Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

No Naismith in the Everton squad tonight

Would not be at all surprised to see Naismith play in 2nd leg, He''s the right kind of player to use in Evertons situation in that game.

Everton fans seem to think he''s on his way to us

Could someone do link if it doesnt work please

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26107-steven-naismith/page-10

Slightly strange one. Martinez said he wouldn''t sell him yet with a busy run of games in early January and two games into the run hasn''t even warranted him a place on the bench as an unused sub. I can imagine the player himself is starting to get a bit restless now. At 29 in the prime of his career he''s going to want to be playing games not sitting in the stands.

I think Naismith or some other striker must be being lined up or City pretty sure of  new guys coming in as the feel is in the next few days is we are letting more fringe and not so fringe players leaving.  With the continuing Laffs to Leeds saga, and Grabban maybe going to the Seagulls dirt cheap and E. Benno already gone, there will be spaces in the 25 to fill. Question remains just how much a change our squad will seem come February. Interesting times indeed, but just hoping our squad will indeed be strengthened as the club talked about and not weakened.

Thanks Lakey for doing link for me

Re the 25 man squad am I right in thinking we only had 24 in ours with one space which is 2 now with Benno leaving and will be 3 when Laffs leaves ??

Ya..23 at moment...24 when Pinto signs...23 when Grabbs leaves...24 when Naismith joins...err...by Februaury it could be 15...or 35.

From @forthofficial_ tonight:

BREAKING: Steven Naismith will undergo a medical with Norwich City over the course of the next few days #NCFC #EFC

Saw that tweet. Forth official tends to be one of the few reliable sources on twitter tbf. Obviously not 100% certain but I''m confident we''ll get that deal done.

Would be nice if theres some truth to it, but 9 days into January im already suffering from Rumour-itis, and need a medical of my own to ease the symptoms.

He is usually a good source of information with transfers and has Everton links. It''s quite funny seeing the Norwich transfer blogging Twitter kids giving him a bit of grief accusing him of making stuff up when that''s what they do all day.

He has over 90,000 followers and the replies from the Everton fans seem to confirm he''s reliable well as much as anyone can be. We''ll see.

It does seem a little odd that he hasn''t been involved - even from the bench - in their two most recent (cup) games, where the extended squad would have been used by Martinez. Everton fans do seem to think he''s moving, and he is (unusually for one of our potential signings) extremely well thought of.

I hope there''s truth in this, signing Naismith would be much more productive than Afobe

I thought it funny that his manager said he wasn''t involved today cause he had a slight knock, lol

He ll be ours very soon lol

[quote user="firststeps"]Afobe is a striker, Naismith is a midfielder, where is the comparison?[/quote]

I think his comparison is due to the fact they were two attacking players that Norwich have been linked with and were therefore potential signings. Our finances would suggest it was always likely to be a case of either / or.

I would agree with the point that an attacking midfielder gives a different option and style of play to Hoolahan and would be of more use than a fifth lone striker to compete with our other four in Jerome, Grabban, Mbokani and Lafferty. Personally I don''t think Afobe''s history of being sold on the cheap by a Premier League club and scoring regularly in the Championship would mean he''s necessarily any better than what we have. Grabban, Lafferty and Jerome have all been consistent goalscorers at that level anyway.

My point is an attacking midfielder is a different proposition to a out and out forward. We NEED a goal scorer, I would argue bringing in Naismith would demote Vadis who is improving game by game. Ultimately though we need someone to play in front of Naismith... a striker!

I think he''s a bit of both (AM and ST). He isn''t that physical but I think he has enough about him to score goals if played up top, but definately better in behind a main man. Really hope he comes.

We still need an out and out goalscorer in this window , none of Mbokani,Jerome or Grabban are remotely up to the job they just do not score anywhere near enough goals . Just keep your fingers crossed we do not bring in Dwight Gayle , what a complete waste of money that would be .