Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Grabban £8m Done Deal

''Why on earth would Bournemouth agree to such a clause?''

Simple - we could have just delayed the deal to after the weekend if they didn''t agree to a clause. I''ve not seen any reports so have no idea if there is one though.

Shame we couldn''t obtain a similar fee from a Championship club as I think he''ll do alright for them - just like Surman.He''s a decent player in my view and played a big part in our promotion season. So for that, I wish him well. Not so much for the stroppy behaviour though.As it is, this should probably fund Naismith''s arrival. Or at the very least pay for Jarvis and Pinto, leaving £3million in the kitty.I still don''t know how Grabban didn''t score against Palace on the opening day...

The calls out from stands may ave happened and are not cool but forget that on the pitch he was exactly what Bournemouth fans said e was a striker who scores 1 in 5 great chances. Even I the champ.

Had the discussion early on in his career at CR that if we went up he could not lead the line.

His attitude in the last game of the season gettin a straight red was not good, he could have cost us in the play offs. But that seems all forgotten.

His performance in the first home game proved it, but we also did not add a decent striker before that game. Rightly dropped and had to challenge for his place. Clearly the cup away game and murmurs from Bournemouth all summer proved he was not in the right frame of mind for our team.

For me we can get better and hopefully this window we will get a player who makes us forget him, but to be honest I am already just glad we got the money now. He is never going to be worth that value.

Hope his impact is as expected and that they get relegated.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]''Why on earth would Bournemouth agree to such a clause?''

Simple - we could have just delayed the deal to after the weekend if they didn''t agree to a clause. I''ve not seen any reports so have no idea if there is one though.[/quote]A delay benefits no one, we clearly wanted the deal done so we can go spend our money. And Bournemouth knew full well we wanted shot.Its all speculation, but personally I can''t see it.

Excellent piece of business. Hope we do not waste the money on Naismith. Too old and not an out and out striker.

Well I wish Lewis Grabban well (not against us of course), I personally never judged him on his going AWOL, I am sure there was more to that than we will ever know. I always felt Lewis Grabban offered us a different option up front and I hope any new signing(s) will do the same. Clearly a good move for him and a good deal for us..........

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Well I wish Lewis Grabban well (not against us of course), I personally never judged him on his going AWOL, I am sure there was more to that than we will ever know. I always felt Lewis Grabban offered us a different option up front and I hope any new signing(s) will do the same. Clearly a good move for him and a good deal for us..........[/quote]With it being so obvious how much we needed an option like Grabban, at least on the bench, it shows how big the problem, whatever it was, that Alex Neil had with him....

£20 million on two unproven PL centre forwards, that is shocking by Bournemouth. Afobe is a big gamble as no one really knows how he will step up. As for Grabban he will never be a good forward at this level

I''m not saying that their definitely is an agreement in place, but I can very much see there being one.A delay whilst not ideal for either, would possibly have happened if Muff did not agree to not play him (if you can no longer insert such clauses).  This gives them an extra week to get Grabban in and training and playing with his new teammates (than would have had otherwise), before their game at Sunderland.

I''m stunned by the amount of people in here who want a clause so he doesn''t play against us. I know football fans are a superstitious bunch, but Grabban is fooking useless. I''d be demanding a clause that he starts every game from now until the end of the season!! Doubt he''d even see the cow''s arris, let alone maintain his composure long enough to hit it with a banjo.

Its a good bit of financial business on our part but i seriously hope we have more than Naismith coming in now otherwise a few injuries to the wrong players would see us in serious trouble.

£8 million for a barn door is sale of the f ing century!

I think this suits all 3 parties involved the only problem being we have strengthened our rival, but the money will allow us to buy someone more suited to our style of play. So basically a level playing field.

Personally I think £8m is a rip off for Grabban, and so I''m amazed that we managed to sell him for that price. Although he''s been no good for us this season, when players move to other clubs their performance can change, and so I''m just hoping he doesn''t turn out better for Bournemouth

Its not just the 7 or 8 mill we get from the sale of Grabban, its the fact that it frees up more  money in the saving of his wages, for  which in the last few weeks were being paid to a guy not even in the 18 on a matchday. Thinking on that, Muff are signing guys like water right now, each one  adding to their wage bill, rich backers they may have, but id rather have our clubs prudent strategy in all honesty. Alex did say some may have to go to make way for those coming in. With E. Benno and Grabban gone we now have a slot or two free. Over to you Alex..

So.. The consensus seems to be Grabban is sh!t, its the sale of the century but hopefully there''s an agreement that he DOESN''T play against us. That doesn''t quite add up......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So.. The consensus seems to be Grabban is sh!t, its the sale of the century but hopefully there''s an agreement that he DOESN''T play against us. That doesn''t quite add up......[/quote][:D]

I''m with kick it off, I hope there is a clause he starts every game. 🐴🐴🐴🐴

It''s a strange one.

Perhaps an excellent goal against Arsenal is hidden somewhere in the subconscious.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I thought Grabban looked composed when he slotted his goal against Arsenal, and not many came his way in that game, I do wonder if some posters actually go to games......[/quote]
Were you at the Palace game when he channelled his inner Dean Coney for that miss? Didn''t look so composed then. I do wonder if some posters actually go to games.....

I wanted him gone and sold and we got great money for him

BUT I think he will do well at Bournemouth they seem a more fluid attacking unit than us and I think that will suit him

eddie howe is no mug he has signed two strikers one who maybe turn out to be a fantastic signing afobe and one who he knows will do a job for him ( grabban )

up to us to spend the money wisely !!

Well my old buddy Jim Smith is worried about it.

As for me, the ridiculousness of this situation just sums up the January transfer window!

Can''t wait ''til its over. Maybe we''ll then go on a run like we did last season and finish top half.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I wanted him gone and sold and we got great money for him

BUT I think he will do well at Bournemouth they seem a more fluid attacking unit than us and I think that will suit him

eddie howe is no mug he has signed two strikers one who maybe turn out to be a fantastic signing afobe and one who he knows will do a job for him ( grabban )

up to us to spend the money wisely !![/quote]No, the main reason he''ll do well is that he will give 100% because he wants to be there.Perhaps if he had done that here, he would have played more often.