Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

What would constitute a good january window

Ok so we have added Pinto and it seems that Naismith is nailed on to join him.

For me the jury is out on Pinto but Naismith (if he comes) is a very good move.

But this Jan will not be a good window for me unless we sign one or two CB who are better than what we have already.

What would you say is the minimum for January? What needs to happen for the board to show intent to survive...

Hi Jaemae2...

Anyway, I''d be happy if we got 9 points moving us on to 32 with plenty of games left. If we get them points, we could sign The Pope for all I care!

In addition to business already done, would be pleased with offloading Lafferty / Hooper / Turner / Whittaker, and getting in a beast of a centre-half and a hard-working striker.

A good January would be:

An class CB

A class ST

A class CM

Naismith

Pinto

An average window would be:

A class CB

A decent ST

Naismith

Pinto

A terrible window would be:

Naismith

Pinto

An average CB

If it''s not as good as "x"''s transfer window it will have been a total disaster.

What would constitute a good transfer window (or indeed pair of good transfer windows)? 
Answer: If we are a Premier League club for the 2016/17 season.

Jarvis and pinto may be good signings.

Grabban leaving is great but if we do not get a forward with some clout and a centre half we are on a slippery slope.

Defender should have been brought in this summer and it is a key signing, they need to be a leader and be our best defensive player. We cannot bring in a player who will compete, they have to be a signing that oozes class.

Naismith may join and adds bite and ability. But centre half is critical

New starters at RB, RCB and striker. In other words, exactly the same situation we failed to address in the Summer. That this half of the season is much more challenging further increases the imperative to strengthen.

Fr. Chewy Louie wrote: In addition to business already done, would be pleased with offloading Lafferty / Hooper / Turner / Whittaker, and getting in a beast of a centre-half and a hard-working striker.

I agree with this and I''m happy with the money we have received so far for players who are surplus.

Personally, I''d be happy with Naismith as he is an established PL player. I would like a CB too but established PL CB''s are like rocking horse sh!t. I would be happy with a top defender on loan.

In summary, we need to ship out more than we bring in but what we bring in needs to blend in and be better than what we have.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]"exactly the same situation we failed to address in the Summer. That this half of the season is much more challenging further increases the imperative to strengthen.[/quote]

Indeed and we now will have to pay a massive premium on the price

AN said on local news something along the lines that he doesn''t feel the urgent need for another striker and is happy with the 3 he''s got. Unless I misunderstood him I find that quite worrying.

[quote user="sonyc"]I''m with Cantiaci here. Top striker and CB.[/quote]

Reading this thread prompts a further question:

Does the Canary shop stock worry beads in club colours?

An official club shop dartboard with spaces to stick pictures of players faces, allowing us to hurl club darts at them when they leave us high and dry.

Not seeing another post from Highland, Canary One, Waveney and the OP would suffice. Thanks.