Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Grabban £8m Done Deal

Ridiculous doesn''t come close to £8 million for Lewis Grabban. Football really has gone mad. I want us to sign players but if that''s us making that signing today for that money I wouldn''t be happy. A reported £20 million on Afobe and Grabban😔 🔫

Grabban was and is a good player and will score goals for Bournemouth. For us though, his heart wasn''t in it, he just couldn''t quite settle and he had to be sold.

So, if the money being touted around is correct, we have done a good bit of business. We will always have last season along with two goals against them...

If you take out the pens he scored for Bournemouth he scored about 1 in 4 in the championship for them. I''m sure he''ll put the effort in for them and will no doubt look a much better player, but 8 million?

The fact that Bournemouth have spent these figures tells you not that they are bonkers but rather that, with the mega money over the next hurdle, this is the going rate for strikers right now.

We won''t pick up a decent forward for much less.

It''s mental JF. He wanted away in the summer, has been unsettled ever since. Such things have an effect on the team as a whole. And we dont know many other players have agents in their ear. It''s only when Feb gets here that they are all totally committed to the club until the end of the season.

Let''s not forget, Newcastle, Villa & Sunderland are worse off than Bournemouth, although we are in a dog fight with them, it''s not us v them, so if Grabban can take points off Villa, Swans and Sunderland then it''s also doing us a favour!

Not one result will relegate us, it''s down to AN and our own club to get results.

Bassong at Championship level was a very solid center back and would strengthen any team at that level. The same can''t be said of Grabban at PL level so I see no resemblance here

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well my old buddy Jim Smith is worried about it.

As for me, the ridiculousness of this situation just sums up the January transfer window!

Can''t wait ''til its over. Maybe we''ll then go on a run like we did last season and finish top half.[/quote]Nutty I think dear old Jim is even more of a miserablist than me [:D]We''ve just trousered an unbelievable £8m or so for a bloke who has thrown his toys out of the pram twice and doesn''t look anywhere near a Premier League forward and he''s worried that he might score against us on Saturday!!So what if he does score ? Doesn''t mean we''ll lose and even if it did surely getting £8m for an under-performer like him has got to be worth more than three points.Hasn''t it ?

Just looked on a Bournemouth forum. When they sign Afobe they laugh saying how we''re left with Grabban and how they gazumped us. Then when they find out they''re getting him too they manage to convince themselves that they are going to play nearly all their forwards at once and Grabban is only costing them £3-£5m

If the 8m fee is true some more good business but only if we bring in a better striker!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s mental JF. He wanted away in the summer, has been unsettled ever since. Such things have an effect on the team as a whole. And we dont know many other players have agents in their ear. It''s only when Feb gets here that they are all totally committed to the club until the end of the season.[/quote]It''s certainly mental Nutty. How the **** we''ve managed to get £8m for Grabban I''ll never know.There''s some on here who''re saying now we''ve got the Grabban money we can buy Naismith as if we''re so cash strapped we have to sell before we can buy. I really can''t believe that''s the case. If this Board has any ambition they''ll sanction a couple of heavyweight cheques for a forward and a centre half.I get fed up with this little ol'' Norwich mentality all the time. We don''t need to bankrupt ourselves but if ****ing Bournemouth can do it why can''t we ? ( and yes I know Bournemouth have a rich Russian owner, da, de, da, de da....but Bournemouth FFS ?? )

I truely believe this is an iconic day for transfer fees in this country.......I remember being in the school playground when I''d heard that Tottenham had sold Chris Waddle to Marseille for £4.5m, which at the time i couldn''t comprehend such a figure and hadn''t seen anything like that before...

however In 1998 Blackburn signed Christian Dailly from Derby for £5.25m, it was the first time I remember a distinctly ordinary player being sold for a mindblowing sum of money.

.......then today, this happens........for a player of Grabban''s limited capabilities to be sold for EIGHT MILLION POUNDS......is ,whilst unquestionably an unbelievable bit of business for us could now change the whole landscape of transfer fees for ever.

