Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Afobe 12 million

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Bournemouth look set to sign Afobe for 12 million....... No wonder we stopped our interest.

Absolute mental money.[/quote]Well I would rather they paid us the 8 million for Grabban, and we scraped up the other 4 mil and came away with Afobe.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Bournemouth look set to sign Afobe for 12 million....... No wonder we stopped our interest.

Absolute mental money.[/quote]
Really glad we didn''t sell Grabban to them though. That was really sensible business. Don''t sell them a striker who is wasteful and not even making our bench, but let them use that money to sign one of our long term targets and a far better player instead, who is a lot more likely to keep them up. At least we didn''t "strengthen" a rival by selling to them though.
Good, positive, big picture thinking if that Grabban bid really existed and was rejected.

Wolves said they won''t sell him, maybe that''s why they tried our resolve with Grabban

[quote user="AJ"]Wolves said they won''t sell him, maybe that''s why they tried our resolve with Grabban[/quote]Telegraph saying the deal will be done this weekend, missed a great chance to offload a waste of space and probably improved Bournemouth at the same time.. dear oh dear .

SSN stating that a bid has been made from Ballmouth but 10m not 12m. Still crazy money for one unproven in the Prem!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Bournemouth look set to sign Afobe for 12 million....... No wonder we stopped our interest.

Absolute mental money.[/quote]Well I would rather they paid us the 8 million for Grabban, and we scraped up the other 4 mil and came away with Afobe.[/quote]

The same thing just went through my mind. If true, we really have missed a trick in not off-loading Grabbon for 8mill'' don''t see many other takers with that kind money.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Bournemouth look set to sign Afobe for 12 million....... No wonder we stopped our interest.

Absolute mental money.[/quote]Well I would rather they paid us the 8 million for Grabban, and we scraped up the other 4 mil and came away with Afobe.[/quote]

The same thing just went through my mind. If true, we really have missed a trick in not off-loading Grabbon for 8mill'' don''t see many other takers with that kind money.

I suggest that the Bournemouth bid for Grabban only existed in Grabben''s and his agent''s minds - Bournemouth had no intention of coming back for him after the way we dealt with them last time [source Bournemouth fan - not a huge amount of evidence I know....]

Gotta say I agree with Morty on this. Still not convinced on afobe though. I only hope we have our eyes on someone even better.

Would be seriously gutted to miss out on Afobe, even if it is 12m. The lad is strong, quick, athletic, hungry, young, scores all types of goals and wouldnt need time to settle in a foreign country. Absolute no brainer imo.

We should be breaking our backs and bank to get him

If that goes through, that''ll be thrice Bournemouth have done us.

SOld us Grabban, then got Willson, and then get Afobe

I''d prefer we ditched Grabban and got Afobe, than be left with the sour apple and see a bright young talent go to our rivals!

Can''t we try selling Grabban to Wolves in part exchange and cash for Afobe. Would seem like a win win!

Wolves may get 10 or 12 mill for Afobe but they will only get a fraction of that to re invest on players. Firstly Arsenal get a 20% slice of that  in a sell on clause. Second the Wolves main man Moxey has a history of giving back only a small portion of transfer to re invest on players.As for Afobe, i was always hopeful last summer we would not get him, i dont think hes  a City type striker in the Prem. Hes more of an in the box poacher like Hooper, not great at holding the ball up and easily bullied off the ball to. Hes young and has the potential to get goals, but remain to be seen how he does, the Prem is a different beast to the championship as we know. But if Wolves do get a few mill, maybe even Laffs would interest them, who knows.

Read a report from mirror saying we have been trying to contact his agent today to avoid missing out

Cant do links but if you Google Benik Afobe and then heading News ( page 2 or 3 ) on there. Any truth in it??

I have to admit being disappointed about this considering we had a £10m offer rejected in the summer. Neil clearly wanted him and we weren''t far off what Bournemouth are paying.

He''s a top young player.

Will we see a £10-£13m striker signing on the dotted line here?

Considering they wanted at least £12m in Summer, it seems odd they''d accept £10m in what is always regarded as an extremely inflated Jan market.

Surely we enough enough surplus strikers to offer a part exchange?

Perhaps NCFC are only interested in adding Naysmith as the primary attacking target. Hope not

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Bournemouth look set to sign Afobe for 12 million....... No wonder we stopped our interest.

Absolute mental money.[/quote]
Really glad we didn''t sell Grabban to them though. That was really sensible business. Don''t sell them a striker who is wasteful and not even making our bench, but let them use that money to sign one of our long term targets and a far better player instead, who is a lot more likely to keep them up. At least we didn''t "strengthen" a rival by selling to them though.
Good, positive, big picture thinking if that Grabban bid really existed and was rejected.
[/quote]Bang on! 

Does anyone really believe Bournemouth offered 8 million for Grabban? It was one questionable source and nothing official!

I''d imagine AN & DM would have the same opinion as the rest of us and personally delivered him to Bournemouth!

It''s more likely total bull or a very over estimated offer?

As for Afobe can I just point out he''s failed to make the grade at Arsenal, had a half decent season at Wolves and 12 million for a younger Jerome is way too much of a gamble, we have two similar players in Mbokani & Jerome, maybe Haller is our main target and in our sights?