Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Naismith stalling, in for Gayle

It really is the summer all over again.

Glaring lack of depth at CB but no sign of any new player. Naismith stalling, links to unrealistic foreign players who never materialised and then panic bids for the likes of Gayle...

... who is not wanted at a club who have been in this division less than us over the last 5 yrs.

If we keep signing championship standard players and prem rejects then it doesn''t take a lot of brains to work out where we will be playing our football...

It''s January 13th

13th!just imagine what these pant setters are going to be like on deadline day!

bulk order of tenalady & tenaman available at inflated january window prices for those emergency buys...

It''s poor expectation setting and poor communication from the club that is causing the angst not the date

They set the expectation haven''t delivered and now people are holding them to account

Naismith probably want to see where we are in the table come late January before committing.

As for Gayle, hope we are not in for him. Just can not see him fitting in. I don''t rate him either, and certainly not at 8 mill.

[quote user="The Wise Shepherd"]They set the expectation haven''t delivered and now people are holding them to account[/quote]How are they doing this Waveney apart from whingeing ''n whining  ''n wailing ''n whimpering?

Gayle is worth 8m if Grabban is. That''s the problem with these inflated fees. If we got Gayle in a kind of straight swap for Grabban I''d be happy...

We''re still doomed, still doomed I tells ye (we sealed our fate by not signing 15 players within 1 hour of the transfer window opening). McNally out!

Apples

Bet Wolves fans were thinking ffs sell Afobe for £10m - £12m replace him by spending £350000 on a Polish striker, makes his debut last night scores twice. Jackett is now a genius

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Gayle is worth 8m if Grabban is. That''s the problem with these inflated fees. If we got Gayle in a kind of straight swap for Grabban I''d be happy...[/quote]Agree there Nutty.I''d much rather have Gayle than Grabban in the team although I think we can do better. I really can''t see how Gayle is worth £8m but if we got that sort of money for Grabban who''s to argue ?

To be fair to all the so called ''pant wetters'' it was the club whom announced they would be getting their business done early.

In order to state this, they must have been pretty confident of getting their primary targets.

As this has not happened, we can only assume that all is not going according to plan.

gayle hasn''t really done it as palace so will he here ?

think he is very limited striker

I think 8 million would get haller and still have change

For goodness sake. Clint please read TC''s post about getting business done early.

A lot of the frustration is with fans wanting to sign new bodies for the sake of it.

If we signed a previously unheard of foreign player for £15m loads of people would be jumping for joy.

Our CURRENT squad has rarely been in the drop zone so far ... we already have a good foundation.

[quote user="Clint"]To be fair to all the so called ''pant wetters'' it was the club whom announced they would be getting their business done early. In order to state this, they must have been pretty confident of getting their primary targets. As this has not happened, we can only assume that all is not going according to plan.[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3333389/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Clint"] it was the club whom announced they would be getting their business done early.[/quote]Show us exactly where the club stated that Clint. Here''s what McNally actually said.......

“Matt (Jarvis) is a big signing for us. Our stated aim as always is

to improve the squad in every transfer window,” said McNally. “We have

brought Matt in on a permanent deal. That is the start. We have been

really busy this past week, where we can try to get to a stage we can

bring somebody else in, relatively early in the window.

“There is a difference of about five games between the start and the

end of the window. We are conscious of that and hopeful we can maybe get

another one across the line early on, but there are no guarantees. That

depends on buying clubs, selling clubs, agents, players, money. There

are a lot of imponderables but that is the intention.”

I can''t see your quote in there at all.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]A lot of the frustration is with fans wanting to sign new bodies for the sake of it. If we signed a previously unheard of foreign player for £15m loads of people would be jumping for joy. Our CURRENT squad has rarely been in the drop zone so far ... we already have a good foundation.[/quote]

That would be more reassuring if it wasn''t for the fact that in our last Prem season, we were also rarely in the drop zone... unfortunately one of those moments was at the end of the season.

I don''t think we''re wanting new bodies for the sake of it, instead there are a couple of areas in our squad that could do with strengthening and that''s what I want to happen.  CB especially we are short of cover.  If we sign a previously unheard of foreign player for £15m in that position I''d hope the club have scouted him properly and identified someone who fits the bill, in which case yes I would be jumping for joy.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

That would be more reassuring if it wasn''t for the fact that in our last Prem season, we were also rarely in the drop zone... unfortunately one of those moments was at the end of the season.

I don''t think we''re wanting new bodies for the sake of it, instead there are a couple of areas in our squad that could do with strengthening and that''s what I want to happen.  CB especially we are short of cover.  If we sign a previously unheard of foreign player for £15m in that position I''d hope the club have scouted him properly and identified someone who fits the bill, in which case yes I would be jumping for joy.

[/quote]

But there would be no point in jumping for joy until the end of the season when we find out whether the £15m foreign player actually did strengthen the squad or turned out to be no better than what we already had.

[quote user="Clint"]To be fair to all the so called ''pant wetters'' it was the club whom announced they would be getting their business done early.

In order to state this, they must have been pretty confident of getting their primary targets.

As this has not happened, we can only assume that all is not going according to plan.[/quote].

You have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4 👍👍👍👍

Gayle is far more accomplished than Grabban at this level. I''d take Gayle at 8 million to replace Grabban in a heartbeat.

If we were to let go of Grabban, Lafferty and Hooper and get around 12 million, I''d be happy with Gayle and a punt on an unproven striker on loan from a top club. Joel Campbell might be an option.

Jerome, Mbokani, Gayle and Campbell - we''d stay up with that strikeforce.

I don''t really feel like we need to spunk 8m on Naismith. We really could do with splashing out 10m+ on a decent CB. 10m we should have spent in the Summer.

Gayle would be a complete waste of money imo, he''s done nothing for Palace and there are better targets out there, Haller being one of them in my view.