Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Getting Business Done Early

Lol

You an call them rules, personal guidelines, mantras, whatever you want but I''m afraid it does make sense.

But you''ve stumbled across a massive point

That I''m "taking the enjoyment out of it"

Because that''s what it is, isn''t it. A show. A circus. Performance art.

I find these people, the people that want transfer deadline day as a national holiday and sit there in their pants all day watching Jeff stelling and Jim White lie to them just plain disturbing. It''s a sort of macabre parade of complete boll0cks. People getting themselves wound up over something that they know is b0llocks? There is something inherently wrong about that.

It should be viewed, coldly, as a business situation. The transfer of cash for good or services. It''s then and only then that you can view it and see the lines of the transfer window matrix. Not howling at the moon.

You can say it''s all in good fun, but I submit that its destructive and wierd the way some fans act this time of year. They totally lose themselves in it. It''s not a situation that''s unique to our fans either it''s every club and it''s just so stupid and preventable.

And as I said, read the reports, read the rumours and read between the lines. You are so easily lead! Take a step back.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]and that he has a plan in place to make this happen...

I''m just making the pony that its not unreasonable for people to feel a bit anxious. I was very blasé in the last window and look how that turned out, AN himself said he was very disappointed. Having said this, the doom mongers should be called out when they pop up.[/quote]
Feel a bit anxious? Oh, the poor dears. Maybe the club should offer counselling to help people over these recurrent difficult periods in their lives.
[/quote]Maybe the club should be run as a Premiership club and not somebody''s plaything , thought it would all come to an end soon but if the rumours are right the nepthew will be able to keep us down for years to come .[/quote]
No idea what a ''nepthew'' is, but irrespectively if it/he/she can keep us down the dark deep hole of football that is the Premier League, i''m all for him!

"take a step back'' is the obvious solution for the people who fit your description but for the majority of people who''s lives don''t rest on ncfc every possible move, this is indeed just entertainment. Behind the scenes its not; it''s the managers job, players job, chief execs job on the line in some cases.

If there''s another rumour which DEB has decided to post on here, it doesn''t annoy me, I don''t think ''it ain''t going to happen so whats the point in wasting your time''. I immediately know it''s 99% likely to not happen like everyone else, but if I don''t know the player I am sometimes interested just to see who he is and google him; I like the transfer window cycle that I can choose to dip in and out of and I''m sure many feel the same way.

(btw I called them rules because thats what you named them; rule 1, 2 and 3. Rules 1 and 3 make sense, rule 2 is not the best idea and it contradicts your whole transfer rule philosophy.)

The problem is there ARE plenty of people that got my description

There are plenty on here, reading this sentence right now.

I''m not sure how you can accommodate vast sums of money ring spent by the club on this weird merry-go-round as entertainment.

For me, the cold, emotionless solution is the only solution. It''s the only way I can do it without becoming bringing emotion into it and that just clouds everything. You can search David mcnallys mentions on Twitter right now and be confronted with a literal sea of stupidity. It''s quite staggering!

And like I said, it''s not specifically our club. Not by a long shot.

At our club public enemy number one is David McNally , a man who saved the club from financial oblivion and has presided over the most rapid growth and success in this clubs recent history. Or delia, who we all know is out to get the club, she''s shown that multiple times.

At Arsenal it''s penny pinching arsene, and manu it''s the nasty glazers preventing the transfers.

Every club has its pantomime villains for this time of year

I''m sorry, but I just look at the whole thing and see it for what it is.

A massive waste of time and emotion.

buh

"A massive waste of time and emotion. "

Which presumably is why you post so frequently on the topic?

The window and the buzz around it is a massive waste of time and emotion

As a study into human psychology? Fascinating!

I''m not saying there aren''t people who fit this description, but in the grand scheme of things these people are few and far between. The the thing is you seek the most likely places where these characters would occur e.g. forum and twatter.

And on the subject of twatter....well you have to be an idiot to sign up in the first place I think so the people who comment on norwich or football in general aren''t going to be the smartest minds out there.

The transfer window is not a waste of time and emotion, however it certainly can be if one indulges themselves constantly within it; its personal choice. You do have to remember, the people you see who comment on football or the club constantly are generally going to be the ones who try to pick the bones out of everything. Most people just get on with things and don''t get too involved in the whole circus of the window. There''s no point in getting angry over a few people on twatter.

Apart from Bournemouth and Newcastle spending big ,there hasn''t been too much transfer activity within the

Premier League clubs. We have brought in Pinto and Jarvis with hopefully a couple more to follow, which is more than most clubs have done so far. Calm down everyone

[quote user="mrs miggins"]AN is quoted saying that he wants his business done early and that he has plans in place behind the scenes. Unless these quotes are fabricated it looks as if things aren''t going to plan 12 days in. On the other hand, perhaps it is going to plan; perhaps we need to sell (e.g Grabban, Bennett etc) in order to spend a $hitload on the players we have in mind?

Wait and see I guess, but we can''t have a window like the last one.[/quote]Why on earth not? We are after all 5 points clear of the relegation zone with a game in hand..... so clearly it was a brilliant summer for us.

The inference from AN recently has been that the last work done by some NCFC staff in the last window was unacceptable...if we are keep him at Norwich i think the Board is going to have to show much more intent in this window than they did last summer .