Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Grabban £8m Done Deal

He won''t be crying there because someone will be holding his hand and as soon as he gets a bit upset Eddie Howe will be their to w@nk him off.

Seems plenty of ££ for a guy many supporters don''t appear to rate - but with Afobe being £10-12m should Grabban not perhaps be a bit more, being a PL striker and all that?!!

That''s tongue in cheek btw, but only partly.....7-8m seems good business, so long as there''s no chance he plays vs us; tbh I''d have waited until after the weekend

£8m for him is ultimately good business but allowing this deal to go through in time for him to play on Saturday is seriously questionable if the case.

You can''t put in clauses preventing players from playing against their old club anymore. As sh*t as he is we all know what''s going to happen. He will be seriously up for screwing us over.

Yes you can. If like in this case the game is straight after, you can stipulate for him not to play, they just include it in the contract.

Afobe & Grabban will score shed loads next season..........in the Championship!

Great deal, now let me ask you this, would you rather an experienced Premiership strike force made up of Naismith & Jerome, with Mbokani, who played in Champions league or spend 20 million on a younger Arsenal reject with one season in the championship and a very limited 27 year old striker both with limited premiership experience to go into the second half season relegation battle?

We''ve trousered £14 million for two players who would now arguably struggle to make our matchday 18. That is unbelievable work.

I will be happy to be proven wrong but I do not believe you can include such clauses in the contract any more.

[quote user="Jacko"]We''ve trousered £14 million for two players who would now arguably struggle to make our matchday 18. That is unbelievable work.[/quote]

Maybe it is but it will do us f**k all good if we do not spend some decent money on bringing in replacements who are better. We are now in profit on transfers since promotion. If we do not spend big money in the next two weeks then we will have brought any relegation (should it follow) on ourselves.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jacko"]We''ve trousered £14 million for two players who would now arguably struggle to make our matchday 18. That is unbelievable work.[/quote]

Maybe it is but it will do us f**k all good if we do not spend some decent money on bringing in replacements who are better. We are now in profit on transfers since promotion. If we do not spend big money in the next two weeks then we will have brought any relegation (should it follow) on ourselves.[/quote]Shall we worry about that if / when it happens maybe?

But the serious question is who do you get in that improves our squad?

And more importantly:

Either they have to be top quality to gazump Jerome or Mbokani as main striker OR

Surely we have to change our system to play with two up front, else it''s not going to make a huge difference?

Not as delighted as others are as think he will do ok for Bournemouth but good money for him.

Agree hogesar. I still think he''s a decent player but just didn''t settle here and wasn''t helped by the barrage of abuse he received.

It''s also quite possible that Bournemouth had a sell on clause in the deal which brought him here. If that''s the case then we won''t get the full £8 million for him (if that is indeed what the price was).

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Agree hogesar. I still think he''s a decent player but just didn''t settle here and wasn''t helped by the barrage of abuse he received.[/quote]Which he helped bring on himself with his petulant behaviour. What a proper professional does, when he finds himself not being picked, is get his head down, train hard, and make it impossible for the manager to leave him out.We are actually crying out for a different option like Lewis Grabban, and he still didn''t get games, which tells me that theres much, much more to this than we know.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]It''s also quite possible that Bournemouth had a sell on clause in the deal which brought him here. If that''s the case then we won''t get the full £8 million for him (if that is indeed what the price was).[/quote]The official line was that the deal is worth about 8 million to Norwich City. So not sure if that would be the case. And sell on clauses don''t seem to be around as much as they used to be.

Yep I don''t disagree but he doesn''t deserve to be called "lazy Muslim cnut" from the stands just because of a no-show at Rotherham 6 months earlier. Things were forgotten and forgiven but the people that mattered, but still the majority of fans couldn''t just get over it and let it go.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Yep I don''t disagree but he doesn''t deserve to be called "lazy Muslim cnut" from the stands just because of a no-show at Rotherham 6 months earlier. Things were forgotten and forgiven but the people that mattered, but still the majority of fans couldn''t just get over it and let it go.[/quote]One racist idiot isn''t "majority of fans" though, is it?Most sensible fans appreciate what he did for us in the Championship season, but were rightly not too happy about his hotel leaving strop, which I don''t think is that unreasonable (being unhappy about it)

One hopes there is a clause that he doesn''t play against us.

Also concerned that we''ve gone down our usual path i.e. we sell before getting a replacement. One could argue it''s not disastrous as we still have 3 strikers, but hope we do have something happening, and not just Naysmith

[quote user="Samwam27"]One hopes there is a clause that he doesn''t play against us.

Also concerned that we''ve gone down our usual path i.e. we sell before getting a replacement. One could argue it''s not disastrous as we still have 3 strikers, but hope we do have something happening, and not just Naysmith[/quote]Why on earth would Bournemouth agree to such a clause?

So is that Naismith and Gayle coming in then? Given that he doesn''t seem to fancy Hooper and Lafferty, I can''t see him letting Grabban go without a plan.

Didn''t set the world alight.never seemed happy here.unlikely to be 1st or even 2nd choice.take the money, we can put it to better use.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]So is that Naismith and Gayle coming in then? Given that he doesn''t seem to fancy Hooper and Lafferty, I can''t see him letting Grabban go without a plan.[/quote]

A plan they may have but can they execute it!