point keeping Wisdom for the rest of the season.

So if we get a CB and Naismith in plus move on some of the others, I''ll count this a good window.  Bringing in a quality striker would be great but I''m not holding my breath.

Found this on him:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2014/dec/30/transfer-window-20-premier-league-targets-for-january-2015

Tor Kristian Karlsen''s 20 Premier League Targets from this time last year.

"Ivo Pinto (Dinamo Zagreb)

Fee: £6m

Possible suitors: In a Premier League short on quality right-backs, Pinto could prove a sensible acquisition for a mid-table side

A physically well-equipped and attack minded right-back on the verge of breaking into the Portuguese senior side, the FC Porto product has already been checked out by several English top flight teams"

There''s a few others on there worth a punt as well. What''s that Fabien Schar doing these days? He looked pretty handy when i''ve seen him in the Champions League.

I have from a very good source that this is what the new chairman describes as a ''bridging loan''. Once Ivo is settled in, he''ll be able to persuade his good friend Cristiano Ronaldo that his next move should be to Norfolk, once our Premier League status is secured all of next years income will be assigned to ''Project CR7''.

The Zagreb right back playing against Bayern got ripped apart but Costa is a bit special

[quote user="T"]The Zagreb right back playing against Bayern got ripped apart but Costa is a bit special[/quote]

This was the issue that delayed the transfer but after negotiations City agreed that the next time we play Bayern Ivo will be ''rested''.

From you tube vids it looks like Ivo has  a lot of fast pace and is pretty classy at beating a player and crossing. Time will tell but, considering his pedigree, and age, he could be absolute snip  for the 2 + mill we paid. But lets be patient with him and make City a place he can admire.

Speaks very good English too, judging by that NCFC video.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="Essjayess"]This is no way a done deal, this is no way a "definite". All thru this no official of City have ever said its a done deal, or even mentioned Ivo Pinto . Until any player actually signs on the line, then holds the City shirt, then we no signed him. Thats why anyone who talks with gay abandon about Whitts going here or Russ going there (myself included) is just talking fantasy.There is zero evidence that Pinto will sign on Friday or any other day until the club them selves announce it.[/quote]

I''m with you Essjayess, this board goes completely nuts throughout January, so many false leads & even those that aren''t are far more complicated. Than we can imagine. This is far from being a done deal I think,[/quote]

Complete Twot what do I know!! Great to see a bit more competition for RB spot. Welcome Ivo.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I have from a very good source that this is what the new chairman describes as a ''bridging loan''. Once Ivo is settled in, he''ll be able to persuade his good friend Cristiano Ronaldo that his next move should be to Norfolk, once our Premier League status is secured all of next years income will be assigned to ''Project CR7''.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha

Not wishing to dampen the spirits of supporters that rise at any signing the club makes, but I suspect judgement is best reserved over Ivor.

He may be a speed merchant down the flank, but if the interview with the Zagreb-based football writer is anything to go by, someone who has watched his every game this season, then defensively he may well not be an upgrade.

And it''s the defence that needs the attention.

Great start to the window with Jarvis and Pinto, hopefully others we are talking to will look at him coming here with champions league pedigree along with Mbokani here and have some faith in joining us