Sign in to follow this  
JP

where do we need to stengthen? who do u think we should sign?

In my opinion i think we still need to sign 4(maybe 5)players! Centre back, right back, centre mid, right mid (and maybe a striker.)

We need to sign a centre back of real class, experience and know how! Lets face it Fleming properly only has one good season left in him, but where as i do beleive Doherty is not a too bad a defender, i think he wil grow over next season into a gud solid centre back! But my sortlist of Centres backs are; possibly Gabbidon, possibly out of our price range etc, one of spurs'' many centre backs, Davenport, dawson(season long loans) Possibly a player who is out of favour at their premiership club, e.g, (AS LONG AS WE DONT SIGN REPKA OR PELLIGINO!)

Only havin one competitive right bak is a very risky game plan! the Taylor kid from tranmerre in my opioion would be a very good signing, for present and future!

Also we saw how many injuries we got last season, and i blieve only havin 3 centre mids, (jarret, francis & safri) could be too little cover! maybe signing another CM would be wise! (but not dennis wise, no thank you!)

We dont really have any cover or class at RM either, so possibly another right mid! any names in mind anyone?

So all replys are welcomed!

Please throw your opioions, names and ideas in!

But dont worry! Remember...Keep ur Fith in Worthington! Mr Norwich City!

Crikey - where to start?  IMO our squad was shown to be far too small last season and since then we have lost 8 for certain - all of whom turned out for us in the Prem - and we may lose more.  We''ve so far gained 3 - so at the very least we need 5 new players, probably more. 

I''d say we need 2 defenders and 3 midfielders at the very least, but also think we could safely lose one keeper from the squad - we don''t really need 4 do we?!

I''d probably go for the same suggestions as everyone else, though there are clearly many others who we could go for or who would do a decent job - the crucial thing is that they need to be able to fit in and play a full part from day one.  Good players that they are, we can''t really afford to have Jonson/Helveg-type signings who  take half a season to get up to speed, our squad simply isn''t going to be big enough for that!

[quote]Same as Northern Canary. Does anyone know if Worthy has ever even so much as mentioned Kristiansen?[/quote]

he hasnt mentioned them and i dont know wether he will have noticed him either. He would be a perfect signing though so someone should bring it to Worthy''s attention

[quote]ok, here we go: Right back: Taylor Centre mid: Koumas Centre back: Sodje/Morgan Left wing: Commons Right wing: Kristiansen[/quote]

Kristiansen would be a class signing, and would dream of having him running down our right flank. He would be our right-sided huckerby, and what a player he would be.

Where youat worthy? Surely you should be reading the pinkun message boards!

The key for me is that at least 2 of the signings we make should be of such quality that they will walk straight into the team and be capable of making the step up to the Prem if we get promoted.

As we stand with our squad now I think those 2 need to be the RB and CB. I have never seen Taylor play but I bow to the knowledge of the posters on here and suggest that he should be one of the signings. Add in a quality CB and we will have a back four that can play together for most of the season and build up some understanding before our (hopeful) return to the Prem. We will also have good cover with Flem, Doc, Charlton and MLJ.

If Francis leaves we need to replace him with a CM with the qualities from above. I am very hopeful that Jarrett will prove to be a good signing, I rate Paul Jewell pretty highly and he was prepared to give him a contract so I assume he is a pretty reasonable player. We then need one (possibly 2) more "squad" CM in case of injuries/suspension/attendance at African cup type things and probably one more wide (left) midfielder for cover in case of injuries.

I think we are all right up front, I think Thorne was a terrific signing on a free and will give us really good cover.

I hope (believe !!) NW is thinking along the same lines and is not just aiming for "squad" type players. I guess he has his hands tied at the moment whilst he waits for developments on the Francis front.....................but couldn''t he just put a little post on here telling us who he has in mind, the suspense is killing me !!!

Mark .Y.

[quote]Kristiansen would be a class signing, and would dream of having him running down our right flank. He would be our right-sided huckerby, and what a player he would be. Where youat worthy? Surely you s...[/quote]

If Worthy was reading the message board he would also see the comments regarding Fleming.  I have said it many times before that even if we sign a class central defender Worthy will never drop Fleming.  The first thing we must do is bring in a good defender alongside Shackell which will have a knock on effect for the rest of the defence ( especially Green if he is still here).

We do need cover at right back, a good centre back, possibly two playmakers in midfield, and we need a right and left sided attacking midfielder.  If you look at the present squad below you can see we are fairly strong in keepers and strikers.

Keepers - Green, Ward, Gallagher, Lewis

Left Back - Drury, Charlton,

Centre back - Shackell, Doherty, Fleming

Right Back - Louis-Jean

Left Midfield - Brennan

Centre Midfield - Safri, Jarrett

Right Midfield - Jonsson

Strikers - Huckerby, Ashton, McKenzie, Thorne, Henderson, Jarvis

I have not included Francis or McVeigh as they both will probably leave.  I calculate therefore that we need at least six new signings and I would be happy to see Sodje/Primus, Koumas, Taylor, and any exciting attacking left and right sided midfielders.

Im not too sure about Kristansen myself! But i think it is pretty obvious that we need strenghten and build our squad some more!

Our current best 11(for now and next season in the championship):

-Green

-Louis-jean_Fleming_Shackell_Drury

-Jonson_Francis_Safri_Huckerby

-McKenzie_Ashton

Do u agree?

maybe the Doc inplace of Fleming!???...i dont think so

Let be know your ideas, do u agree with my 11 or not!!!!!???

I would like to see doherty instead of fleming as he does look very good when he plays for ireland so i think he could do a good job for us in the championship otherwise i would like to see someone els brought in to play instead