Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Ivo Pinto

Slightly OT but did anyone else notice the article on the home page profiling Pinto has a picture of Arijan Ademi battling with Tonev of Celtic and not Ivo Pinto? Top quality journalism.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Slightly OT but did anyone else notice the article on the home page profiling Pinto has a picture of Arijan Ademi battling with Tonev of Celtic and not Ivo Pinto? Top quality journalism.[/quote]Haha. Well spotted.

Great stuff if true, had his medical a week ago today so would imagine it''ll be tied up by now. Hopefully an announcement from the club soon then

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Good, perhaps we might now hear something about a CB or two given that Bailey has reported that Ranocchia is not a target.[/quote]If Pinto becomes first choice RB, it would free up Russell Martin to move back to CB meaning it''s likely we would only need one more.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Good, perhaps we might now hear something about a CB or two given that Bailey has reported that Ranocchia is not a target.[/quote]If Pinto becomes first choice RB, it would free up Russell Martin to move back to CB meaning it''s likely we would only need one more.[/quote]
I would hope it means Whittaker goes somewhere else. We need two new CB''s not an excuse to put Martin back where he''s useless!

It''s not just about Whittaker, Wisdom is only with us until the summer, signing Pinto now could mean we keep all of them until then which would allow him time to bed in and not have to hit the ground running which some international imports seem to do.

I would put money on Whittaker to Rangers in the summer.

The only other factor is the link to Byram as well. If we sign him as part of a deal with Lafferty going the other way, maybe Whittaker would be free to move sooner.

Two CB''s may be a big ask though, one is proving hard enough at the moment. Two?

Hope this doesn''t mean Martin returning to CB any time soon. He is not up to playing there in the Prem and looks a bit of a liability in my opinion.

If Pinto is any good then it would mean we have some excellent balance to our side with two attack-minded fullbacks in him and Brady (his best position at the moment it would seem).

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Will Freida ?[/quote]Yes please. Sod any other transfer dealings. I''ll be happy.

Someone said at the start of the week that it would be Friday so let''s see what happens... seems to have been forever!

I think there''s plenty of movement to come, but it will be a domino effect.

Naismith/alternative in, Lafferty/Hooper out. Grabban out at the end of the window potentially depending on where we are in the league and who we have brought in.

Another CB in. Possibly a winger. That''s probably enough.

Build on the last few games and the new balance we have and get up that table!

This is no way a done deal, this is no way a "definite". All thru this no official of City have ever said its a done deal, or even mentioned Ivo Pinto . Until any player actually signs on the line, then holds the City shirt, then we no signed him. Thats why anyone who talks with gay abandon about Whitts going here or Russ going there (myself included) is just talking fantasy.There is zero evidence that Pinto will sign on Friday or any other day until the club them selves announce it.

[quote user="Essjayess"]This is no way a done deal, this is no way a "definite". All thru this no official of City have ever said its a done deal, or even mentioned Ivo Pinto . Until any player actually signs on the line, then holds the City shirt, then we no signed him. Thats why anyone who talks with gay abandon about Whitts going here or Russ going there (myself included) is just talking fantasy.There is zero evidence that Pinto will sign on Friday or any other day until the club them selves announce it.[/quote]

I''m with you Essjayess, this board goes completely nuts throughout January, so many false leads & even those that aren''t are far more complicated. Than we can imagine. This is far from being a done deal I think,

Whittaker is out of contract at the end of the season. If Pinto does sign it very difficult to see him being here next season.

Whits is out of contract end of season? I didnt know that.  So RB position will join CB position as being very fragile for cover at that time then. We are having  a few names bandied about like Pinto, Byram etc but its all pie in the sky until someone actually signs as i said earlier. Guess we are fine though until end of season.