If that is now the benchmark for such a ordinary footballer, it does make you wonder, quite how much good strikers will now cost. Berahino is being quoted as an £18m target for Newcastle......until 3 and half hours ago ,I''d have said that was crazy......I''m not so sure now.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Little old bournemouth have just spent 20M in 2 days.

The Fairytale continues[/quote]

16M actually. Afobe 9M, Grabban 7M.

.....well maybe, but they''d just been given £50m for Torres ,and had about 6 hours to spend it before the transfer window shut......he was about the best that was available within that limited time.

unlike the useless tool we''ve just off loaded, Carroll was/has some talent...Liverpool just didnt play to it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"].....well maybe, but they''d just been given £50m for Torres ,and had about 6 hours to spend it before the transfer window shut......he was about the best that was available within that limited time.

unlike the useless tool we''ve just off loaded, Carroll was/has some talent...Liverpool just didnt play to it.[/quote]
Carroll is a terrible excuse for a footballer. Always has been.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So.. The consensus seems to be Grabban is sh!t, its the sale of the century but hopefully there''s an agreement that he DOESN''T play against us. That doesn''t quite add up......[/quote]

Nutty - I like it.

Afobe must be we p**sed off lol

Already got to move 3 strikers when Wilson fit now Grabban and if true they are also targeting Defoe and Abonglahor.

I seriously suggest whoever we are aiming to sign ( Bamford maybe ) that we can keep it under wraps until after he has signed as all Bournemouth seem to be doing is stopping the teams around them signing players and buying / unsettling others.

Hope they finish up in the same grave as QPR.

Afobe is a gamble and Grabban could find his form or carry on average.... Either way, he isn''t match fit with the amount of games he has had so good luck with that one! With no bias I really couldn''t say how he is going to get on, certainly if Wilson gets fit and Murray keeps banging them in he''s going to find his old friend the bench awaiting him again.

The money... Madness, signings or not we''ve made Bournmouth look stupid... They''ve effectively paid us a profit to let him come and score a couple of goals for us in the championship.

Wish him well. Had an odd career here basically scoring most of his goals in 2 spurts and totally anonymous in between. Started well last year & had a great run when AN took over. His injury came at just the wrong time - he had just scored in key wins over Wolves, Watford & Ipswich. Can''t forget he has 2 goals against Ipswich on his CV.

Something clearly happened over the summer & he never really settled - I don''t think he ever moved up from London either which probably tells us all we need to know!

Hopefully he doesnt score next week....

Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty was pleased for Lewis Grabban after his move from the Canaries to Bournemouth was confirmed. He wrote: "Congrats mate - will be missed in the dressing room. Top player and top guy."

[quote user="Well b back"]Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty was pleased for Lewis Grabban after his move from the Canaries to Bournemouth was confirmed. He wrote: "Congrats mate - will be missed in the dressing room. Top player and top guy."[/quote]Lol, like Lafferty is ever in the dressing room [;)]

The concern about Grabban playing us Saturday is about revenge of the ex, he''s certainly be well up for it. If he''d been playing for Watford for the time he''s been with us with the same level of goal/appearances/performance we''d be bemused at the idea of Bournemouth paying this amount for him.

I think its a great bit of business, not a 1st choice striker for us for whatever reasons and probably taking a large wage for warming the bench or his sofa.

I think we can look to reinvest that money wisely, finding a young and hungry forward to shadow Mbokani & Jerome or an experienced striker from over seas (would cost too much from the EPL)

I am not too worried about him starting against us as i would say he''s a bit away from match fit, but he may play a bit part, if he does i hope he gets a good response from the Norwich Faithful.

Good deal for both sides and looking forward to whoever we now bring in.

I am not too worried about him starting against us as i would say he''s a bit away from match fit, but he may play a bit part, if he does i hope he gets a good response from the Norwich Faithful.

I hope he doesn''t get a good response from our fans in ( this game only ) I hope that sing what a waste of money get him wound up bottom lip out get him sulking then sent off

to much at risk to be nice in this game