Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Grabban on bench tonight

Norwich City manager Alex Neil says that Lewis Grabban was a commodity that wasn`t supplying anything for the club and that was why the club took the decision to sell him.

Bournemouth have reportedly paid around £8 for Grabban, a rumoured profit of about £4.5m in just eighteen months. Only Eddie Howe would pay that much for him and as Neil pointed out at his pre-Stoke presser, the player wasn`t contributing anymore, so it made good sense.

''We had a commodity there that wasn''t supplying anything for us, so we had to get the best value,'' Neil said

''We just felt he was a player who had run his course at Norwich. He was not involved, he was not in our squads,'' Neil added.

''Lewis contributed greatly to us getting promoted and started the season for us, then we had a couple of incidents afterwards, and to be honest I don''t think we really recovered from that.

''I think it was one of those where Lewis had come to the conclusion that he was best suited to playing elsewhere, and we agreed with that.

''Sometimes players have their heads turned and get their heart set on going elsewhere.''

Happy to see him go.

Wouldn''t mind seeing Surman back as our holding midfielder thought. Best passer in the league this year according to stats with 1100 passes completed. which is nearly double what Tettey has achieved.

[quote user="Mooney"]Happy to see him go.

Wouldn''t mind seeing Surman back as our holding midfielder thought. Best passer in the league this year according to stats with 1100 passes completed. which is nearly double what Tettey has achieved.[/quote]

I like Surman a good tidy pass and move player. Would I put him in front of our back four as the holding player over Tettey? never.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]I kind of want Afobe to score, just because it will liven this place up for an hour or so.

Devil [6]
[/quote][:D]The foot stamping will stop you hearing the keyboard thumping which will stop you hearing the thrown toys which will stop you hearing the high pitched whining.

Just the prescence of Grabban on the bench has galvanised B''moof and turned them into Barca, ex head boy and chief boy scout eddie howe is content as he licks himself and wonders if he can afford a larger painting of himself than Brendan Rogers.

Am I vindictive or anyone else not want him to score many at Bournemouth? He always seemed to be the ''long sulk'' type when he was with us. Somehow never seemed happy in yellow and green. Neil hinted as much today in his comments.

WH though are no mugs and hopefully they can score early in 2nd half

Afobe has missed a city and fell over the ball when 1 on 1 with the keeper. That''s what I want to hear!

[quote user="sonyc"]Am I vindictive or anyone else not want him to score many at Bournemouth? He always seemed to be the ''long sulk'' type when he was with us. Somehow never seemed happy in yellow and green. Neil hinted as much today in his comments.

WH though are no mugs and hopefully they can score early in 2nd half[/quote]I started off thinking he was just a quiet character who jut got on with it with no fuss, but over a period of time he has shown himself to be a bit short of brain cells.  That''s what makes it hard to understand is why Bn''mth would want him back - and why he would want to go back.  The parable of the prodigal son worked in the Bible, but not in Bournemouth.........

Grabban''s done more in five minutes than he ever did for Norwich and the commentator has said as much too

He beat someone?

Well, that''s worth 7 million quid.

Still losing though, yeah?

[quote user="gitto"]Grabban''s done more in five minutes than he ever did for Norwich and the commentator has said as much too[/quote]
What, he''s already scored fourteen goals?

Qnothing like being 1-0 up at half time and playing your new shiny expensive strikers in front of an eager home crowd and then let in 3 goals. £18m spent on two strikers. Marvellous.

[quote user="Mooney"]Happy to see him go.

Wouldn''t mind seeing Surman back as our holding midfielder thought. Best passer in the league this year according to stats with 1100 passes completed. which is nearly double what Tettey has achieved.[/quote]

Stats speak for themselves. Tettey breaks up play exceptionally well but his passing is poor, he slows down the break and he makes too many mistakes to be a top player in the prem. Surman looked really tidy in that role tonight

So now Andrew Surman is better in a holding role than our Norwegian international midfielder.

Wonderful.

I am sure Surman did well in that 3-1 home defeat.

Binner.

[quote user="Mooney"]

Stats speak for themselves. Tettey breaks up play exceptionally well but his passing is poor, he slows down the break and he makes too many mistakes to be a top player in the prem. Surman looked really tidy in that role tonight[/quote]

Correct. Tettey has his use, but his strengths does not cover his weaknesses. His tackling, break up play, willingness to work for the team, etc is good.

The other dimension of being a midfield player, passing, quick mind, tempo on the ball, technique, etc is far from good.

But I guess if he had it all, he would not be at Norwich, and we would not have got him on the cheap from Rennes...

As for Tettey being a better fit for us than Surman....I''m not sure.

Surman lacks a bit of pace, but in his deep role, he disquise it quite well. For me, Surman is a bit light weight. Maybe a bit too similar with Howson, so I think, overall, Tettey is a better fit for us, but Tettey needs a better def mid partner, someone who can pass, and quickly get things moving.

Lake District Canary "Grabban will come on and score the winning goal tonight. "